VN Ren'Py [Dev Thread] Level Up! A Systems Adventure

swaydev

Aug 3, 2023
Level Up!

A Systems Adventure

The story follows a young adult quadriplegic male who lived through a horrible accident in which he lost both his parents and left him fully paralyzed. Fortunately for him, all his living and medical expenses are taken care of by his father's best friend, Jim. Surely Jim did this out of the kindness of his heart and it had absolutely nothing to do with the cushy 'Interim CEO' title he received straight after. One wonders what would happen when the 'Interim' part falls away.

Luckily, to distract him from real world worries, he got gifted a full-dive VR device which takes our protagonist into a magical world full of adventure and mystery where survival of the fittest is the only law. But thanks to the System, anyone stands a chance to grab onto power.

Can a cripple even move around in full-dive VR? Can he become a hero? Is it possible to bang in VR? Cat girls? Is Jim actually an asshole and will he kick our MC out of his house and care?

All these questions and more get answered in: Level Up! A Systems Adventure

About game:
I got a cool story in my head (At least, I think it's pretty cool) and I want to share it with you guys. It involves the real world but also some magical worlds. There will be a System that basically runs everything (The thing that assigns quests and hands out experience to level up). There's obviously some very interesting plot points that will shape the story which I don't want to reveal here. Basically, paralyzed guy goes into VR and now he can walk and fight and bang. Let's see what happens.

Why HS2 and not DAZ? I actually made some progress using DAZ but I quickly came to the conclusion that rendering in a quality that I would be happy with just took way too much time and I knew as the scenes grew and the list of required animations grew with it, I just won't be able to stick to small-scope, regualar releases. So I played around with HS2 and needles to say, the render times became insignificant and so, for my first game I chose to use HS2. This doesn't mean that if there's a "season 2" or a second game that it will stay in HS2 style.

I have been playing around with the idea to add fun mini-games, especially a fighting mini-game (I think could work really well with the theme) but I've ultimately decided against it as really think it would be better to keep the scope of the game as small as possible and instead focus on regular releases.
Some systems that will be in the game will include:
1. Inventory system (item collection)
2. Small free-roam scenes

Tags:
I will add more to this in the future. I'll probably try to cover a lot of kinks but NEVER beastiality nor NTR.

About the Dev:
Hi, call me Sway or Swaydev. My background is pretty irrelevant when it comes to making Visual Novels, the only things I can add here really is that I've self-published a short novel before and I've been playing around with Daz and HS2 studio for the past year, trying to see of I can make a game. And well, I think I can, so I'm gonna give it a shot with my first game: Level Up!
Honestly pretty nervous to make this post, but I felt like I needed to make it so that there would be people out there that could hold me accountable, which would be a massive boost to motivation for me.
I will make things like Patreon only once I have something solid for you guys to play but in the meantime I will make a discord for those of you that want to hangout. (I'll add link once I passed the minimum 3 post requirement)

Below you can find previews of some of the girls, hope you enjoy and feel free to give me feedback!

Untitled-1.png Untitled-5.png Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.png Untitled-4.png
8.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: skailark

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

Boom, looking forward to see what ya can pull off (No, not like that.Well, maybe like that too)

Reactions: swaydev

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
The game sounds promising. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
The art looks good IMO. One piece of advice, Try to keep all the images like the examples you've shown.

Reactions: swaydev