hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Ok. I'm intrigued, as in my lost and mostly forgotten youth I played some Vampire Pen'nPaper. So this feels nostalgic. Also, while maybe clichéd, nay, cringy, I give the story points for trying. A bit more show and a lot less tell, maybe?
Still, now I sit on a mountain, can't find how to cross a chasm, and am too stupid to just go home. That is bad design. If I can go back to the start, I should be able to go home. Maybe with a Bad End, because the guy with the Axe dies, but still...
About that chasm, what AM I doing wrong? Searching reveals nothing. Or is this a matter of you can't go on until you visited every fucking tile? Then I am off, because of grinding is not fun.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@hyco2 As I say in the release notes, the mountain is almost done. It's still bugged a bit and one cannot yet fight the boss across the chasm. However, my programmer looked it over tonight, and I believe we have fixed the bugs that got reported today. Remember, this is not finished by any means and is a work in progress.

@myuhinny Thank you! I think we may have MAY have finally got everything working on the mountain. Trying to make such an elaborate game using only HTML and JS, well, it's bound to have a few complications now and then. Thank you, though, I appreciate the report!

Reactions: dbp5ca

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks to all the bug reports and my friend's abilities, we have this entire update 100% finished. I just played through it 3 times, and while the monster hunt is challenging, it is beatable. For a hint see below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Doing this, I barely managed to down all the monsters and the boss, and so it feels very balanced. Anyway, this will lead you to the current end, and then, expect another update in a few weeks! Enjoy!

As an aside, I took down Muttdoggy's mirrors he made for me, so if anyone knows another mod, you might let them know that I currently only have my Hypnopics COllective link for downloading.

bornYesterday.dev

Jul 31, 2018
dude can you please post a order in which to play these games, i keep hitting spoiler after spoiler. it seems you start one game and it instantly spoils 2 others, whcih one is 1st whcih one is second and so on i hate spoilers. other then that looks interesting

Reactions: Furyous D

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Anonnymous18100 You are most welcome! I love interacting with the community!

@Greyhound Good lord that would be a dream come true, but sadly, I do not make nearly the income to be able to afford a programmer or team to make it all 3D (living off $1,300/mo in the USA is difficult). So, it is just hundreds of renders, and though I have only used Daz a year, I have been told they are of great quality. However, I plan on doing this the rest of my life, and someday, I want to bring these to a VR set where someone can literally stroll through my novels.

@Randomplayer Thank you! In case you missed it, I am planning to eventually use the Doxy Drink again, but where the player can Bimbotize other characters like some monsters or the Night Stalkers. However, I want to stress that my first goal is to continue with the story and then come back to add little extras towards my end (so it may be a bit, but will happen).

@bornYesterday.dev Worry not, there are no spoilers because one need not read these in any order. If you want to, however, I am all for it! There are only two left that my patrons have not voted for me to do yet. So the chronological order within the Anaxverse is:

Phantom: Revenge - Completed! (BUT this was my first Twine game and is VERY basic, as I was learning. I WILL go back and plan on making it much larger and with more content and choices in time)

Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial - NOT DONE!

The Anax: Call of the Cursed One - Completed!

Desideratum: Blood Bonds: Current Project

Of Sex and Souls: Noir Nights - NOT DONE!

Cult of Corruption: The Summoning - Completed!

Cereborg: Inception - Completed! (This is where I first learned Daz)

Slugs and Bugs: Invasion - Completed! (This was my 2nd Twine game, so it was less straight forward than Phantom, but not nearly what I can do now. Again, I plan on revisiting it to make it different. I REALLY want to redo the intro chapter but the main story stays the same.)

Now that I know how to use Daz, I do plan on overhauling all previous projects that I did using picture manips with my Daz models for continuity reasons. Because I plan on releasing Unity games (as in actual video games, not interactive novels) when I can get my Patreon to $2,500 a month, so I can pay my programmer for his time. Those games will be set in the Anaxverse and use the same models as my stories (I want to create all the lore first). If you want an idea of what I mean, I did upload a demo of my match 3 game

(I would have put this in a spoilers tag to help it stay smaller, but this is such pertinent info and so many new people seem suddenly interested in my work, so I am leaving it out.)

• Love
Reactions: Rudzi

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Zack_1 The mods put up those mirrors, you can use the Hypnopics download I posted... oh actually, it vanished. That's the website I moderate on. If you need a safe download for the moment, use . And, I would report that virus thing to @muttdoggy was I you.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
renders are beautiful...but the one pic in the previews..looks like she's chocolate covered and made me think of something @Avaron1974 said a week or so back..and the pregnant dame who looks like she was dipped in cherry sauce..well thats just dandy and swell..only played the first chapter so far..but must say this is some high quality stuff...will continue playing when my brain starts working again(i just woke)because this is not a no-brain game..lol

Reactions: The Anax

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Would be nice if y'all would remove the website that tries to give us a virus (megaup)
View attachment 230284 View attachment 230285
You actually didn't download from megaup. You downloaded from a popup ad.

Many of the sites we use to provide full speed downloads make use of popup ads to make their own revenue. Server costs are not cheap. Especially for multiple servers so you get faster downloads.

Edited to add. I redownloaded from megaup. I disregarded the popups and returned to megaup tab. Hit download again and the whole 500mb+ game was on my hard drive in 30 seconds. No virus, no broken zip. Worked perfectly.
Don't get fooled by the popup ads.

Reactions: The Anax

Zack_1

May 24, 2018
You actually didn't download from megaup. You downloaded from a popup ad.

Many of the sites we use to provide full speed downloads make use of popup ads to make their own revenue. Server costs are not cheap. Especially for multiple servers so you get faster downloads.

Edited to add. I redownloaded from megaup. I disregarded the popups and returned to megaup tab. Hit download again and the whole 500mb+ game was on my hard drive in 30 seconds. No virus, no broken zip. Worked perfectly.
Don't get fooled by the popup ads.
i didn't accept the download, i hit download on the main site and it automatically downloaded that

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I keep seeing I have new replies, and unfortunately, it's not what I am hoping to see. Again, I apologize Zack, I hope you had a chance to play though!

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@Zack_1 I'll pass along the info so we can track that and see if it happens again. Anyways, I hope you tried another link and got the game.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes