BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
I was also going to add weapon ranges but that may be difficult to add, at least for now.
Something to maybe consider in the future, but definitely low on the priority list.

A simple implementation would be each weapon havinga reach value, then when attacking/defending simply compare the values anbd add the difference as a bonus/penalty to hit.
Example: Spear (reach 7) attacks longsowrd (reach 5), the result is -2 (*10) % to hit bonus.
This does produce a problem with bows, so eanged weapon would need an expection

another way to do it would be to implement positioning. Every character and enemy would have a position value. 0 = all the way to the left (pay side), and 5 (or 10, or whatever the size of a battlefield is) = all the way to the right (enemy side). You'd have an "advance/fallback" moves that would move you forward/backward. More complicated and one has ot ask if it would be worth the effort.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Knight is an armor class with a shield and access to Heal and Cure. Paladin is too similar and merging Heal and Cure into one ability is overpowered on a team of 5. Many games break these apart for some strategic variety besides being able to use the same skill on every turn with no thought. "Corruption" is subjective and more linked to animal genetics rather than evil in a loose sense.
A paladin is a holy knight so the similarites would be a given. Tough I see paladin acting more as the current knight, with the knight being changed to have more martial skills (Like protect/defend/taunt) or removed altogether, since a soldier can fill that role.

Class skills learned are kept with zero restriction between weapon types. I'd rather not teach how overpowered it is but it's easy to start literally every born character with the ability to heal, lower enemy damage, and stun enemies before their get into their first fight with literally anything. So yeah, you too can be infusing magic knight elemental buffs on armor-bypassing samurai skills while using an axe. Although yes, some "weapon skills" become inaccessible when you choose a different base class and thus different weapon. I'm not yet compelled enough to say that needs change.
You are afraid of broken combos?
That's a separate issue altogether (and perhaps not evne an issue). I'd rather have more freedom to constuct character.

And I find samurai having armor-bypassing skills to be hilarious given that a katana is the LAST weapon you want to use against armor. Katanas are fantastic slicers (giving a bleed DoT?), but agasint armor they chip and bend like crazy.

That could be done via passive skills that are always active on a character or are semi-passive by lasting many turns once used. However weapon ranges would hurt build variety so much by endgame that players would tilt their team to one extreme or the other depending on what enemy they're planning to fight. For example, anything considered as flying, swimming, or otherwise evasive would be nearly impossible to hit by short weapons with this logic, so suddenly teammates would switch to archer and knight for the weapon reach. And thieves would be somehow more useless. Then a big slow ground-bound melee enemy is your farming or quest target, and suddenly it's all thief, monk, and samurai.
That's why simply having a reach value is not anough. Distance/positioning value would fix this up, but adds another layer of complexity. that said, instead of the bonuss/penalty being toHit, it would be to damage. But that wouldn't fix much.

PAssive attachedto weapons is a good system.
Cutting weapons get a change to cause BLEED (damage over time). Blunt weapon have a chance to DAZE (enemy debuff). Piercing weapons... hmmm..pushback? lodge? These are tricky.

Real life armor and damage mechanic is complex. Cutting is useless agasint meadium-heavy armor (so no bleed, but just some bruises), piercing might be good against up to medium, but against plate pretty much nothing is effective except for blunt (and even that is lessened). Of course, many real-life swords can cut, thrust and do blunt as they were versatile. Jack of all trades
kinda deal.

That's common sense but not easiest in RPGM VX Ace. I'm impressed by what has been done with this old engine. but nw.js games feature some fantastic graphical effects that make an RPGM-like game that feels like it's using 2.5D effects, making it feel more modern. This game is deeply into using VX Ace though, and honestly keeping standards humble and filling in the gaps in art is the most efficient way to release a solid game with decent art and a good set of gameplay with enough sex art to feel complete.
I'm aware. I made a game (well, 1 complete chapter at last) in RPGM VX Ace. Sometimes you have to use clever workarounds and it can be clucky.

poiman

Apr 10, 2017
Could we recive a bigger equip capacity? or at least bigger bags to carry on, i cant even use any charms cose all time i carry those bloody bags to increase carry :<

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes