• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DaveHoff

Aug 7, 2018
Im really starting to hate the storage cap, Itd be nice if you can store things in a city and all the shop/workshops in that city could pull from that storage

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Eropixel

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
I test it but it is working.
not for me it lets you select it but doesnt let you pay for the travel as for the bug just get 2 of the party members pregnant and put the rest in base then pass 35 days should crash did my self with an even older save to see if i was crazy

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
not for me it lets you select it but doesnt let you pay for the travel as for the bug just get 2 of the party members pregnant and put the rest in base then pass 35 days should crash did my self with an even older save to see if i was crazy
I keep trying to trigger the transport bug but it doesn't happen, I'm going to change that system anyway so maybe it will be solved.

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
I keep trying to trigger the transport bug but it doesn't happen, I'm going to change that system anyway so maybe it will be solved.
The save i gave several posts back should have the bug last I checked might be able to see it there when I get the chance I'll use the new patch it's on 5.10 currently

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
I half fixed it, it is caused due that the parents have a lot of
Fixed

Reactions: BabyDragonV2

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
i dont think this mini map is a good idea and the reason for that is it causes lag issues, now, its not the worst for me as my pc is pretty good in my opinion, but its acting like if i were to play on my phone the previous version a thought to fix it is remove the mini map entirely and keep the full map (keep it bound to a hot key) and it grows as you explore. because regardless of what kind of gamer you are we all hate lag.
I added the option to disable the map in the settings, I will change it in the next version

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
found crash all characters pregnant if you skipped too many days where they all go to the hospital and have no one left in the party game crashes fix could be have the same characters return automatically if you skipped enough days
eg: you skipped 30 View attachment 3614047 days that character had enough time to give birth and recover so automatically gets put back in the team
Fixed

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
v0.5.12
-Long loop caused during child birth due to their parents having too much genes.
*I will change the genes add system to prevent this in the next version.
-Added system setting to use or not the minimap, added this to partially fix the lag caused by it.
-Fixed automatic day pass when there's no playable characters.
-Fixed equippable weapons through mastery bug.
-Fixed "Invisibility Thights" frontal arms with fur graphics draw order.

youraccount69

Dec 30, 2020
DescendantsOfTheForest-0.5.12EX
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I found a crash applying a belly tattoo to a character transformed into a Motherslime. When cycling through colors to check them out, it seemed to crash at the "grey" color. Later I tested changing hair and got a crash as well. Crashing seems to happen randomly between changing aesthetic options and rotating your character view back to front a few times in a row.

Edit 1: An interesting bug I found later is that any character given a Wereslut potion at any point is unable to have claws as a Werewolf or Weretiger though they hold their hand in the same pose. Also, moustache #1 has some stray pixels floating off to the side of its sprite.

Edit 2: I found what can be considered a more major gameplay bug. Small tunnels are supposed to be able to be traversed by dwarf race characters, who are supposedly "small" enough (short) that they fit through the tunnel and form their own split-off team on the other side. However, when dwarves are transformed into beast hybrid races the game forgets to let some beast hybrids through the tunnel, yet still remembers their short line-of-sight on the field. The result is the game is saying the character is "too big" yet is somehow still too short to see far. Normal dwarves and slime-hybried dwarves work. but varous other hybrid beast dwarves are not able to fit into the tunnels they should, and they didn't get height boost to see farther either.

Suggested fix for Edit 2: either make it so the dwarves continue to fit into the holes as expected, or explain for sensible transformations that the dwarves grew in height and thus give them more sight after transforming. I highly recommend you just fix the tunnel condition, it's easier and requires no explaining.

Addition to Edit 2: There's a tunnel in the forest that can be approached from both sides by walking around it in the maze, but interacting with the top (upper, North) entry with an inappropriately tall character gets your whole team stuck in the space in front of that opening. Check that out.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Aug 7, 2022
The game crashes when selecting a character to be tattooed.

Script 'Checks' line 129: NoMethodError ocurred.

undenifed method`colors' for nil:NilClass

• Thinking Face

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
-Changed Latex from Suma to Muruti.

Who/where is Muruti?

Great game, by the way.
Muruti is the next town after Suma that you'll find at this current release.

1) Resta is your start.
2) Suma is the next town affiliated with Resta. It's the "midgame" town.
3) There's a literal ghost town in the dark forest. No NPCs yet the stores work. There's a Sex Workshop run by a succubus where you can craft particular sex items. I've not found all the recipes yet.

Eropixel, along with my recent feedback, I have a few more items to add:
1) Purple Herbs are disturbingly hard to find. This is true even relative to the Red Herbs that are further along in the game's progression.
2) The Workshop girl doesn't move to Suma when you save her but thankfully the Witch in the tent does. I'm not sure it's intentional that Suma has no workshop, Resta has an alchemy workshop, and Muruti has a sex workshop, but there it is. Save up gold to travel on the wagon.
3) How does the player remove the penis chastity cage if afflicted with it?

I also had an incident with rescuing a captured character from the bandits after they were kidnapped. Something felt wrong though, and I didn't manage to rescue the character despite what visual feedback I had telling me I did. I'll detail the incident below.
1) They got taken.
2) I go to the bandit stronghold.
3) Rescue message appears, the game recognizes what's happening.
4) I find the cage the person is in, the message says they were released.
5) I notice I do not visually see the rescued person following in my group. Maybe for the sake of accommodating more characters than the current group can manage to fit, okay.
6) I decide I can stop trying to be stealthy since I already released them. The guards likely found me or sunrise came, I don't remember which arrived first.
7) Get a message on screen that says "you all successfully escape", or something like that.
8) Check my group, the person I released is still not in my group.
9) Go back to Resta, they're not in the base, or hospital.
10) Save scum to the save before that incident because I lost a lot of time for less than nothing in return.

I recommend to check out the rescue mechanics again just in case. If it was a conscious choice to make the character stay imprisoned once the message appears they've been freed and the group is found, either make that not the case or make messages before and after the mission more explicit to let the player understand that if the group is found after they rescue the prisoner(s) that all of them are captured and shuffled again.

Oh, I just remembered this particular case happened when the initial leader of the group was abducted. I noticed the game has some special behavior around the initial leader, that they can't be left at base or dismissed. My belief on this is that the game doesn't have all the catch behavior on what to do if this character vanishes from the game. So the immortality gem in the chest at the start is a corollary of avoiding this kind of issue, correct? Is it okay to let the leader die / vanish or will bugs happen?

Additional Thoughts on the Game as it currently stands:
It is very nice due to focus on mechanics, exploration, and progression rather than the art. I can appreciate that the game has good bones to build on although various art assets are placeholders to be enhanced later.

Plenty of good custom programming went in for the unique character generation aspects, impressive considering this RPGMaker game is not using the latest RPGM engine. It looks like it's RPGM VX by the sprites used, but correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't check deeply.

However that also worries me a bit, with the new engine carrying greater support for advanced UI, the art aspects of the game could suffer for not going with the newer tech, typically MV, MZ, or nw.js, which technically isn't RPGM classically. It seems that nw.js is used for those bigger projects.

Overall, this game is solid. I can see it going just fine on its current route, replacing the placeholder stuff, and being great in its own right. So don't worry about replacing the engine if that wasn't your plan initially. You can consider that kind of work a "Remaster". The game feels solid on the current route though half-done it is.

Last edited:

Taerith

Oct 27, 2019

1) Resta is your start.
3) There's a literal ghost town in the dark forest. No NPCs yet the stores work. There's a Sex Workshop run by a succubus where you can craft particular sex items. I've not found all the recipes yet.

1) Purple Herbs are disturbingly hard to find. This is true even relative to the Red Herbs that are further along in the game's progression.
2) The Workshop girl doesn't move to Suma when you save her but thankfully the Witch in the tent does. I'm not sure it's intentional that Suma has no workshop, Resta has an alchemy workshop, and Muruti has a sex workshop, but there it is. Save up gold to travel on the wagon.

I also had an incident with rescuing a captured character from the bandits after they were kidnapped. Something felt wrong though, and I didn't manage to rescue the character despite what visual feedback I had telling me I did. I'll detail the incident below.
6) I decide I can stop trying to be stealthy since I already released them. The guards likely found me or sunrise came, I don't remember which arrived first.
-Yeah Suma lacking features is a bummer.

-Purple herbs I don't think I got more than 2-3 while red and blue I had over 15 of each

Now for the tips:
-Chastity is removed at the hospital costs 100g I think

-You've skipped over the tutorial text that says if you get detected before leaving the rescued allies will get taken and moved to different cell. So no stealth all the way - invisibility tights from demon city are your best friend just don't sprint near enemies or they will raise alarm

Reactions: Eropixel and JustAl

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022

1) Resta is your start.

1) They got taken.
2) I go to the bandit stronghold.
3) Rescue message appears, the game recognizes what's happening.
4) I find the cage the person is in, the message says they were released.
5) I notice I do not visually see the rescued person following in my group. Maybe for the sake of accommodating more characters than the current group can manage to fit, okay.
7) Get a message on screen that says "you all successfully escape", or something like that.
8) Check my group, the person I released is still not in my group.
9) Go back to Resta, they're not in the base, or hospital.
10) Save scum to the save before that incident because I lost a lot of time for less than nothing in return.

I recommend to check out the rescue mechanics again just in case. If it was a conscious choice to make the character stay imprisoned once the message appears they've been freed and the group is found, either make that not the case or make messages before and after the mission more explicit to let the player understand that if the group is found after they rescue the prisoner(s) that all of them are captured and shuffled again.

Oh, I just remembered this particular case happened when the initial leader of the group was abducted. I noticed the game has some special behavior around the initial leader, that they can't be left at base or dismissed. My belief on this is that the game doesn't have all the catch behavior on what to do if this character vanishes from the game. So the immortality gem in the chest at the start is a corollary of avoiding this kind of issue, correct? Is it okay to let the leader die / vanish or will bugs happen?

Additional Thoughts on the Game as it currently stands:
It is very nice due to focus on mechanics, exploration, and progression rather than the art. I can appreciate that the game has good bones to build on although various art assets are placeholders to be enhanced later.

Plenty of good custom programming went in for the unique character generation aspects, impressive considering this RPGMaker game is not using the latest RPGM engine. It looks like it's RPGM VX by the sprites used, but correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't check deeply.

However that also worries me a bit, with the new engine carrying greater support for advanced UI, the art aspects of the game could suffer for not going with the newer tech, typically MV, MZ, or nw.js, which technically isn't RPGM classically. It seems that nw.js is used for those bigger projects.

Overall, this game is solid. I can see it going just fine on its current route, replacing the placeholder stuff, and being great in its own right. So don't worry about replacing the engine if that wasn't your plan initially. You can consider that kind of work a "Remaster". The game feels solid on the current route though half-done it is.
*In Suma the Tailoring is unlocked after a Request.

JetGameZero

Jan 13, 2020
So I'm gonna ask is the visit function not implemented in the other cities yet except for Resta also can I get the npc I visit pregnant?

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes