Ren'Py - Demon Curse [v0.38 Public] [Scarypumpkin]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Mister Perfect Shadow

This game really is disappointing, the premise seemed good but the gameplay ruins it by being unecessary hard.

If I wanted to play something with an horrible stamina system I would have download any mobile game from the playstore.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

DNCH2019

The game and its premise is good, the art is pretty good except for mcs deformed penis.

The fact that any click costs you stamina and sleeping doesnt fully reset it sucks i mean how can riding a bus cost stamina your sitting. Also the fact that lust goes down is a huge setback to progress through levels and abilities. If the dev were to fix this i would give this game 3.5-4 stars but for now im giving it 2 stars.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

McFuckyy96

This game is both grindy and unrewarding, the gameplay loop is really tedious, it was not fun to play through this game and the gameplay is so needlessly complex. If you want a decent game simplify the timezones into 4 times, sunrise, morning, afternoon, night or ect. And the stats are so tedious and annoying to grind. Only way this will ever get a higher rating from me is if dev simplifies his gameplay loop a lot and makes it less annoying.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Sungame

I like the look of the characters but there is A lot of grinding for soulless scenes with unrealistic and very dumb dialogues. There is so many locations and its very easy to get lost. And it big for no reason, at least at this stage of the game
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Demiurge2238+78+

I've played now about 7 to 8 houers and unlocked everything that was written in "help" (icon in the left corner at the top).
    The Art is not bad, but the propostions are a bit messed up (not that I mind).
    There is a lot of grinding involed, could be addustet with a minigame or sorts so that you don't just begin to skip everything to achche a desierd ledw level.
    Also the sences need some variants, for example after you rape your sister she shouldn't be a virign the second time.
    Also you have practically nothing to to at weekends when the lewd level form your mother is low.

I will watch it since I like this kinds of games.
    Hope you make something out of it.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Thatguy

Based on version 0.21

Even with cheats the game is a slog to get through due to all the meaningless areas to get to the next zone and then the grind itself to get progress is a crap shoot with no real info on what to do or where to go other than a guide that pretty much says 90% of the time is there for you to skip through it cause it's pointless. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 cause theres potential but atm too much filler and bloat hiding the content in the attempt to appear to be a larger/longer game than it actually is. I initially attempted to just cheat the players stamina and lust but after the slow and unpredictable progress, I gave up and went to a online save editor.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 0.18 version
    PRO:
    - art
    - scene hints present ig
    NEUTRAL:
    - lack of content
    CONS:
    - game have "protection". i mean ugly "protection" like custom header("kgmr9736") in RPA file and modifid file "loader.py". minus 2 stars for that
    - ui looks like ****. dev, u better spend some time to improve it instead make ur pathetic "protection". look at any other game with good ui and just steal it, copy it or just hire coder for couple bucks... minus 1 star for that
    - game have "console" protection. normaly, its not such a problem, but player can visit "academy" in sat/sun("dayoftheweek" is 6 and 7) and in code check "dayoftheweek" only for value from 1 to 5, else ull goto label "turn_off" (console "protection"). "great" coding... minus 1 star for that
    - pathetic 12h format conversion... awww
    - coding level is terrible... dev plz hire a coder, cuz my eyes bleeding like waterfall

in current state game terrible. dev, plz hire a coder or learn how to code renpy.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

brata

basically for those wondering , the dev is actually trying to make us play through the game BUT he is doing it the wrong way (forcing it). The game has TOO MANY locations which is annoying and time consuming while also the sex scenes are "irregular" (spoilers ahead ) ie doing it with the milf out of the blue in the car as a quicky rather than a good long scene in the house.
    I don't mind all the characters being the same face , I don't mind the annoying subplot and the annoying constant and HUGE grind ... but I do mind the constant clicking to go through each day and then realizing I am there for no reason and then go miles back again.
    Overall..

The game is annoying as it is
    The dev isn't help as he should
    Tried it like...3x times (in various versions)
    I won't be coming back.

It's a shame really but .. my advice is to stay away
  9. 2.00 star(s)

mrttao

v0.16 Public
    You get a succubus and now you will die if you don't start fucking everything. A winning combination...
    The art is original too which I like very much, even if the art itself is not amazing the originality makes it better.
    Plus the girls have enormous asses! I like big butts and I cannot lie.

However the implementation is pretty terrible. Instead of time slots of monring, evening, and night... you have an exact 24 hour clock. There is no map, you navigate from place to place through a dozen clicks, with each click taking 5 in game minutes (except some taking longer). The world map vast and empty. It is simple eough that I was not getting lost (which occasionally is a problem in mapless games. but not here).

However searching all those empty rooms was tedious and annoying. We need a proper navigation that lets us instantly go to only the places which have something happening in them instead of this step by step travel. And the 24 hour clock should be scrapped for a less onerous system like a 3 or 4 timeslots per day system.

You die if your lust ever drops to zero. Annoying enough in of itself, but this is excerbated by 3 factors:
    1. bad UI making it easy to lose track of it
    2. no sources of lust in weekend until late game due to early dev status
    3. onerous anti-cheat which disables rollback after choices. You better have had a save from before you spent your lust on leveling up.

it is mitigated by the fact that despite the game saying you will die at 0 lust, it seems to not be fully implemented yet. as I managed to drop to -5 lust and survive.

The game itself is extremely grindy. As in "finger your teacher for +2 lust. now get her to 100 lust to fuck her" grindy.
    You can slightly mitigate it via leveling up (every levelup you can buy a special ability. such as +1 love on scenes with cum). But those also increase your daily expense which means more grinding to maintain it.
    Also the animations are for some reason lagging. My CPU and GPU are pretty beefy and are barely utilized but it still lags somehow.

I want to like it, and it has enormous potential, but it is currently not living up to that potential.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

rostabu

I want to like this game, it has a good premise (fairly standard as it is) the artwork is original but its UI gets in the way its difficult to find what you need to do and as such you end up wandering around doing nothing. I like the plotpoint of you helping the wimpy kid and his sister ends up liking you even if you were a bit of a shit at first.. the dev did put a lot of work into this its just a bit unclear and while the art is original it doesn't really grab me. but art is like that, what thrills one leaves another lukewarm. I unrenned it and it looks like there are a ton of events with a lot of npc's but getting there is the issue.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

leonel1993

In general, i really like the art and animations. The models are great, it can be troublesome about the stamina y lust cause they lost even if you dont use them, but that can be outcome if you search about it in the comments. Its great this kind of situation that takes place in a game about, you know ;)