Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
I just recently found this game and I must say I'm impressed. This is one of the best adult text adventures I've seen so far. I'm really impressed ony how many mechanics you fit already into the game and how much more you are planning on adding.
I really love the battle system. The amount of detail you put into it is massive, every single body part can be used independently and you can approach each fight differently with a wide selection of actions to choose from for each body part depending on the situation.
The writing is really good and complements both the fighting system and the general gameplay.
What currently is lacking in my opinion are the amounts of clothing you can choose from, you basically have 1-2 clothing pieces to choose from per situation (casual, swimming, school) and while you can mix and match how you want I really would like to see more options (which I'm sure will come).
I also would like to see other options to defend myself, something liek pepper spray that you can use a limited amount of times or maybe you can carry a bag and hit people with it until they take it from you.
I also think this game needs an umbrella (if there is any, please tell me where to get and use it). It is annoying that everytime it rains you get soaked and have nothing to prevent it.
I started to support your patreon because I believe this game is worth it. I hope you get even more Patreons to support this project further. Good luck with further development.
Thank you. That's very kind of you.

I want to overhaul the clothing system before adding more, as it will make things much easier. This overhaul will mark the transition from 0.1.x to 0.2.0. I agree the selection is very limited right now.

More ways to defend yourself are planned too. Limited use pepper spray or similar, and also a dojo where you can learn new tricks.

There's no umbrella I'm afraid. Perhaps there should be. Coats will hopefully be part of the aforementioned clothing overhaul.

Meowsers

May 18, 2018
I like it, but god damn things get repetitive after a while.

At this point, I no longer bother struggling against assailants unless it's in the city in the middle of the day as it's basically pointless no matter how much I train myself. It would be really cool if you could add a self defense class-sort of thing, kinda like the Dance Studio, but for beating the crap out of random perverts as opposed to having to sit and click through the whole sequence every time.

W65

May 31, 2018

At this point, I no longer bother struggling against assailants unless it's in the city in the middle of the day as it's basically pointless no matter how much I train myself. It would be really cool if you could add a self defense class-sort of thing, kinda like the Dance Studio, but for beating the crap out of random perverts as opposed to having to sit and click through the whole sequence every time.
It can take kind of a long time to resolve individual combat, yeah. Fighting off a bunch of tentacles can take a long time, too.

I haven't found that the encounter rate is too terribly bad, honestly. But this is coming from the guy playing EraMegaten, where you get in a fight every three steps.

Then again, I tend to only go out during the day and dressed, so maybe I just don't get in as many fights. I, uh, also don't play the game all that much.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I wish the coimbat actions were numbered too. Clicking on each one is the most tedious part.

Maybe if the actions were at the top of the screen and the combat text at the bottom it might be better. That way you wouldn't have to scroll each time to get to the actions.

Reactions: stepidbesterd

LTD

Jul 30, 2017
I figure your character avoids umbrellas because they know they'll be raped with it if they have it.
Isn't that one of those "more of a feature than a bug" sort of things? ;)

I'm really looking forward to that clothing overhaul. I'm such a sucker for dress up games in my games. Especially when the clothing actually matters mechanically.

Reactions: Largo

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018

That's the plan for the dojo. That said, I do want to make encounters more interesting in other ways.
I wish the coimbat actions were numbered too. Clicking on each one is the most tedious part.

Maybe if the actions were at the top of the screen and the combat text at the bottom it might be better. That way you wouldn't have to scroll each time to get to the actions.
I'll ask the guy who helped me with hotkeys if attaching them to radiobuttons is possible.
Isn't that one of those "more of a feature than a bug" sort of things? ;)

I'm really looking forward to that clothing overhaul. I'm such a sucker for dress up games in my games. Especially when the clothing actually matters mechanically.
I'm looking forward to the clothing overhaul too. Sometimes I feel like dropping everything else and just getting it done.

Ryan Waxx

Mar 5, 2018
Question: I've seen multiple enemies at once, and multiple enemies one at a time, but are there any encounters in the game where you have multiple enemies for multiple rounds?

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Question: I've seen multiple enemies at once, and multiple enemies one at a time, but are there any encounters in the game where you have multiple enemies for multiple rounds?
Not at the moment. I've been afraid of making encounters drag on too long. It'll be more plausible in the future.

Really cool game. If you don't mind me asking, what tools did you use to make the sprites/gifs and animations?
Thanks.

I use Piskel to make the sprites. Originally I made gifs, but I've since moved to png spritesheets which are animated by CSS.

Jaster42

Feb 14, 2018
Not at the moment. I've been afraid of making encounters drag on too long. It'll be more plausible in the future.
I think this is a thing you should keep a mind towards, even as is, some of the fights can drag on (particularly when it's clear you're not comming out ahead). I'm not necessarily saying they need to be dramatically cut down or anything (nor that a multi-NPC fight here or there is bad), but as you noted, it is a fear you should respect and pay mind to in design.

RenStimpy

Oct 31, 2017
I think this is a thing you should keep a mind towards, even as is, some of the fights can drag on (particularly when it's clear you're not comming out ahead). I'm not necessarily saying they need to be dramatically cut down or anything (nor that a multi-NPC fight here or there is bad), but as you noted, it is a fear you should respect and pay mind to in design.
I have always thought it might be nice to have a Give Up / "Lie back and think of England" option for the longer encounters. Sometimes, you feel like going through 10 screens of trauma, sometimes, you just want to get to the end.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, when you're getting beat and go catatonic 3 turns into the fight it turns into a drag pretty quickly.

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Fights can indeed drag on too much as it is. Others finish too quickly. The balance is off.

The idea of adding an autoresolve feature is growing on me. There'll be a lot to take into account though. Basic stuff like stat changes, but also clothes, virginities and just working out how to reflect what would have occurred had you fought it out. With at least some accuracy.

dropbear1234

Sep 8, 2017
Fights can indeed drag on too much as it is. Others finish too quickly. The balance is off.

The idea of adding an autoresolve feature is growing on me. There'll be a lot to take into account though. Basic stuff like stat changes, but also clothes, virginities and just working out how to reflect what would have occurred had you fought it out. With at least some accuracy.
Just an idea, but couldn't you simply let it play out just wihtout rendering it ? The calculations don't seem to involved, it probably wouldn't take a whole lot of processing power and thus time. The only thing that slows these fights down is the user input and the scrolling in larger fights. If you were to give the player an option to specify what actions to take before an autoresolve (be submissive, fight back, be passive...) button is clicked and then auto choose the apropriate action for the player, the stat changes would be more or less what is expected. Not sure if this is viable, again it was just an idea that popped in my head.

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
Just an idea, but couldn't you simply let it play out just wihtout rendering it ? The calculations don't seem to involved, it probably wouldn't take a whole lot of processing power and thus time. The only thing that slows these fights down is the user input and the scrolling in larger fights. If you were to give the player an option to specify what actions to take before an autoresolve (be submissive, fight back, be passive...) button is clicked and then auto choose the apropriate action for the player, the stat changes would be more or less what is expected. Not sure if this is viable, again it was just an idea that popped in my head.
The scrolling is a problem, but I will say certain F/F encounters atm are REALLY long (especially tribbing). Since there hasn't been sprite animations added to most F/F encounters you're basically just looking at a naked sprite where you're spamming next almost 20+ times to get past the encounter (combat selection doesn't seem to matter or make it go faster).

Luckily there are hotkeys now so I just spam 1 until it moves on, but you combine that into the scrolling if you are just a click "next" kind of player (clicker) that is where I think you will find the longest encounters that tend to drag and since there isn't any content/animated sprites added for those portions yet it seems like a pretty gaping hole. :unsure:

dropbear1234

Sep 8, 2017
The scrolling is a problem, but I will say certain F/F encounters atm are REALLY long (especially tribbing). Since there hasn't been sprite animations added to most F/F encounters you're basically just looking at a naked sprite where you're spamming next almost 20+ times to get past the encounter (combat selection doesn't seem to matter or make it go faster).

Luckily there are hotkeys now so I just spam 1 until it moves on, but you combine that into the scrolling if you are just a click "next" kind of player (clicker) that is where I think you will find the longest encounters that tend to drag and since there isn't any content/animated sprites added for those portions yet it seems like a pretty gaping hole. :unsure:
You may be right that F/F fights take longer. I never see them since I turned the nr. of people that are attracted to you slider to 100% male. However, without having looked at the code I can't imagine there is anything in those actions that would take more than a couple of ns. The biggest drag on performance will be the rendering/constructing the page. If you remove that entirely, even a 20+ turn fight should be over in less than a second. At least I would hope so :)

Reactions: Largo

Rasmussen

Sep 19, 2018
You may be right that F/F fights take longer. I never see them since I turned the nr. of people that are attracted to you slider to 100% male. However, without having looked at the code I can't imagine there is anything in those actions that would take more than a couple of ns. The biggest drag on performance will be the rendering/constructing the page. If you remove that entirely, even a 20+ turn fight should be over in less than a second. At least I would hope so :)
I should probably turn them off as well because there isn't much to them right now, but I like the idea of female encounters and I'm hoping the dev adds more to them soon. :sneaky:

Jaster42

Feb 14, 2018
I have always thought it might be nice to have a Give Up / "Lie back and think of England" option for the longer encounters. Sometimes, you feel like going through 10 screens of trauma, sometimes, you just want to get to the end.
For what it's worth, I'd rather not see an auto-resolve myself, just feels off. Hitting the right balance of length / difficulty is obviously the best route, but easier said then done of course. Setting it so a particular key imput (or space on the normal entry area to click on) that would be a 'no action' imput that moves to the next screen, BUT the final combat screen which would end it, you remove / lock that imput, allowing the user to spam and skip past, but the lock / forced imput at the end prevents them from clicking through a final resolution.

One of the other ways is to simply increase the number of different actions an NPC can take, even if -purely- descriptive and not functionally different, it helps break up the samyness.

Even as the game stands, I think I'd rather simply have more content than greater polish, but I guess I may be more forgiving of those parts than others.

ViscountViscous

Feb 24, 2019
Hey, sorry if this has already been answered, but where are the slimes, and do they do anything special? I think I remember encountering them once in the sewer, but I was too hurt do do anything, and I haven't been able to encounter them since.

4.50 star(s) 164 Votes