VN Unity Deeper Space [Development Thread]

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
ForumThreadTop.gif

Hi fellow travelers! I'd like to show you a glimpse on the project I was working for some time. A project that is mostly finished as a tech demo with a part of prologue to a game I'm creating. It's a VN like most of games here, but I'd like to create something Renpy alike with some fresh mechanics and ideas.

Overview:
We are playing as an ex-military guy, who is nowadays a bounty hunter, but one day his friend from the past left with a gig that he started. We get for our disposal brand new ship and we have to travel through galaxy having many challenges and adventures to reach our protagonist goals. As you might guess alongside MC will have few companions that will help him in journey.

promo-girls-2.png

Story:
I plan to create non-linear story, where player can jump to multiple solar systems. Each of those will have single or multiple missions that player can launch. Some of the missions will have initial requirements like proper character stats, finished other quest and so on. Not every episode will push main plot forward - I'm planning to add some side missions that can develop more some aspects of the game. I'll try to focus on both - story and character interactions, hopefully with a little bit of humor.

Mechanics:
Ship will be available to roam between missions, but those will be mostly linear possibly with some minor or major decisions to make. It's also possible that some characters can be gained or lost (for some time =)). Game will also feature some minigames. One of those will be presented in upcoming demo, but those will be avoidable.

Kinks:
I'm trying to reach broad audiences, so there won't be much kinks in main plot, but in side missions... well - there will be a wild ride in some of those.

Updates:
I have a full-time job and growing family =) so unfortunately I won't be able to provide strict roadmap. I plan to release the demo later this month - most of it is already done, I'm finishing final scenes and polishing sfx mostly. I'm also looking for a 3d artist for a share in project. As you can see I can create some art for a game, but those take most of my time and I'd really like to focus on those parts that I'm strong at - programming stuff =p

I also plan to put more frequent updates about a game on my . For now I'd like to present to you first with some example renders:

streets-01-from_bar-0.png.denoised.jpg walk_out_01.png.denoised.jpg attack_enemy_05.png.denoised.jpg SIS-02.jpg sex1.png.denoised.jpg docks-01.jpg talk_mc.png.denoised.jpg