Tool RPGM Decompressor Script For SRD_DataCompressor.js

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
@Maim Lain, It seems I missed a few spaces on two lines, here's the fixed version.
@the66, I can't find a tool that converts \x0D to \r directly so I'm guessing it'll be a combination + it's much faster to do it by hand for so smaller a sample.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@the66 @gue5t
I found out that the character codes are actually all JavaScript escape character codes, but I can't find anything that will convert the text perfectly because when I try mass unescaping the text the game won't run. I'm pretty sure since there is so much text, there's probably a couple things in there that aren't actually meant to be JS escape characters but the websites are trying to unescape them anyways.

Things I've tried:
1. JavaScript unescape() function and decodeURI() functions - these just won't work for some reason
3. -> Search 'Unescape string'

But the good news is that I don't think the game actually needs the characters unescaped at all. I tried just using the fixed output I mentioned earlier: and changed SRD_DataCompressor to false and the game will run. I haven't played more than a couple minutes but everything seems fine.

Reactions: gue5t

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry for hijacking your thread again. I just wanted to put this here for reference and just in case gue5t or anyone else wanted this info.

I think if you're just running RPGM games, special characters don't need to be converted. But if you try to open the game in the RPGM engine then they 100% have to be converted or you can't open the game project.

Here's how to convert SoL's plugins.js easily:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@gue5t

Reactions: gue5t

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Sorry for hijacking your thread again. I just wanted to put this here for reference and just in case gue5t or anyone else wanted this info.

I think if you're just running RPGM games, special characters don't need to be converted. But if you try to open the game in the RPGM engine then they 100% have to be converted or you can't open the game project.

Here's how to convert SoL's plugins.js easily:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@gue5t
if you don't start hijacking me, we're golden :FuckYea:

Reactions: gue5t and Maid Lain