VN Ren'Py Completed Path of the Dead [Floser]

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Path of the Dead.jpg
Overview:

A mysterious individual linked the fate of two people, and tied to his. Find out the truth of the individual, and its history.​

Developer/Publisher: Floser
Censorship: None
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Information:

Download:
- - - -

148895_1.png 148896_begin1.png 148897_5.png 148898_lib_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lestra

Oct 17, 2016
Second place in the "Competition Visual Novels 2016" forum Albedo

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
erm, even the english download has Russian word when it comes to making chioices

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I made a better translation (imo) for the first few lines but than i got bored.

"Hundreds of years ago, vampires nigh on ruled the world. Ordinary humans could not oppose us. We were a nightmare, their worst fear. We killed them by the thousands. Why? Food. Sometimes just for fun. We are not a myth or a tall tale, we are here."

"But then, she appeared. The Woman. Nobody knew her name. There were certain rumors that vampiric blood flowed in her veins. But it was just that, rumors. This woman built an army. The army known has the Vampire Hunters."

"They hunted us, day and night. My brothers and sisters were butchered in mass. The balance had shifted. Hunters had learned how to fight us. They were not subdued by our hypnosis, their blood like poison, and their ability to fight... We had lost. Nobody knows how it happened, but it happened. We and our leaders fell in despair. A difficult choice had to be made. Send the rest of the blood suckers to their death, or try to make peace with the humans and keep our kind alive? We chose the latter."

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
lol none of the choices are translated so you either click the button that says
DGFUQGDFIYG
or the button that says
IUHGSHHGIS

then try to understand what you actually chose from the bad translation that follows. :D

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Second place in the "Competition Visual Novels 2016" forum Albedo
I am wondering what is the first game about. "Manuscript: The other way" anyone has a link to find it (the english version)

oh found it:

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
DGFUQGDFIYG
or the button that says
IUHGSHHGIS

then try to understand what you actually chose from the bad translation that follows. :D
I found an easy way to figure out what the decisions mean.
navigate to this location
~\Path_of_the_Dead-all\Path_of_the_Dead-all\game\scripts
then open this file "script.rpy" where you can find all the dialogs and the decisions. apparently most of the decisions in the script are in english.

Reactions: 95toLife

Freakzor

Aug 23, 2016
DGFUQGDFIYG
or the button that says
IUHGSHHGIS

I don't see any problems here. Do you not know what DGFUQGDFIYG means? It clearly refers to the fact that one needs to HDDKALALSJ in order to SAJJSBIIA in the game. Duh :FeelsGoodMan:

Mukallif

Aug 5, 2016
I don't see any problems here. Do you not know what DGFUQGDFIYG means? It clearly refers to the fact that one needs to HDDKALALSJ in order to SAJJSBIIA in the game. Duh :FeelsGoodMan:
Please any idea what DGFUQGFIYG and IUHGSHHGIS mean?

95toLife

Nov 30, 2016
I found an easy way to figure out what the decisions mean.
navigate to this location
~\Path_of_the_Dead-all\Path_of_the_Dead-all\game\scripts
then open this file "script.rpy" where you can find all the dialogs and the decisions. apparently most of the decisions in the script are in english.
"Richard, this is... a gift. I should invite her to stay. It is, of course I don`t expect to agree. But still... Damn... Although, Richard, you are such an ass and not flat."
$ result = renpy.imagemap("images/changes/v_2na.png", "images/changes/v_2a.png", [(552, 893, 933, 967, "priglos"), (998, 888, 1370, 960, "no_priglos")], focus="imagemap")
if result == "priglos":
$ suzen_friend += 1
jump priglos
if result == "no_priglos":
jump no_priglos"
Apparently my English is a little rusty...what is priglos??
Although my favorite line might have to be:"What to do? I`m not a whore, but so want for a conference. Suddenly, it affects my future? Well, the pig rector." Authentic frontier gibberish...love it.

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
Although my favorite line might have to be: "What to do? I`m not a whore, but so want for a conference. Suddenly, it affects my future? Well, the pig rector." Authentic frontier gibberish...love it.
AHAHAHA this is legendary :D

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
"Richard, this is... a gift. I should invite her to stay. It is, of course I don`t expect to agree. But still... Damn... Although, Richard, you are such an ass and not flat."
$ result = renpy.imagemap("images/changes/v_2na.png", "images/changes/v_2a.png", [(552, 893, 933, 967, "priglos"), (998, 888, 1370, 960, "no_priglos")], focus="imagemap")
if result == "priglos":
$ suzen_friend += 1
jump priglos
if result == "no_priglos":
jump no_priglos"
Apparently my English is a little rusty...what is priglos??
Although my favorite line might have to be:"What to do? I`m not a whore, but so want for a conference. Suddenly, it affects my future? Well, the pig rector." Authentic frontier gibberish...love it.
I was actually taking this game apart earlier and seeing if I could hammer away at the original russian version. I've already got most of the text translated except for the scripts file.
I think priglos = pringles?? No pringles for you~ :p
Oh if anyone wants to to test the few files I've done, let me know. They are options.rpy and screens.rpy files.

95toLife

Nov 30, 2016
I was actually taking this game apart earlier and seeing if I could hammer away at the original russian version. I've already got most of the text translated except for the scripts file.
I think priglos = pringles?? No pringles for you~ :p
Oh if anyone wants to to test the few files I've done, let me know. They are options.rpy and screens.rpy files.
Can we just swap yours with the ones currently in the game folder? My knowledge of the inner workings of ren'py games is limited to just trying to tweak stuff, but if I can help test or anything, would be glad to do so.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Can we just swap yours with the ones currently in the game folder? My knowledge of the inner workings of ren'py games is limited to just trying to tweak stuff, but if I can help test or anything, would be glad to do so.
Use RPA extractor to extract the archive.rpa file in the /games folder.
Back up, save, and move the archive.rpa file. Put all the extracted contents in the /games folder where the archive.rpa used to be. In the /scripts folder, you'll see options.rpy, screens.rpy, image.rpy, and script.rpy.
screens.rpy is what does the menu, preferences, and interface.
script.rpy is the words on the screen, dialogs, choices, etc.
image.rpy - leave it alone. It's what calls the images the other documents call for.
options.rpy - play with at your risk. it sets the options for the game like fullscreen, dev console, etc.

I've translated the screens.rpy so far and haven't gotten much done with the script.rpy.

Reactions: jabooty

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Guess I'll see when/if a more correct translation is available, given setting of the game, could be interesting.

Looking forward your progress muttodoggy..

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Jeez ... no one know Russian ? extract the pic ? how to the edit picture ? retract back ?
I lost hope to humanity ! :OhMyGoodness:

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Jeez ... no one know Russian ? extract the pic ? how to the edit picture ? retract back ?
I lost hope to humanity ! :OhMyGoodness:
You really don't need to Benn, the game is short and the choices are pretty pointless, you can quicksave before picking the option and seeing the dialogue, it becomes pretty obvious what you choose.

Reactions: Benn Swagger