Daz3d Shadow Models

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Thx all for the suggestions and answers.

It seems I'll stick to rendering 100 full pictures since this seems to be a pain in the ass to do.
I'll probably spend more time editing rendered pictures than waiting for DS to render pictures.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I've been messing today with different clothes and it's turning out to be a nightmare :)

My goal was to find a pose for the girl and then put different clothes on and render but every single clothes I put needed extra adjustments. Most even require to me her hands, legs and other body parts just to make it fit.

Is there any easy way to adjust clothes? Some clothes don't even come with options to adjust. I imagine I would need a template and adjust to clothes manually inside photoshop to fit?

Also, on the red dress, the area around breasts has some pretty sharp edges. Is there any way to soften them up and make them a bit more roundish?

Also, is it normal for these simple pictures to need 2.5h to finish? I must really have some shit PC for this...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Render times are a constant concern for people. Resolution, light, video card, render type, processor, memory etc all play into it. The more realism you want in the endresult the longer a render simply takes.

As of the problem with the poses: Try to find a pose where the arms and hands dont interfere with the area of the clothes and stick to that pose. As i suggested: Dont render the figure after you have your first figure render and only render the clothes on the body (eye closed for the figure itself in the node list)

Adjusting clothes: Most cheap clothing doesnt come with Morph (adjustment sliders in sculpting). That means the only way to adjust them is with push modifiers , smoothing modifiers or fiddling with the mesh itself. Generally you would use the 'fit to' option and fit them to your figure if that isnt your default setting.

The sharp edges are probably caused by a bad texture as far as i can see.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
It doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

When you hide the body and render the picture, it renders also the parts of clothes that aren't supposed to be visible because of the body. You would need to edit the picture with clothes and remove any part that shouldn't be visible before you can combine the two pictures.

Generally, if you use G8F model, will G3F stuff work or it won't?
I've read that if you find anything for G2F, it will work for G3F.
I assume this also applies to G8F.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Maybe i am slow today so i better double check:

Your render is done from a fixed view - usually a camera. So even if the render calculates the backside of the cloth they are not visible in the end-render. What you end up with is a 2d representation of a 3d model of the clothes and only what the camera can see will be shown. I dont really understand that backside problem?

P.S: Wait - i think i got it now. Never mind.

Then the only option is to make that body a full white or black thingy and cut it out in your graphics programme

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Forgot about the G8 question. As far as i recall it comes with a clone system to make it backwards compatible. I dont own any G8 stuff (yet) so take that with a salt of grain