[Daz3D] Rendering

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I am going to hijack this thread as it is really good! But I do need some additional advice. After reading this thread, I tried to setup my DAZ accordingly but as you can see by the attachment of my very first render, that the resolution is not where I want it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here is some background. I am a graphic designer so my rig is not amazing but it doesn't suck either. I am also an expert at Photoshop but I have not touched it. To me, I still need better resolution to do that.
  • Intel Core i5 3ghz
  • 8 GB Ram
  • NVIDIA GeForce 1060 6GB
  • Windows 10
I have also attached a couple GPU-Z screen shots while rendering.

My figure is Gem3 and I think I am using all Iray materials, but not sure. Here are my render settings.
  • Pixel Size 1200 x 1200
  • Pixel Filter Mitchell
  • Noise Degrain Filtering 4
  • Noise Degrain Radius 3
Everything else I think I have left default.

For Lighting I am using the iRay Lights under smart content but I did just download the iRay Light Manager Pro but have not rendered with it.

When I look at the image, it seems kind of dark. She is sitting under an umbrella, but the entire image seems too dark. I assume this is a lighting issue, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I am going to hijack this thread as it is really good! But I do need some additional advice. After reading this thread, I tried to setup my DAZ accordingly but as you can see by the attachment of my very first render, that the resolution is not where I want it.

Here is some background. I am a graphic designer so my rig is not amazing but it doesn't suck either.
  • Intel Core i5 3ghz
  • 8 GB Ram
  • Windows 10

My figure is Gem3 and I think I am using all Iray materials, but not sure. Here are my render settings.
  • Pixel Size 1200 x 1200
  • Pixel Filter Mitchell
  • Noise Degrain Radius 3

For Lighting I am using the iRay Lights under smart content but I did just download the iRay Light Manager Pro but have not rendered with it.

When I look at the image, it seems kind of dark. She is sitting under an umbrella, but the entire images seems too dark. I assume this is a lighting issue, but I am not sure.

The render seems fine.
And you already figured out the issue yourself.
The light setup.
There are tons of way of doing it. Example; Three-point lighting (real-life technique used by models). Create three spotlights and position them correctly. play around with the light settings.
Or simply download ready-made light setups. Or a completely different method. I recommend viewing some tutorials on it as a scene can look mundane/bad to great/spectacular with the correct light setup.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017

Here is some background. I am a graphic designer so my rig is not amazing but it doesn't suck either. I am also an expert at Photoshop but I have not touched it. To me, I still need better resolution to do that.
  • Intel Core i5 3ghz
  • 8 GB Ram
  • Windows 10

• Pixel Size 1200 x 1200
  • Pixel Filter Mitchell
  • Noise Degrain Radius 3

When I look at the image, it seems kind of dark. She is sitting under an umbrella, but the entire image seems too dark. I assume this is a lighting issue, but I am not sure.

The image is beautiful, good work.

If what you need is to make the image in general have more light, you can change the ISO parameter in "Tone Mapping" within "Render Settings"; by default it is 100, just changing it to 200 or 400 will capture more light with the camera (there are also other parameters that may interest you, such as "Exposure Value", "Shutter Speed" or "F/Stop").
Maybe changing the ISO parameter will make the whole image brighter and you only want to do it with the foreground (the girl in the deckchair) but not noticeable in the background, and you can do that if you go to "Environment" in "Render Settings" and change the value "Environment Intensity".

With this you can do some tests, but I also recommend you to put some spotlight a part of the light of the background (Dome), so you can cause more marked shadows in the model and maybe it will be better.
I recommend you to take a look at this light pack, I personally love it and it's very easy to use (if you try and have any doubt, let me know):

Reactions: SteelyDan14

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm starting to learn how to use Daz3D and i noticed that all the pin ups from this forum have a perfect quality. I know you have to edit the rendered picture afterwards, but here is my problem:

When i render a picture with Daz3D, latest version, the result is filled with pixels and bad quality..i use
Max Samples (15000) ,
Rendering Quality (5.0),
Rendering Converged Ratio (98.0%).
Besides, all default.
My graphic card has 4GB , and it's also NVIDIA. I have 8GB RAM, and i7.
Here is an example of that photo:
View attachment 225942

Want to do good render in short time?

1/ forgot on changing settings like renders quality or others, Just left them default.
2/ Lighting, is most important part, Enviroment lighting, Dome and than other lights. For start is good to use SS sunlight in exterior to see how good and fast it can run. Learn about that lights and make some test to see how it works.
2b/ Camera lights use them visely. It can make your render looks better and render times shorter.
3/ Learn to use camera effects like DoF or Bloom. Your render will looks more natural and will be faster too.
4/ Postprocessing. What you cannot do in Daz you can doafter Daz.

5/ Still learn new things and never stand on same ground.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for the tips! I have watched several tutorials and think I am on the right track...

I am rendering a couple of images now and will post for feedback.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Okay... here is a re=render of the first one I posted and then I included some others that I worked on today.

I know I still have a lot to learn as I know the lighting is a bit off in some places, but I am getting the hang of it and am generally pleased with how they came out.

Thanks again for everyone's help! I really appreciate it!