Daz3D: Heterochromia.

Aemilia

Jul 21, 2017
Hi all,

First post, long time watcher, I adore this site and plan to finally start giving back to it if I can with some content of my own.

I noticed their is some Heterochromia eyes to get a hold of yet I've not seen a single game use it yet, wondering if I am the only one who finds such a mutation to be beautiful?

Curious to know what other people think of this condition :D

I plan on doing a bunch of art while I am dabbling in Daz which has Heterochromia in any case which leads onto a small technical request part of my post below, so please feel free to ignore the rest of this post and offer your views on Heterochromia in reply instead :D.

-

The eyes I have found are quite beautiful but they always come in one way or the other. such as left being green and right being blue etc. I was wondering is their a way to reverse this at all?

I thought the layered image editor might work and using the flip button but it doesn't seem to. Do I have any options regarding this?
Someone who has more experience with Daz or has a suggestion to test would be most welcome.

Kytty

Oct 8, 2017
Personally like heterochromia myself, it’s got this nice uniqueness to it. Ive never worked with the program your describing but if your working with a base model you’re going to run into issues. You might need to make both eyes separate entities or create a custom head model to allow different colored eyes.
Just the two cents of someone that doesn’t animate or 3D render. XD

Reactions: Aemilia

Aemilia

Jul 21, 2017
Thank you for the reply Kytty.

I agree, it is rather unique, its the same for any creature with it too, have you seen some cats with it? so pretty!

On the lines of what you suggested, I did try taking the eyes texture and reworking it but it still didn't work sadly. As for making them both different entities, I am not sure if that works or not in Daz3D, applying one to one eye and the other to another eye. Might give that a go!

Kytty

Oct 8, 2017
If you want any games that let you make heterochromatic characters, I know Bloodborne and Black Desert Online both let you do it. I’m not sure about Dark Souls, but I’d assume since Bloodborne let’s you do it they’d let you do it too.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
There is a way to do it in Daz3d. I can give it a test later tonight, but it is definitely possible.

The only problem I can see is the eyes might look flat and unrealistic. I have preferred textures I use in my game because they look the best in my opinion. I will post a result here and you tell me what you think. I'm adding a new character to my game who needs to stand out, maybe this could do it!

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Just something to be aware of, this is a really played out trope that's been used a lot, especially by newbies and fan fic writers creating Mary Sues. Not saying not to do it, but if you're only doing it because you think it will make your character "unique," it really won't. Even when using it as a legit plot device, there are only so many ways you can go about it, and you can be sure dozens of others have really worn down those paths before you. I'd suggest if you are going to use it, either leave it as something totally unimportant to the story that may not even get commented on or have a valid reason to make it important that isn't just other characters gushing over how beautiful/unique their eyes are, heh.

As a bit of an aside, I think I might possibly have central heterochromia in my eyes. Both eyes look basically the same, but the inner and outer colors are different. Basically my eyes are sort of a mix of gray and yellow that give them something of a pale yellowish green color for the most part, but all around the pupil in the center they are a light rusty brown. Overall they have a sorta hazel appearance and that's generally the color I go with when I have to give my eye color. Not sure if it counts as true central heterochromia though, never bothered to ask a doctor during any of the very few times I've been in for a checkup.

Aemilia

Jul 21, 2017
There is a way to do it in Daz3d. I can give it a test later tonight, but it is definitely possible.

The only problem I can see is the eyes might look flat and unrealistic. I have preferred textures I use in my game because they look the best in my opinion. I will post a result here and you tell me what you think. I'm adding a new character to my game who needs to stand out, maybe this could do it!
That's exactly why I was looking into it, was going to have it apart of one of my characters xD. By all means, please let me know the results and how you go about it if you can.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
That's exactly why I was looking into it, was going to have it apart of one of my characters XD. By all means, please let me know the results and how you go about it if you can.

The above package has the option for it. Making them look good is another thing.

Aemilia

Jul 21, 2017

The above package has the option for it. Making them look good is another thing.
Yeah I have found some, just they always come in set patterns. like green left, blue right. but never options to reverse it :(

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
only thing I can suggest is finding two colors you like and doing some photoshopping. I took two eye types from the same character build so they would mesh properly.
IsaeEyes06.jpg IsaeEyes05.jpg
I then cut the red half and pasted to the green half
IsaeEyes010.jpg
then I used the browse for Iris and inserted my custom eyes heto.jpg