VN Daz3d artist required

BannedAccount6543

Sep 15, 2016
Daz3D artist needed for new RenPy VN.
Hi. After mulling over it awhile, I started learning RenPy and Daz3d to build a VN. The story is of an 18 year old homeless boy who lives in a shack by the beach and who befriends a 30 something couple who live in a beach house nearby. The husband is a pilot and is often not at home. After saving the wife from an assault they offer him a place to stay and earn his keep by working around the house. Will he corrupt the wife and her friends? Make her fall in love with him? Or use her like a predator? All assets for the VN can be found here on F95. I am unfortunately not enjoying the rendering experience, my rig is s**t.. I do enjoy RenPy and writing dialogues and storylines. I started the TAC FanArt thread if you want to look it up.
If you like the story and are efficient at producing good to excellent renders on Daz3d please get in touch via PM with some samples. I'll need about 150-200 renders per update. The first couple of episodes will be free and then we'll see if we can turn it into cash. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: slider

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I have some experience with Daz (I don't know that I'd say I'm "efficient"), but I don't have much in the way of Content Library. You mention the rendering experience in the present tense; does that mean you've already started making renders for the game? If so, that would presumably mean that you already have characters designed, which means someone else continuing the renders would need to use your account so that they could have access to the same assets, correct?

If I have a more full-bodied Content Library to work with, I think I could make something happen. I have a decent rig (6 cores, 16GB of RAM, SSD) and a lot of spare time. I don't really have many samples, because again, I don't have much in my own Content Library to work with (I can show you a couple renders I made just using the default or free stuff, to prove I'm not a total noob), but I would hazard a guess that if you're not offering any money up front (or any time soon), you're not gonna find a ton of highly-experienced artists interested in giving away their time and effort.

(I'm also an avid player of games like this, so I can essentially be your first playtester as well as your artist.)

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
I have some experience with Daz (I don't know that I'd say I'm "efficient"), but I don't have much in the way of Content Library. You mention the rendering experience in the present tense; does that mean you've already started making renders for the game? If so, that would presumably mean that you already have characters designed, which means someone else continuing the renders would need to use your account so that they could have access to the same assets, correct?

If I have a more full-bodied Content Library to work with, I think I could make something happen. I have a decent rig (6 cores, 16GB of RAM, SSD) and a lot of spare time. I don't really have many samples, because again, I don't have much in my own Content Library to work with (I can show you a couple renders I made just using the default or free stuff, to prove I'm not a total noob), but I would hazard a guess that if you're not offering any money up front (or any time soon), you're not gonna find a ton of highly-experienced artists interested in giving away their time and effort.

(I'm also an avid player of games like this, so I can essentially be your first playtester as well as your artist.)
He doesn't necessarily have to send you his log in details etc. He could also ZIP up the assets he used for the models and send them you along with the .DUFs. Then you simply unpack them into your library.

Reactions: rb813

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
that if you have a Titan RTX and only 4-8 ram and very old hdd

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
about daz3d artist. I'm looking for someone with a good story for my next game. pm me we can discuss

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I have a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, which Eurogamer.net just called "the fastest budget gaming GPU." It doesn't render instantly, but it doesn't take hours either.

Reactions: mickydoo

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
asus rog gtx 1070 32 ram. 3k iterations about 1h FHD. FG Modern Casa ( ). 3k iterations renders about 4-6 hour.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
PM woodpolish with some samples of your work. I've already told him if he can find a more experienced artist, I won't take it personally.

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
PM woodpolish with some samples of your work. I've already told him if he can find a more experienced artist, I won't take it personally.
renders from my game

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
I'm not looking for a writer for now. I'm looking for a writer for my next game. experienced writer with a decent story

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
can you pm me? I'm not going to compete with you. I'm just interested

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Out of curiosity, why are you interested in me? There are tons of Daz artists out there.

MaksB

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Out of curiosity, why are you interested in me? There are tons of Daz artists out there.
I am not interested in you.
I share my renders and I just wanted to see yours. if you do not mind.
as i said
I'm not going to compete with you. I'm just interested