3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
No, no - the point of my question is 2000x2828. Why are such large numbers / dimensions needed? Why not 1000x1424 or 800x1140?
I made a big picture, then to reduce it to validate as described above(of course it was stupid):closedeyesmile:
...and by the way people have different monitors(for some of them it's a small picture)

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
No, no - the point of my question is 2000x2828. Why are such large numbers / dimensions needed? Why not 1000x1424 or 800x1140?
So you can downsize to a reasonable size, if you start low, then either the resulting image is tiny or you can't downsize much. Here's my post a bit ago with two images, they are both the same size(now) but one took only 1/4 the time to render:

One of these was rendered directly to 1280x720 with 5k samples. The other rendered to 2560x1440 with 500 samples and 1/4 the render time, then scaled down via GIMP cubic scaling. Is it real obvious which is which? And if so, is the quality still good enough to trade off for only spending 1/4 of the time rendering?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On another note, just finished this one up, it was kind of fun. More experimenting with low-light, this time with a significant amount of depth and different models.

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
That's pretty decent looking atm for a `toon` setting :D
though looks like her hair didn't want to be `tooned` XD
Yeahh I tried both the mdl and rsl to messing with diffusions to see if it would help at all but it really didn't change much... Still don't totally hate it

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Resized the spotlights on the model and added a plane with an emissive shader on it to light the room. Thanks MagicWaffle for the advice. With just resizing the spotlights that was enough to get rid of the extra shadows, the plane light (placed in position of the removed ceiling) is lighting the room.
Scarlett Light.png

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi guys.
It's time to get some feedback. So hopefully you'll tell me what you think.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Hi guys.
It's time to get some feedback. So hopefully you'll tell me what you think.
Oh boy, feedback!
Picture 1: Bit dark, even for a night scene. Maybe a real subtle light to bring out some details. Use the movie trick of using blue tinted light?
P2: Ironically, this may be too bright? I mean that is one bright ass TV if that's all there is. Again, I like a slight tint for TV light. I actually have an example from a project I'm working on and in this one they are right in front of it.
P3: Yeah, it's tough to get right. I think most people are willing to overlook it if it's not pure white.
P4: The model seems to have a little bit of the grey skin problem. Could be a lighting issue. I like the Altern8 Skin Shader (or similar product) to give a bit of color to some skins.

[EDIT]
Here's a real quick and dirty edit of P2 in GIMP. You'll see better results changing things in Daz obviously.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes