3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

dokcherry

Jan 3, 2019
Much better. It's always better to start with the best quality possible than to do it in post, because in post, you are generally dealing with a compressed file (JPG or PNG). With each "save" the file gets recompressed and decreases in quality. If you intend to do a lot in post, it is better to save in an uncompressed format (TIF or BMP) and do the work in post, then save the final one as a compressed format (JPG or PNG). The TIF and BMP images take a lot more drive space, but you won't lose as much quality with each save.
Png is a lossless format.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Png is a lossless format.
PNG can be lossy. See here: On the other hand, TIF can never be lossy, but can use various forms of compression. Professionals who work with high quality images (I have been doing so for over 30 years) use formats that have no possibility of loss, because the originals are considered "masters" much in the same way that negatives served as masters in the pre-digital age. I worked with a photo studio bridging them from the analog to digital world in the late 1990s, so I know of what I speak.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I started to create my first game and this is one of the renders i did so far :D It's a little grainy, but i'm rendering on my laptop so you know :v I preffer a little grain, than using 3delight xd

View attachment 232086
You can cut the grain, even on a laptop, by rendering at a higher size than your final destination size then reducing file size in post-processing using either Photoshop or GIMP.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Funny enough, the original idea was a kiss between these two. However, after realizing that I should've probably modify everything on my own (and that I didn't really have the time) and after listening to "Bad Liar" of Imagine Dragons, I ended up creating this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think there's any relation between this and the song, but eh :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes