Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
I don't get it. How can you render anything in 30 minutes? I use a single RTX 2070 on a decent gaming rig, and 3-12 hours would be minimum for anything worth looking at. Like certain hairstyles already cut the FPS in the viewport in half, adding environments reduces the FPS at least by another 75%. And it seems like the render time grows exponentially with the amount of light sources.

Or is it really so that the RTX series isn't properly supported by DAZ? Because during renders my CPU is always at 100%, and the GPU only shows very occasional activity. RAM is also more like 8 of 32GB in use. It's kinda frustrating when you have a GPU that cost more money than most people's entire rig.

Rizzrack

Apr 21, 2018
I have issues to render the pictures because the computer shuts down if i try to savit, or it will shuts down after 4-7 min by itself. It seems that many have the same problem with rendering. i can't rendering the pictures 100%.
Is there anyone who has a solution to this problem?

Attachments

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Yes If you go into your install manager and check the show hidden box, it should be in there.
@kaboomer69 Also make sure to purchase (it's actually free) on the Daz site first. This puts it in your Product Library so it shows up in DIM.
Oh dear. Thanks so much guys.

Now the IRay preview opens within 5-10 seconds and is actually responsive. Started a test render, and the iterations are just flying & the GPU uses all RAM and is permanently active. After 19 minutes still at 17% but the image already looks brilliant.

There probably will be more than 1 render per day from now on :love:

Lol dude, actually that would be a freaking cool cover art for the Comic LO series xD... On a tecnical note, can you tell me which light set are you using? Are they custom made?
Got the idea from Honey Select card frames I downloaded somewhere ;)

+ (anything from IG/IDG seems great)

The other thing I've been using a lot is and its plugins, in particular

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Oh dear. Thanks so much guys.

Now the IRay preview opens within 5-10 seconds and is actually responsive. Started a test render, and the iterations are just flying & the GPU uses all RAM and is permanently active. After 19 minutes still at 17% but the image already looks brilliant.

There probably will be more than 1 render per day from now on :love:

Got the idea from Honey Select card frames I downloaded somewhere ;)

+ (anything from IG/IDG seems great)

The other thing I've been using a lot is and its plugins, in particular
Thanks you so much bro, im gonna try these plugins for the next render

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
a lot artsy and noir(y)

Amazing photo quality. If you want some sincere feedback, read the spoiler

The model is placed, lit and posed well.

234093_tmp12345.jpg

However the neon signs in the background are a bit distracting. Usually it helps to look at an image in thumbnail size, you'll see what i mean.
So to begin with, I would try to reduce the f/stop in the camera DOF to get a nice Bokeh going on. Don't know if you ever rendered with layers, but separately rendering the background with less exposure could also help.

The large red neon sign in the center probably is supposed to be there for the lighting, although the perspective towards it seems a bit uncomfortable. You can also see that it stops just before the right Phi Grid axis, which separates the image in two bad sections.
Perhaps it would be enough to desaturate and darken it a bit, if the stronger DOF doesn't do that. Or rotate the entire scene without moving the model or the other lights.

And the small "Bar" sign in the corner has the following problem: It is very isolated in such a large, empty black void. As such it attracts the viewer's eye, but for that it is placed extremely bad and covered by the window border.
Perhaps you could place another neon sign with similar luminance in the background. I would put it somewhere to the bottom-right of the cigarette smoke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.