3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Even if I don't have currently internet, nobody is stopping me from doing some practice here and there (or just losing some times when I don't really have anything else to do since, yeah, well... what I just said after all). Long story short:

First image ever made with 1080p of resolution (and yeah, took me two hours and a half, maybe even more)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second image made with the same resolution (and I think the same "waiting time" if not more than two and a half hour)

And a third image made.. trying something new honestly. I'm not totally convinced about the result here, especially because the water it's not that transparent and when I get back the connection, I have to find some.. more "clear" water than this honestly.

TAR313

Dec 20, 2017
Even if I don't have currently internet, nobody is stopping me from doing some practice here and there (or just losing some times when I don't really have anything else to do since, yeah, well... what I just said after all). Long story short:

First image ever made with 1080p of resolution (and yeah, took me two hours and a half, maybe even more)

Second image made with the same resolution (and I think the same "waiting time" if not more than two and a half hour)

And a third image made.. trying something new honestly. I'm not totally convinced about the result here, especially because the water it's not that transparent and when I get back the connection, I have to find some.. more "clear" water than this honestly.
i think thats a nice work and yes, i whant to see more !

(iam not sure if i understand everything right ^^)

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
I have been creating a new environment in which to pose future characters as in the spoiler below. Even managed to model a reasonable jetty in Hexagon.
When I first looked at this, I experienced an optical illusion. The orientation of the house with the dock makes it look like the house of floating in the air. Not sure how to fix that, maybe a shrub, flower border around the house will 'ground' it. Or maybe its just my old eyes and tired brain...

Nice composition anyway.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
I have been creating a new environment in which to pose future characters as in the spoiler below. Even managed to model a reasonable jetty in Hexagon.
When I first looked at this, I experienced an optical illusion. The orientation of the house with the dock makes it look like the house of floating in the air.
Experienced this as well. The house is probably too close to the shore line. I like the water reflection.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
When I first looked at this, I experienced an optical illusion. The orientation of the house with the dock makes it look like the house of floating in the air. Not sure how to fix that, maybe a shrub, flower border around the house will 'ground' it. Or maybe its just my old eyes and tired brain...
Experienced this as well. The house is probably too close to the shore line. I like the water reflection.
Thanks for the feedback. I have made some adjustments to anchor the building to the ground. I haven't actually moved the house or change the terrain at all. Please let me know whether this resolves the problem.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. I have made some adjustments to anchor the building to the ground. I haven't actually moved the house or change the terrain at all. Please let me know whether this resolves the problem.
Still has the optics issue for me. I circled the area that if I look in this area, the house appears to be "floating". I think it has to do with the house being so close to the water + aligned with the dock. It's like the minds eye is trying to link the dock to the house as it's base, but in the end makes the house appear to be floating above the dock. If that helps.

Reactions: Jack the Rapist

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Third times a charm, I hope. Have to redo the leaves at some point and fix the ground on the other side.
Well, the first image still has the optic illusion on it. The 2nd image does not. I can also see it on the right side of the house from the back right corner straight down to the dock if I look in any of that area. Original circled area from earlier still showing an optic float to the house too.

Maybe it's just some of us can see it. It's like those optic illusion sheets where you stare at a bunch of lines for a few minutes until you see what the lines actually are by slowly moving away from the image. It's not a big deal, if I focus on it for just a second, i can see it's not floating, but just passing my eyes over the image distorts it into an illusion and it feels like the house is floating. Maybe try rotating that camera a few degrees to the left so the dock doesn't perfectly align with the house? That might kill it.

Edit add: After looking at it a bit more, the alignment of the dock posts to the house could also be causing it. Circled what I mean below.

Reactions: Xavster

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Well, the first image still has the optic illusion on it. The 2nd image does not. I can also see it on the right side of the house from the back right corner straight down to the dock if I look in any of that area. Original circled area from earlier still showing an optic float to the house too.

Maybe it's just some of us can see it. It's like those optic illusion sheets where you stare at a bunch of lines for a few minutes until you see what the lines actually are by slowly moving away from the image. It's not a big deal, if I focus on it for just a second, i can see it's not floating, but just passing my eyes over the image distorts it into an illusion and it feels like the house is floating. Maybe try rotating that camera a few degrees to the left so the dock doesn't perfectly align with the house? That might kill it.

Edit add: After looking at it a bit more, the alignment of the dock posts to the house could also be causing it. Circled what I mean below.
Thats it. The doc posts provide a direct optical path. The shrubs, leaves and path helped but I agree. Offsetting the dock or building from the visual couples should do it. There are several points where the dock posts align with verticals on the building.

Reactions: Xavster
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes