3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I just made this for my first real try... Not very good. One boob has like a mark on it. It was supposed to be daylight but I guess one spotlight as the "sun" became the moon instead, and the distant lights didnt work as roof lights.
Also, the pose itself is a bit off as you can see the hands are displaced.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Gave it another try... 1440p. Fixed the pose and a bit of the boob issue. I put the lumens to be like freaking 50k instead on 12 spotlights and 75k on 1 distant but what the heck?

Any tips on lighting or how to reduce render time without losing quality. Right now Im rendering with Nvidia Iray

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Gave it another try... 1440p. Fixed the pose and a bit of the boob issue. I put the lumens to be like freaking 50k instead on 12 spotlights and 75k on 1 distant but what the heck?

Any tips on lighting or how to reduce render time without losing quality. Right now Im rendering with Nvidia Iray

50k is pretty normal. Actually, for a lot of my renders when I use a spotlight I'm at like 500k. There's some many tricks to speeding up renders. Here's just a few:

1. If you're not seeing the ceiling or walls, hide them and use the dome to light. It'll be a lot faster. Interior scenes take a long time to render.
2. The more light the better for iRay speeds, but mess around with tone mapping and turn down the iso to limit the light.
3. Look into a product called ghost lights to help with fill.
4. I'd keep it to a few lights max. Also, for the spot lights you can set them from point to rectangle and increase height and width to like 75 x 75 to give yourself more of a fill type light.
5. In render settings, set the max length path to 6-9 or so. -1 is the default and that's infinity so all the light bouncing around in your interiors is making times long.
6. Most important, head over to the Daz3d forums and search for iray speed threads and get more info on all these types and others.

megadork

Dec 10, 2017
Okay, I finished a few renders now that I got some tips.
Any feedback on them, other than a Like? :)
I've tried to hide the nether part as I don't have a good asset for it.
Looks good except for the hair on the darker models head. Looks like its clipping through her head.

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Okay, I finished a few renders now that I got some tips.
Any feedback on them, other than a Like? :)
I've tried to hide the nether part as I don't have a good asset for it.
Almost all of the images suffer from the same problem - The lack of physics. (Or look of physics) First image is on sand, and yet the dark hair girl is completely resting on her palms, the resting image doesn't look real. She would be sinking into the sand and her legs would be more bent (she would be resting more on her arms/chest instead of flatly on one part of her wrist).

The rest of the images, the dark haired girls hands' are all resting above the sand instead of on it, floating. All of the images suffer from this lack of 'weight'.

Models still look great, but I can't un-see it now that I've noticed the problems with the renders.

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
I've seen good smiles with daz models, but it's pretty rare and hard to pull off. On your example it's a little more obvious.

The eyes are tilted upward like an emoji ^_^. It ends up looking off since the bottom eyelids can't bend upward like that normally. The smile sides are tilted upward unnaturally, like this.

ss (2018-01-20 at 04.54.00).png

This is probably one of the better smiles I've seen, but it still has a few problems.

ss (2018-01-20 at 04.50.57).jpg

If there were wrinkles around the eyes/mouth that distorted the face, it would look a lot more realistic. Even this looks a little off. IMO, it's probably better/easier to just make models smile without showing their teeth at all.

GustavVonSlayer

Nov 8, 2017
You'll need to use an expression set that has a morph dial set, so you can fine tune the expression as the default pre-loads usually end up looking strange when using on a different character base (using olympia expressions on karen for example).

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes