Daz Daz3d advice

Jun 15, 2017
hi everyone I would like some advice from those who use daz3d.
To get curvy female characters with a toned body and large breasts which assets should I use? and above all, should i use genesis 8 female?

EDIT: in which site can I find male and female genitals and realistic nipples?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I would recommend Gen 8 yes, simply because it has the most assets, many content creators for daz have switched over to G8F by now, so it will continue to have content (its still relatively new, I don't know if G8.1F will take over or what the difference is other than a fix in the mesh I can only assume).

As for actual assets, it depends on what kind of curvy you like. Lots of the characters styles I like tend to be G3F but I couldn't use them since I stuck to G8F because I wanted all my morph's to work together. While there are lots of assets, at least for my kind of curvy I like, there was nothing stylized that matched my interest, so I've used a lot of general body shaping morphs, export to blender, sculpt, and then re import back into daz to use as a base for most of my characters.

I have bought a lot of (curvy) character morphs, and this is what I'll say: Character morphs are great for rapid prototyping and great for finding out what kind of features you like most. However, the issue I found is that I pretty much never use them. The reason being, lots of the time when trying out character morph's, I'll really like parts of it, meanwhile, other parts of the morph I won't care for. Worse yet, because they are character morph's, the are full body morphs, so I can never use them because they will mess with the rest of the body. So while it is good to have body morphs to rapidly prototype when you are frustrated and don't know what kind of body you want or how to get the body you want, I rarely actually use them consistently (at least for my art style).

Maybe in the future I'll may a write up on how to get around this (possible to just select the part of the morph you like and mix together characters), but I use blender and I'm pretty sure there or more daz focus tutorials for how to do this already. But in general, the assets I recommend are the ones that I mainly use to create and tweak characters bit by bit, rather than whole body morphs. As I stated, my solution for curvy characters is to make a base morph based on experiments and finding combinations I like, fixing them in blender with some sclupting, and then using those as a base and blending between them at times, and then still using these assets to tweak each character

My main assets are:
  • (pretty much my main tool for designing the body)
  • (my main tool for toying with boobies)
  • (My second favorite breast asset because it has a lot of style)
  • (I occasionally use this to add style to different parts of the body that my Shapeshift can't do without a lot of tweaking)
  • (Gohzoituz has more on their website of their older works, but basically Goh's morphs have always been the closest to the style I like, but doesn't have too many G8F character. Clarissa is the only character morph or full-body morph that I consistently use(I think 30% to 50% on the slider), but that's because it roles the hip to thigh transition just right to match what I'm going for, where shapeshift can not. But I only recently started using this asset, after already having developed my own base assets which I use first).
If you are interested in more body morph's I'd seriously suggest many of the morphs by Anagord ( for example) who makes lots of content (be careful when browsing their page, all the really great outfits you will see are just textures, not the actual outfits themselves).

beyond that, experiment, see what you like, and look into ways of sculpting or tweaking characters once you've tried everything and still can't get it perfect.

Edit: I believe with all the above links, I've linked just about every main store I use to find things, the daz store, renderosity, renderhub, and renderotica, I also really like , poser content is a different program from daz, but I think they are managed by the same company so you will often see the two programs being discussed in the same space. Poser Content has lots of Daz content and I like their site because it makes it really easy to browse through assets and I think it does a better job than renderosity and render hub at recommending other similar assets to those you are looking at (and the web site isn't much of a store, it just links you to all the other websites where you can actually by the asset).

edit 2: use render erotica to find the nsfw stuff like genitals and toys

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
The reason being, lots of the time when trying out character morph's, I'll really like parts of it, meanwhile, other parts of the morph I won't care for. Worse yet, because they are character morph's, the are full body morphs, so I can never use them because they will mess with the rest of the body. So while it is good to have body morphs to rapidly prototype when you are frustrated and don't know what kind of body you want or how to get the body you want, I rarely actually use them consistently (at least for my art style).

Maybe in the future I'll may a write up on how to get around this (possible to just select the part of the morph you like and mix together characters), but I use blender and I'm pretty sure there or more daz focus tutorials for how to do this already. But in general, the assets I recommend are the ones that I mainly use to create and tweak characters bit by bit, rather than whole body morphs.
The trick is to use dFormer weight map, to freeze part of the mesh you don't want to be morphed. You can paint some fall off to smooth the blending. Not sure if there is any tutorial but has head/eyes/ears/mouth dFormers build for that purpose, should be good enough to get the gist of it.

12. Head, Eyes, Ears and Mouth DFormers load preset weight-mapped D-Formers. These are mostly used when importing morphs to define which parts get morphed or not. The Head D-Former has a soft falloff and can be used to split head and body morphs into separate parts. The Eyes D-Former can be used to ensure the eyes aren't affect by imported morphs. This has no falloff, so only the eye geometry is affected while the eye socket is still morphed. The Ears D-Former has a soft falloff, and the Mouth and Teeth D-Former also has a slight falloff for a smoother blend between the mouth and lips. By default, the imported morphs will be applied to the selected area. To prevent morphs from being applied to the D-Former selection, just set the Strength to minus one in the Attenuate By options.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
The trick is to use dFormer weight map, to freeze part of the mesh you don't want to be morphed. You can paint some fall off to smooth the blending. Not sure if there is any tutorial but has head/eyes/ears/mouth dFormers build for that purpose, should be good enough to get the gist of it.

12. Head, Eyes, Ears and Mouth DFormers load preset weight-mapped D-Formers. These are mostly used when importing morphs to define which parts get morphed or not. The Head D-Former has a soft falloff and can be used to split head and body morphs into separate parts. The Eyes D-Former can be used to ensure the eyes aren't affect by imported morphs. This has no falloff, so only the eye geometry is affected while the eye socket is still morphed. The Ears D-Former has a soft falloff, and the Mouth and Teeth D-Former also has a slight falloff for a smoother blend between the mouth and lips. By default, the imported morphs will be applied to the selected area. To prevent morphs from being applied to the D-Former selection, just set the Strength to minus one in the Attenuate By options.
I've kind of looked into it doing it in daz, but with what I've messed with, it's a lot clunkier than what I can do in blender, but perhaps there are some dedicated tools (such as the dev kit you linked) that streamline the process. However, I'm lazy and stick with good enough. One of the main reason I prefer using blender for some things (even tho, yes, it is a bit of a process to export obj, load it in blender, double check that the data isn't corrupted, and export back out, while doublechecking scaling) is blender has the feature of applying morphs 'relative' to other morphs. Ever have 2 morphs You want to combine? Most of the time, combining morphs is easy. But as the shapes become more complex and compound on each other, morphs start to get weird. For example, big boobs, most big boob morphs are with 'respect' to the base G8F base, however, in my case I start with a more stylized base, which distorts the breasts. As a result, breast morphs don't work a lot of the time and takes a lot of tweaking. or I can throw it into blender, and just phase between the morphs 'relative' to one another. Similarly, I can phase between characters and age for more complex models, with out the weird distortion that full body morphs tend to have (ie collapsed boobs) . Doing this in daz would require manually setting sliders at some ratio (ie 50% of two morphs = a perfect blend of both, this is the best case. more sliders makes it impractical to calculate, and its easier to just to play with a slider and see how I like the effect), plus in blender I like adding modifiers (I play a lot of tricks with corrective smoothing to preserve details while I sculpt the body).

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I've kind of looked into it doing it in daz, but with what I've messed with, it's a lot clunkier than what I can do in blender, but perhaps there are some dedicated tools (such as the dev kit you linked) that streamline the process. However, I'm lazy and stick with good enough. One of the main reason I prefer using blender for some things (even tho, yes, it is a bit of a process to export obj, load it in blender, double check that the data isn't corrupted, and export back out, while doublechecking scaling) is blender has the feature of applying morphs 'relative' to other morphs. Ever have 2 morphs You want to combine? Most of the time, combining morphs is easy. But as the shapes become more complex and compound on each other, morphs start to get weird. For example, big boobs, most big boob morphs are with 'respect' to the base G8F base, however, in my case I start with a more stylized base, which distorts the breasts. As a result, breast morphs don't work a lot of the time and takes a lot of tweaking. or I can throw it into blender, and just phase between the morphs 'relative' to one another. Similarly, I can phase between characters and age for more complex models, with out the weird distortion that full body morphs tend to have (ie collapsed boobs) . Doing this in daz would require manually setting sliders at some ratio (ie 50% of two morphs = a perfect blend of both, this is the best case. more sliders makes it impractical to calculate, and its easier to just to play with a slider and see how I like the effect), plus in blender I like adding modifiers (I play a lot of tricks with corrective smoothing to preserve details while I sculpt the body).
Indeed, could agree with that (my workflow is even more tedious lol). But I would not dissmiss a simple trick, especially how fast result can follow (a saved 'wearable' that can be called on any g8 figure). It's all about time. If I can pull it that way, it's not running against Blender (or whatever) but running against the clock.

Seems a bit pompous said that way but hey o/

Last edited:

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
I would recommend Gen 8 yes, simply because it has the most assets, many content creators for daz have switched over to G8F by now, so it will continue to have content (its still relatively new, I don't know if G8.1F will take over or what the difference is other than a fix in the mesh I can only assume).

As for actual assets, it depends on what kind of curvy you like. Lots of the characters styles I like tend to be G3F but I couldn't use them since I stuck to G8F because I wanted all my morph's to work together. While there are lots of assets, at least for my kind of curvy I like, there was nothing stylized that matched my interest, so I've used a lot of general body shaping morphs, export to blender, sculpt, and then re import back into daz to use as a base for most of my characters.

I have bought a lot of (curvy) character morphs, and this is what I'll say: Character morphs are great for rapid prototyping and great for finding out what kind of features you like most. However, the issue I found is that I pretty much never use them. The reason being, lots of the time when trying out character morph's, I'll really like parts of it, meanwhile, other parts of the morph I won't care for. Worse yet, because they are character morph's, the are full body morphs, so I can never use them because they will mess with the rest of the body. So while it is good to have body morphs to rapidly prototype when you are frustrated and don't know what kind of body you want or how to get the body you want, I rarely actually use them consistently (at least for my art style).

Maybe in the future I'll may a write up on how to get around this (possible to just select the part of the morph you like and mix together characters), but I use blender and I'm pretty sure there or more daz focus tutorials for how to do this already. But in general, the assets I recommend are the ones that I mainly use to create and tweak characters bit by bit, rather than whole body morphs. As I stated, my solution for curvy characters is to make a base morph based on experiments and finding combinations I like, fixing them in blender with some sclupting, and then using those as a base and blending between them at times, and then still using these assets to tweak each character

My main assets are:
  • (pretty much my main tool for designing the body)
  • (my main tool for toying with boobies)
  • (My second favorite breast asset because it has a lot of style)
  • (I occasionally use this to add style to different parts of the body that my Shapeshift can't do without a lot of tweaking)
  • (Gohzoituz has more on their website of their older works, but basically Goh's morphs have always been the closest to the style I like, but doesn't have too many G8F character. Clarissa is the only character morph or full-body morph that I consistently use(I think 30% to 50% on the slider), but that's because it roles the hip to thigh transition just right to match what I'm going for, where shapeshift can not. But I only recently started using this asset, after already having developed my own base assets which I use first).
If you are interested in more body morph's I'd seriously suggest many of the morphs by Anagord ( for example) who makes lots of content (be careful when browsing their page, all the really great outfits you will see are just textures, not the actual outfits themselves).

beyond that, experiment, see what you like, and look into ways of sculpting or tweaking characters once you've tried everything and still can't get it perfect.

Edit: I believe with all the above links, I've linked just about every main store I use to find things, the daz store, renderosity, renderhub, and renderotica, I also really like , poser content is a different program from daz, but I think they are managed by the same company so you will often see the two programs being discussed in the same space. Poser Content has lots of Daz content and I like their site because it makes it really easy to browse through assets and I think it does a better job than renderosity and render hub at recommending other similar assets to those you are looking at (and the web site isn't much of a store, it just links you to all the other websites where you can actually by the asset).

edit 2: use render erotica to find the nsfw stuff like genitals and toys
I would be interested if you wrote a guide tbh. I'm also trying to achieve large breasts and it's quite hard to do. Been using the Breastacular presets and tbh aside from the nipples (which I like) it's pretty terrible.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Have to say that every morph i tried is kind of ok.
To do it yourself is not easy but maybe worth it.

The problem with all these morphs is that it will make a character "kaputt".
At the moment i am using Krashwerks Morgan. So the real things i like to change are the breast and the butt. Her waist is really thin so it has to fit together otherwise it looks really awkward.

I will try the tolls mentioned which seems perhaps worth it. Though it seems a lot of work as well.

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Have to say that every morph i tried is kind of ok.
To do it yourself is not easy but maybe worth it.

The problem with all these morphs is that it will make a character "kaputt".
At the moment i am using Krashwerks Morgan. So the real things i like to change are the breast and the butt. Her waist is really thin so it has to fit together otherwise it looks really awkward.

I will try the tolls mentioned which seems perhaps worth it. Though it seems a lot of work as well.
Maybe you can post a screenshot

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Maybe you can post a screenshot

Sure thing.

Don't mind the positions.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I used this as a base figure.
KrashWerks MORGAN for Genesis 8 Female

So i made my character older. She has wrinkles and fat. Not too much but visibly.
The other image has her removed from everything except the base figure to make her look young again plus breast bigger (Bimbofication).
She has firmer breasts. Though, i will maybe looking into these suggestions. Not sure how gifted i am to use all the sliders.