• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DAZ/Poser question from a Newbie..

Rabspat

Mar 26, 2018
I am new to this DAZ thing. Is Poser a program for DAZ or is it a program like DAZ? As I noticed that where DAZ is Free Poser is like over a $100 not even sure what that be in £'s. Like I said I am new to this so it's all a bit confusing to me still.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
@Rabspat
Here is list of the websites for the most popular 3D software (including Poser).
Scroll down to the 3D Software section.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
DAZ is a company name, initially they made characters for Poser, a tool that exist since 1995. Specifically, Victoria base character, one of the most famous characters for Poser, until the 4th generation.

In 2005 they decided to release their own tool, DAZ Studio, together with the 5th generation of characters called Genesis. There was a Victoria 5 for Genesis. DAZ Studio initially have his basic edition for free, and then the pro edition became free too. What make sense, because their focus is get profit with the content.

There was Genesis 2/Victoria 6, Genesis 3/Victoria 7 and finally they decided to equalize the version: Genesis 8/Victoria 8.