• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Help

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Hello.

First off, I have no idea where to post this and I'm guessing here.

So I just downloaded Daz Studio 4.10 and the Daz installed manager installed everything and is ready for use. I started watching a tutorial about how Daz works but they told me to load up Genesis 3 female actor (from the figures tab). Just then I realized that it did not install correctly. I have the Genesis 3 male actor, and even Genesis 2 and 8 male and female, but for some reason I do not have Genesis 3 female.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I have tried restarting Daz Studio, reinstalling the female part but since I'm new to Daz and they are not that good at explaining, I am not sure what else to do/try. Any ideas?
problem Daz.png

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
There are two ways to find content in Daz. The tab you're on is "Smart Content," which tries to relate "what do I have selected in the scene" to "what content is available for that." It has serious quirks, and is not the best way to find base figures. (It also relies on metadata in the Content Management System, which can sometimes get screwed up.)

You're far better off clicking on the "Content Library" tab just under the "Smart Content" tab. That shows you, in directory fashion, all of your content, and works straight off disk, rather than through the Content Management system, and doesn't try to do any filtering. Of course, with that you have to know where something is stored in the hierarchy, but that usually isn't TOO hard. In your case, People > Genesis 3 Female.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
There are two ways to find content in Daz. The tab you're on is "Smart Content," which tries to relate "what do I have selected in the scene" to "what content is available for that." It has serious quirks, and is not the best way to find base figures. (It also relies on metadata in the Content Management System, which can sometimes get screwed up.)

You're far better off clicking on the "Content Library" tab just under the "Smart Content" tab. That shows you, in directory fashion, all of your content, and works straight off disk, rather than through the Content Management system, and doesn't try to do any filtering. Of course, with that you have to know where something is stored in the hierarchy, but that usually isn't TOO hard. In your case, People > Genesis 3 Female.
I Love and worship you at the moment..... Thank you sooooo much :)

@Ceo I will delve into that as well :)

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I Love and worship you at the moment..... Thank you sooooo much :)
"Love and worship?" Egad! I'll settle for being "liked". (Which you already did.) x'D

Reactions: moudy

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Well I did say "at the moment" so you still have time to redeem yourself :p
True - plenty of time for "open mouth, insert foot," or the forum equivalent... LOL

Reactions: moudy

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
daz 3d help with loading content I get this

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/genesis8female.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/p3design/asuka/ctrlp3dasuka.dsf

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/uv sets/daz 3d/base/base female.dsf

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaarms_1004.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaarmsb_1004.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaarmsn_1004.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaarmss_1004.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaeyes01_1007.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaeyesb_1007.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaeyesn_1007.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukaface_1001.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukafaceb_1001.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukafacen_1001.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukafaces_1001.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukalegs_1003.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukalegsb_1003.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukalegss_1003.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukamouth_1005.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukamouthb_1005.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukatorso_1002.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukatorsob_1002.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukatorson_1002.jpg

runtime/textures/!p3d/asuka/p3dasukatorsos_1002.jpg

please any suggestions I downloaded model and dropped into content folder?
tks
plus im a newbie

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
I would like to share with you something that happened to me the day before yesterday. Namely, I've installed an asset from a third party on an external ssd, and so the night before yesterday I downloaded from another site and got a corrupted file that caused textures and morphs to be deleted from all the assets I have on the external ssd, and I have a lot of them.