Daz DAZ clothing shrink wrapped to breasts

Oct 12, 2019
Hi,

I have an issue with clothing clinging to breasts in DAZ. It looks like it is shrink wrapped to the figure 2.png

Apparently Dforce should correct it, but when I apply it, it simply results in the following:

1.png
I tried turning gravity off to 0. That didnt solve the problem.

What I am trying to achieve is the following result:
3.png

I could mention that the same problem exists with all clothing items, not just this particular one.
Any help would be most welcome. I have also tried things fitcontrol etc. but they do not produce the desirable results like in the pic above.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Check under parameters/general and see if it has a smoothing modifier. (now looking at the image, it does seem to be on by default, added picture)
if not, go to edit/object/geometry/add smoothing modifier.
the smoothing modifier uses something I forget the name, but i refer to it as delta smoothening
blender also uses this, called corrective smoothening.

Basically, it reshapes the mesh to closer match how it was originally shaped. The 'delta' in it referse to the fact that it will introduce small corrections more than big corrections, meaning it will preserve smaller scale details. If you apply this to shirts, it basicalyl smooths out the big breast, with the top you have, I usually have to set it to 120 smooth iterations (parameters/general/mesh smoothing/smoothing interations should be the second attribute), but I tend to stick to 40 for my characters. this fixes a lot of issues, but doesn't always work. it also doesn't work on characters that are thinner or smaller than the default body because the clothes will actually start to come off the body and match the original body shape.

but give the smooth modifier a try, with 40 to 120 smoothing iteration, it should doo the trick just right (make sure to have it set to original shape, and not a generic smoothing)

Oct 12, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This actually helped to some extent. It does not however produce the result of the "tightened" look that I am trying to achieve.

This is with mesh smoothing turned up to max (200):

4.png

As you can see it is better, but still looks loose. I tried applying dforce after this, but it still did not result in the desired look.

Oct 12, 2019
Actually nevermind. After this I applied fitcontrol and used some dials and voila, the desired look was achieved. Thank you for your help!
5.png

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Awesome! Glad I could help a little.

To be honest I've had the same issue, didn't know about fit control, is that a tool or an asset?

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
To be honest I've had the same issue, didn't know about fit control, is that a tool or an asset?
Fit control is a tool. A script. You apply it to the figure, then choose the article of clothing, or hair, you wish to apply it to. It ends up giving a ton if sliders you can play with. I find it very useful. It may slow down a render a bit, but you can remove unused sliders as part of the script.

https://f95zone.to/threads/fit-control-for-genesis-8-female-s.8131/

there are also threads for male and G3 male and female as well.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

Pain

May 15, 2017
Just to add about the possible dForce solution.

You could try and set the parameter Contraction-Expansion Ratio (under surfaces for the dForce clothing material) which in essence will try and do what you are asking for. A value less than 100 will shrink stretch the clothing and a value above 100 will expand the clothing and make it more loose.

A value of 90 to 92 should do what you ask.

Keep in mind though that dForce is not a perfect solution for ALL clothing items (depending on geometry) and the solution you already have looks good to me.

Just wanted to add that this could work with dForce as well.

Reactions: dudedudester4vrvr4
Oct 12, 2019
Just to add about the possible dForce solution.

You could try and set the parameter Contraction-Expansion Ratio (under surfaces for the dForce clothing material) which in essence will try and do what you are asking for. A value less than 100 will shrink stretch the clothing and a value above 100 will expand the clothing and make it more loose.

A value of 90 to 92 should do what you ask.

Keep in mind though that dForce is not a perfect solution for ALL clothing items (depending on geometry) and the solution you already have looks good to me.

Just wanted to add that this could work with dForce as well.
Thanks, will have to try this method as well (y)

f4f4

Jul 4, 2018
Actually nevermind. After this I applied fitcontrol and used some dials and voila, the desired look was achieved. Thank you for your help!
View attachment 1743931
haha hello Ive come to revive this thread. If you are still active pls help me out if not maybe some one else reading this can. So I added the mesh smoothing option and it worked pretty great BUT I cant combine it with fit control. It seems whatever change I add with fitcontrol is atomically undone by the smoothing iterations. You said "after this I applied fitcontrol" Did you mean you combine both methods or was this separate?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
haha hello Ive come to revive this thread. If you are still active pls help me out if not maybe some one else reading this can. So I added the mesh smoothing option and it worked pretty great BUT I cant combine it with fit control. It seems whatever change I add with fitcontrol is atomically undone by the smoothing iterations. You said "after this I applied fitcontrol" Did you mean you combine both methods or was this separate?
I believe that's effectively what Fit Control does under the hood, just on a far more granular level.