Tutorial Unreal Engine DAZ Body with MetaHuman Head in Unreal Engine 5.0.3 (v.08-07-2023)

Nov 8, 2018
Sorry All, I didn't receive any notifications that my tutorial is still in use, LOL
I will try my best to answer

with regards to the socket, what is the difference for G9 ? also g9 does not have the head propagation morph
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm trying to use the Blender addon in Blender 3.6.5. When I install the plugin, it has 2 versions, Main Scrypt - Old seems to work but is missing buttons and Main Script - New when I activate it show this msg:
pastebin's dead. and even when using the waybackmachine, all the links are dead.

anyone have a mirror?

Links have been updated, but Pixeldrain will remove them after 90 days of inactivity. Let me know if someone else needs them again. BPY Script installs correctly in Blender 3.6.0, let me know if it executes properly

In UE 5.3 version DAZ Updated Daz to UE5 Bridge. So you need to update Bridge in Daz.

Okey send your Character to UE5. When you have cool looking character in UE 5 Right Click on Skeletal Mesh. Open Source Location. Should ble \DazToUnreal\Alina_NPC\UpdatedFBX . Make dublicate just in case . Alina_NPC is folder where is my Mesh sended direcly from Daz )

Blender part ;) Import fbx. Uncheck Animations and import . Next fix that damt bones mess. Pose mode -> pose -> Clear transform -> All . Then you can do what you want in Blender.

Now best part Export .fbx . We need change only mesh so Uncheck Add Leafbones and Bake Animation. Save to \DazToUnreal\Alina_NPC\UpdatedFBX . Don't change orginal !

Back to UE 5 Right Click on Skeletal Mesh -> Reimport With New File.

Now wait it takes time. All depends on the mesh changes.

So we change only mesh. I use this method to fix clothes and textures. Exportig from Daz directly to Blender not best way if you maiking your game in UE5. P.S I'm not 100% sure about this metod in Ue 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2 ( Tested on 5.3, works in 5.3.1 ) Blender version must be 3.6 +

Hope it helps, feel free to ask if have problems and good luck ;). Last pictures is Genesis 8.1 + Golden place + morphs sended from Daz directly to Ue 5.3.

I found new problem in skeletal mesh. When i export back from blender to Unreal all morphs change names so jcm post process from daz bridge no longer working. Can i avoid morph name changes?

View attachment 3038035 View attachment 3038037 View attachment 3038040

Now lerning how to deal with Clothes Physics and Hair Groom ;)

Nov 8, 2018
Hey, just letting you know that DAZtoHue recently released, in case you missed it. I haven't tested it yet, but it looks really useful.
Yes it already has been useful since v0.2. But setting up Houdini is quite painful so I didn't make a tutorial about that. However, I am working on another project that leverages the DAZtoHue workflow. Houdini does not compare to Blender in any way, it is far more powerful and the DAZ to Hue might not be what it is promised (I can't get the PP Blueprint to work properly), but having all the jcms available on your mesh allows you to manually fix animations - even though the outcome of Houdini is already so good, I barely needed to make any adjustments in the animations I have tested