• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[DAZ] Animation Questions

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm just working on my first animation, and I'm finding it a bit difficult to figure out the ropes.

One glaring question I have is how do you delete a single keyframe? I know that you can click on a keyframe and then click the "delete selected keys" button, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to select just one single keyframe. Whenever I click on one single keyframe in my character's timeline, all of the keyframes become selected, and when I try to delete, all of the keyframes end up deleted!

Also, I was wondering, is it best to use the native "Timeline" tool for animations? Or do people prefer other tools instead?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

EDIT: I'm starting to realize that my problem of auto-selecting every key in one character's timeline is just some weird bug? I reloaded the scene and found that I was able to select individual keyframes, then reloaded the scene again and found that I was only able to select the first keyframe in each timeline? What a mess.

EDIT 2: Now it's creating new keyframes anywhere I left-click on the timeline. This just feels buggy as hell.

Last edited: