Daz 3D Models

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Can someone tell me why so many games/VNs will all feature identical 3D models?

I just wondered why there selection seems so limited?

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
Fortunately, there are things you can change. I'm thinking of hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, tattoos. And also accessories like jewellery, glasses, etc.

Reactions: BlenderGuy

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Yea, I notice they can be altered based on hair, clothes etc. I guess things will only improve over time.

Reactions: Mookys

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Fortunately, there are things you can change. I'm thinking of hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, tattoos. And also accessories like jewellery, glasses, etc.
But most devs don't do it because they choose that model precisely because of how it looks in the promo renders. Therefore they keep it like it looks in them.

gremmie

Jun 4, 2017
Quite a few games/VNs suffer from the same handful of weaknesses.

a. Too few expressions on the faces. This makes the models look doll-like and samey.

b. No work on the skin. Again, the models look doll-like. Sometimes they all have the same skin color.

c. Wobbly framing - i.e. the camera sort of jiggles from one shot to the very next.

d. It is also noticeable when environments are used 'out of the box' with no additional props or color changes.

wildtirki

Oct 20, 2018
Did someone already say lazy?
LOL
But really, a lot of AVNs use models that have been pirated, which is why the selection is limited.
I probably should have done this when I started, but then I wouldn't have the freedom to create whatever I wanted.
I also would have saved thousands of dollars.