3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Play With Us' models unnerved me, tbh. It's also less... serious compared to this new game, I feel.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Hey guys! I'm glad most of you seem to be enjoying the game. This is a monthly release thing so the next episode will be available to patrons next month, at which point this one will be released for free (like all our games). That being said, we would really appreciate if you would stop pirating our games (although I naturally realize this request will most likely be ignored).

We're using our Patreon income to hire more people (we currently consist of 4 people with 2 collaborators), and in fact I just recently held 15 interviews for artists for a new eroge VN. That means that Patreon income is really important to us and the studio. I realize some of you can't afford or don't think $10 is worth paying for games from us, but keep in mind the games are always released for free. That is something we proud ourselves in and separates us from a lot of other small studios. So please, just have som patience and please stop pirating our games. We would hate to have to spend money on getting anti-piracy protection when we could use that money on making more games more frequently instead.

Again, I realize this plea will most likely just be ignored, but the income we get from Patreon is literally necessary for our survival, and making more games more frequently. Thank you for reading this.

Palmer
Welcome to the forums. Many of our members are active on patreon and whilst we are a 'sharing' forum, we also serve as promotion for developers; usually once a game is posted on our site developers see a boost in the number of patrons. 1 download doesn't mean 1 lost patron, but instead brings your game to a much much wider audience.

I hope you don't go down the piracy protection route, as it'll always be crackable and will mean wasted time and effort. But I do wish you the best with your projects, as you do create good content.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Welcome to the forums. Many of our members are active on patreon and whilst we are a 'sharing' forum, we also serve as promotion for developers; usually once a game is posted on our site developers see a boost in the number of patrons. 1 download doesn't mean 1 lost patron, but instead brings your game to much much wider audience.

I hope you don't go down the piracy protection route, as it'll always be crackable and will mean wasted time and effort. But I do wish you the best with your projects, as you do create good content.
I've never seen the patron amount go down after seeing the game pirated, always up. Like I said in another thread; patrons, especially the ones that contribute the most, aren't paying to get the game. They're paying because they believe in the product being made and want to support the dev.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Quality game, great graphics, decent length for a first ep, nice storytelling, a lot of thought has gone into it
Sadly the silly mention of protection unfortunate for someone who obviously can code looking at the games code

Publicity on this site is free for devs yet they moan when they should pay an advertising fee sarcasm always intended or is it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirro84
M

MantisK

Hey guys! I'm glad most of you seem to be enjoying the game. This is a monthly release thing so the next episode will be available to patrons next month, at which point this one will be released for free (like all our games). That being said, we would really appreciate if you would stop pirating our games (although I naturally realize this request will most likely be ignored).

We're using our Patreon income to hire more people (we currently consist of 4 people with 2 collaborators), and in fact I just recently held 15 interviews for artists for a new eroge VN. That means that Patreon income is really important to us and the studio. I realize some of you can't afford or don't think $10 is worth paying for games from us, but keep in mind the games are always released for free. That is something we proud ourselves in and separates us from a lot of other small studios. So please, just have som patience and please stop pirating our games. We would hate to have to spend money on getting anti-piracy protection when we could use that money on making more games more frequently instead.

Again, I realize this plea will most likely just be ignored, but the income we get from Patreon is literally necessary for our survival, and making more games more frequently. Thank you for reading this.

Palmer
I have seen no correlation between pirated and income. As a matter of fact, getting ten's of thousands of new downloaders increases the chance you will get supported. The pirating is a down side, as my books have been pirated (most likely by the publisher after I hurt their feelings) so I understand. Still, I got read by many that would not, or could not, spend the money. I can not afford to support 200 developers, but can offer insights and advice, some find useful.
Basically, you get about 1% or less of downloaders becoming supporters, best build those numbers. Many pirates end up supporting games they trust will have quality and reliability, even if not the maximum desired.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
I've never seen the patron amount go down after seeing the game pirated, always up. Like I said in another thread; patrons, especially the ones that contribute the most, aren't paying to get the game. They're paying because they believe in the product being made and want to support the dev.
How can you pirate something when it is a free game?

Becoming a Patron is a voluntary procedure.
They are only privy to faster releases, that is all.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
How can you pirate something when it is a free game?

Becoming a Patron is a voluntary procedure.
They are only privy to faster releases, that is all.
Some creators don't release their content at, just at a lower tier price.

Reactions: PeteHanson

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Hey guys!-snip-
@Sam worded it perfectly. Besides we wouldn't be the only ones out there. Neither are we making any profit from it here. The people here are sharing and indeed you might see a increase on your traffic from us here. Specially considering we actually put effort in listing links towards your patreon were others might not.

Now on topic: and as well cause i got you at @: Where is Emily: homecoming. That still being made?

Reactions: Krull
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes