3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
I have to disagree with you on this. Some things where Ren'py is better:
  • Mac support
  • easy access to tons of saves/save anytime
  • rollback
Not saying that your engine isn't good, but it doesn't do everything I want.

Ren'py is built on top of Python, and gives you all the power of Python. To say it's not a general programming product is...incomplete.

Hey, GMS supports MacOS...have you thought about putting out a Mac version? Or is too much of your 41k LoC Windows specific c#?
A Mac build requires time, testing and specific tweaks. Considering our analytics data it doesn't worth the effort at the moment. Maybe when the game is complete and we pack all the chapters in one we'll do a Mac build (and even maybe a Linux build).

Also, the HTML5 build can run in any operating system that supports Chrome or Firefox and WebGL, which means that Mac and Linux users can play. Is not like non-Windows users can't play the game at the moment.

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
chapter 6 do really have only the scene in the end wheen they washing together or i miss something from choices.

JJI

Jun 18, 2017
I am still enjoying the game. I don't understand the complaints about the lack of sex. He has banged everybody but his daughter (what a change from blue balls) and he has showered and ejaculated on her. Much faster paced than dating my daughter.

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
Anyone managed to solve the dishwasher puzzle in ch5 and willing to upload a pic for us puzzle retards? I'm assuming it leads to Kathy's scene and I'm not even getting close to solving it :FeelsBadMan:

Ps: FUCK TIMED PUZZLES WITH A RUSTY PIPE!!11!

Reactions: phreadom

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
whats the difference between the free and cracked versions?

But @Penfold Mole is correct in stating that they're also now obsolete as the free standalone versions have been released.

Actually I just saw Penfold's where he goes into more detail in reply to another user. That about sums it up. :)

A Mac build requires time, testing and specific tweaks. Considering our analytics data it doesn't worth the effort at the moment. Maybe when the game is complete and we pack all the chapters in one we'll do a Mac build (and even maybe a Linux build).

Also, the HTML5 build can run in any operating system that supports Chrome or Firefox and WebGL, which means that Mac and Linux users can play. Is not like non-Windows users can't play the game at the moment.
As one of those ignored Linux users, I can tell you that the web based versions aren't without their own problems. The Chrome version runs like garbage. The Firefox version also tends to have issues (opening animation doesn't load so the game won't start unless you hit ESC to skip it... which I discovered by accident in a fit of frustration), but is at least playable once you get over those hurdles. But none run as well as native versions, which are always preferable.

And just to note, almost all Ren'Py games come with native Linux support "out of the box". ;) And those that don't, for some odd reason, can almost always be easily patched by copying over the lib/ folder and launch script from a game that does and simply renaming the lib and launch script to the name of the game.

For us, who are used to being ignored by folks looking to only serve the "bigger market", we're generally happy for any support, even if it's not perfect. If we're running Linux, we're usually smart enough to work around the rough edges, or provide a bug report for a simple fix.

Anyone managed to solve the dishwasher puzzle in ch5 and willing to upload a pic for us puzzle retards? I'm assuming it leads to Kathy's scene and I'm not even getting close to solving it :FeelsBadMan:

Ps: FUCK TIMED PUZZLES WITH A RUSTY PIPE!!11!
Humorously I was able to solve some of these games more easily BECAUSE of the garbage performance on Chrome when I was first forced to play the web version due to lack of native support. :p The game essentially ran in slow motion, so I was able to very easily dominate the arcade game, and the dishwasher puzzle, etc... (the dishwasher puzzle still took me until the last second, but all the other puzzles/games were finished with massive time to spare. I had to intentionally kill myself in the video game after awhile.)

Last edited:

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
I am still enjoying the game. I don't understand the complaints about the lack of sex. He has banged everybody but his daughter (what a change from blue balls) and he has showered and ejaculated on her. Much faster paced than dating my daughter.
Not every girl if i remeber correct there is that hot chick with hat but maybe gone fuck her in later chapters.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017

But @Penfold Mole is correct in stating that they're also now obsolete as the free standalone versions have been released.

As one of those ignored Linux users, I can tell you that the web based versions aren't without their own problems. The Chrome version runs like garbage. The Firefox version also tends to have issues (opening animation doesn't load so the game won't start unless you hit ESC to skip it... which I discovered by accident in a fit of frustration), but is at least playable once you get over those hurdles. But none run as well as native versions, which are always preferable.

And just to note, almost all Ren'Py games come with native Linux support "out of the box". ;) And those that don't, for some odd reason, can almost always be easily patched by copying over the lib/ folder and launch script from a game that does and simply renaming the lib and launch script to the name of the game.

For us, who are used to being ignored by folks looking to only serve the "bigger market", we're generally happy for any support, even if it's not perfect. If we're running Linux, we're usually smart enough to work around the rough edges, or provide a bug report for a simple fix.

Humorously I was able to solve some of these games more easily BECAUSE of the garbage performance on Chrome when I was first forced to play the web version due to lack of native support. :p The game essentially ran in slow motion, so I was able to very easily dominate the arcade game, and the dishwasher puzzle, etc... (the dishwasher puzzle still took me until the last second, but all the other puzzles/games were finished with massive time to spare. I had to intentionally kill myself in the video game after awhile.)
I'm not ignoring Linux users. I use Linux by myself and I always help users who send me emails asking for help. I even did some tweaks in code to solve specific Ubuntu weirdos. If the game is running in "slow-motion" in Chrome for you, you probably already know you have a 3D acceleration driver issue so Chrome WebGL isn't fully operative. About the "hang" due to the intro video in Firefox: thanks for letting me know! I'll take a look at the code and see if I can improve it to avoid these kind of situations. I never experienced that problem by myself yet.

As for native version request for Linux: It is on my list, but only after the game is completed. I unfortunately don't have the time to take care of HTML5 + Windows + Mac + Linux builds at the same time.

bagodoughnuts

Jan 7, 2018
I did 1-3 off line and 4&5 online. To do 6 offline do I need to replay 4&5 off line?
Is there a way to enter 4&5 saves from another source so I don’t have to replay for 2 hours? Not really computer savvy, but learning.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
I did 1-3 off line and 4&5 online. To do 6 offline do I need to replay 4&5 off line?
Is there a way to enter 4&5 saves from another source so I don’t have to replay for 2 hours? Not really computer savvy, but learning.
Not at the moment, but there is no need to waste two hours replaying them. You can use the "Skip" button to finish each chapter in a couple of minutes.

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
I like it, it is a slow burn story.
looking forward to more, is there an idea of how many chapters there will be when it is complete?
Also I saw asked prior, but never saw an answer.
When complete will it be released as one large file? or will there be an ability to play it as one game rather than individual ones?

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I can confirm that the online version is performing perfectly in Firefox Quantum (v59.0.2) Canonical build and Google Chrome (v50.0.x) on an old PC with Intel i5-2400 CPU with integrated Intel HD Graphics 2000 controller and an old Kubuntu 14.04 LTS. Very smooth. Including the spash animation video in the beginning. No issues whatsoever.

In case anyone is experiencing choppy image or cursor movements or poor video perfomance, then there's something wrong with the graphics acceleration or browser. I mean, the graphics controller on the aforementioned PC is just a very basic office PC graphics controller with quite poor general perfomance. And the game is running smoothly on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricky | Love-Joint

TNT3

Sep 1, 2017
hi being new to this game and it looks great by the way is there a list of thing to do or see or a walkthrough so as not to miss anything thank you in advance

RKO

Mar 7, 2018
I played this series yesterday the frst time. Now I need help.
1. Who has only the pictures? Or how can I decode it myself?
2. I cant play chapter 4. Although I played 1-3. Is there something to consider?
3. I saw there is a cheat input box, but where are the cheat passwords?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I played this series yesterday the frst time. Now I need help.
1. Who has only the pictures? Or how can I decode it myself?
Krull shared CG links on pg 82 and 88. I'm not sure about how to extract them. Haven't tried myself.
2. I cant play chapter 4. Although I played 1-3. Is there something to consider?
For starters - did you play the online or offline version?
If you played online version, then make a backup after finishing a chapter (or even before that, but always after finishing one) and when you start a new chapter, try to import that backup if the game says that you haven't played it. Don't try to mix online and offline versions.
3. I saw there is a cheat input box, but where are the cheat passwords?
I haven't used any, don't know any. You can try to search this thread for them or check out Palmer's blog comments at love-joint.com

RKO

Mar 7, 2018
Krull shared CG links on pg 82 and 88. I'm not sure about how to extract them. Haven't tried myself.

For starters - did you play the online or offline version?
If you played online version, then make a backup after finishing a chapter (or even before that, but always after finishing one) and when you start a new chapter, try to import that backup if the game says that you haven't played it. Don't try to mix online and offline versions.

I haven't used any, don't know any. You can try to search this thread for them or check out Palmer's blog comments at love-joint.com
Thank you for your answer.
I download every chapter on the 1 page on this site (cracked version). Dont know if some of them are offline or online.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes