1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[VN] [Others] Daughter For Dessert [Ch. 06] [Palmer]

Discussion in 'Games' started by 7767, Sep 26, 2017.

[VN] [Others] Daughter For Dessert [Ch. 06] [Palmer] 4.6 5 21votes
4.6/5, 21 votes

1. Thread
  2. Reviews (21)
  1. MrKnobb

MrKnobb Active Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I don't always understand it myself... Patreon is for me, a site where one can sponsor or give someone money cause you want to... that is it. I sponsor a few devs what i can cause i really like their work, i still play the free version.

Palmer likes this.
  2. Burt

Burt Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    MrKnobb yep I sponsor buy more than most and am not opposed to anything on this site either but I am now way off topic so I apologies to the Mods/Devs in advance

MrKnobb likes this.
  3. phreadom

phreadom Member

Sep 2, 2017
    That's called quote mining.

Please Log in / Register to view this link

It was very clear what I meant from the following sentences that you removed that sentence from in order to make it look like I meant something other than what I clearly meant. In that the point wasn't MERELY about earning money, but about the ways in which you negatively impacted your userbase in order to try to maximize your earnings. It was THAT point which was the key point being discussed. The fact that you could still earn money in a way that didn't involve so much confusion and user frustration due to incompatible versions, etc.

You have to either be intentionally dishonest here, or just stupid to try acting like it wasn't perfectly clear what I meant. I'll show you the courtesy of just calling you a liar, as I don't think you're that stupid. You're just unethical and intellectually dishonest.

I'm done discussing this with you and am now removing my patronage as you don't deserve it.

Again, good day.

coolboy88 and Burt like this.
  4. Palmer

Palmer Member Game Developer

Sep 26, 2017
    Nah, you said we were greedy. I think releasing all of our games for free kind of disproves that, however you're trying to now spin that :) You're changing the "key point" being discussed with every post you make and with your post-edits that you do, so it's kind of hard for me know what we're even discussing anymore. We do not experience much confusion or user frustration, but we can of course definitely always improve and do better than what we are already doing.

Thank you for your F95 patronage and sad to see you go.

5. navhwyissg

navhwyissg New Member

Mar 30, 2018
    chapter 6 is here boys

6. Ignatz

Ignatz Faster than an unladen swallow Donor

Feb 17, 2018
    Do you feel a need to add an insult to your explanation? How did that line help me "grasp" your reply? Mine was a lighthearted comment on an ongoing discussion. I am not responsible for your misperceptions. Focus your indignation elsewhere.

Palmer likes this.
  7. rczdev

rczdev Member

Jul 15, 2017
    We do use Game Maker Studio 2 as a tool, but we did code our own visual novel engine from scratch to fit our needs and use our own custom scripting language on it. Game Maker, Unity, Unreal etc are general game making tool/engines in which you can code what you need. Is not the same as Tyranobuilder or Ren'Py that are specifically visual novel engines with their paradigms and limitations, not general programming products.

These days I was joking with my team mates about how the engine became a monster and I came with these curious numbers:
    - 41,315 lines of code
    - 10 extensions
    - 191 objects
    - 22 rooms
    - 280 script files

I know my engine doesn't has all the features that, for instance, Ren'Py has. But hey, Ren'Py has been in production since 2004... Is an unfair tech comparative (although still valid from the point of view of the raw player of course). I am actively working to make it better and several new features and improvements has been implemented since we release the first chapter of DFD. Is not that easy to develop a custom engine with all the things players want when you have to deal with monthly deploys + maintenance + server + support + meetings + bugs + life. But I'm doing my best.

And yes, we have plans to have an all-in-one build with all chapters once the game is completed. The current distribution method is just the way we found to deal with the monthly releases of an in-production game.

As for the other stuff, I won't share my thoughts here as it involves the Love-Joint team decisions as a whole and I'm not the official spokesman, I am the programmer :)

UncleVT, Thialf, Vibescu and 2 others like this.
  8. Jim Webb

Jim Webb Member

Jun 23, 2017

Ah Ah Ah I've supported many games financially that I've found through this site I never would of heard of them otherwise.

Burt, coolboy88 and phreadom like this.
  9. Jim Webb

Jim Webb Member

Jun 23, 2017
    :tf:Has anyone got any Gasoline? We need to make this thread get lit!!

10. Ignatz

Feb 17, 2018
    Heh. Me too. I was just admiring the irony of discussions about earning money on a site devoted to free downloads. Of course, if no one remembers the movie Enemy Mine, they might not recall the two antagonists became best friends.

Burt and Jim Webb like this.
  11. Jim Webb

Jim Webb Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Cool I've never heard of that movie what about Tango and Cash they became the best bromances I see an similar movie in the making for Palmer and phreadom!!

12. Ignatz

Feb 17, 2018
    Sure, it's that initial dislike before best buddies! Like Nolte and Murphy in 48 Hours. I think we're onto something here.

13. phreadom

phreadom Member

Sep 2, 2017
    @rczdev I appreciate the explanation. :) It was a courteous and informative explanation. Couldn't ask for more.

Same here. Probably not as many as you, but a number of them. I wouldn't have known almost any of the games I've played if not for this site. I only knew of maybe 5 games tops before this outside of R18 patched Steam games like the Winged Cloud series. That got old after awhile and I happened to stumble across Four Elements Trainer. That was mind blowing at the time. But then I found Summertime Saga. That was a whole new world. I avoided the 3D games for awhile as most look simply abominable.... but after finding a few that used a great style some of those have grown on me. I've probably played dozens of games now (well over 100 at a glance), and supported a number of them, and that happened by and large when I stumbled across this site while googling around to find more games like Four Elements Trainer, as clicking around on Patreon after finding FET still wasn't turning up much... The Wind's Disciple, Snow Daze, and a couple of the Akabur type ones (which I avoided because I don't care much for his style) were really about all I'd seen digging around on Patreon until I found this site.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Burt, Jim Webb and rczdev like this.
  14. maksblack1000

maksblack1000 Member

Aug 9, 2017
    who have a walkthrough of this game to unlock the sex scenes?

15. guigo545

guigo545 Active Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Anyone has a walkthrough?

16. geriatre

geriatre Active Member

Aug 22, 2016
    "1.0" can mean major version 1 minor version 0, which would make sense since this would be the first version released.

There's no reliable way to tell how much content a product has based on the version number alone.

Some people release games as 0.1 with tons of stuff while others throw out a 1.0 demo.

You don't even have to give your game a version number, you can just go with plant and animal names, like "Dating My Daughter, version Beet Horse"

17. gahgahz

gahgahz Member

Jul 4, 2017
    anyone got a save from start of ep 5?

18. Krull

Krull Well-Known Member Donor GFX Designer

Feb 2, 2017

Please Log in / Register to view this link

19. coolboy88

coolboy88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2018

20. coolboy88

coolboy88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2018
    I was a big fan of this game but after last few updates, I find this game boring and annoying especially that detective lol. This game is all about talking and less action. Lack of sexual content, Only teaser. I was even considering to become a patreon to access chapter 7 but after seeing few negative reviews about the latest updates, I don't have the plan anymore. I will wait for chapter 8 or 9 if the developer ever change anything and make it more interesting.