RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you consider the DMD time frame (not real world update time) D has gone from shy girl who just met her estranged father to blowing him on public transportation in a very short amount of time.

Reactions: nsj

nsj

May 18, 2018
If you consider the DMD time frame (not real world update time) D has gone from shy girl who just met her estranged father to blowing him on public transportation in a very short amount of time.
Well that is how mostly visual novels work. Their time frame is short and the sexual awakening is fast, when looking at the real time frame. But then again, when you think about it, it's pretty crazy to go on a vacation and everything just as you estranged daughter first came all the way to your country to see you in the first place.

But there has never been an adequate or plausible explanation for her transformation. Many players have just assumed D is REALLY dumb, conveniently ignoring the many instances when she is not.
So, D may as well be a multi-polar freak capable of anything. THIS is the single biggest flaw in DMD. It represents either very bad, or very cynical, writing by the dev-team.
No, it represents most of the male written romance gerne. They are good ar writting the chase, but not on what comes after our the sexual stuff. the chase is what happened in chapter 1, once father stopped monologueing to himself how oeh bad this is ala twillight style. But the chase is over they became kind of oficial bf and gf. And now the romance and sex has to be written, and no continueing the slow build up, at the end of chapter 2 it probably is planned that sex will happen. I do not have huge problems with that, as it's standard. I mostly have problems with plot points that go nowhere really and or that are worthless. Like her being taken by her mother did not amount to anything, but a scenery change basically. Which could have been done with her and Elena running away.
edit: also which controlling mother that bassically took her daughter forcefully back home would allow any contact with the bad influence (Elena), or let them go on a trip instead of being grounded for the next comming months?

K

Kharnadon

I have praised this game for having a good story, but there is one plot hole that did annoy me it is when you see the lawyer and say when D turns 19 she can leave with the MC and that's only 6 months away. Why don't the MC take the job as part time for 6 months let D finish school also getting to know her MC better before moving together this to me was a silly thing to put in because if D and MC love each other 6 months should be nothing compared to spending the rest of your lives together.

Still liked the though :p

Reactions: Engelstein

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
I have praised this game for having a good story, but there is one plot hole that did annoy me it is when you see the lawyer and say when D turns 19 she can leave with the MC and that's only 6 months away. Why don't the MC take the job as part time for 6 months let D finish school also getting to know her MC better before moving together this to me was a silly thing to put in because if D and MC love each other 6 months should be nothing compared to spending the rest of your lives together.

I thought that too.. like, just wait. Have Dad stick around and just chill. But then again, Mother could get her husband to drive MC off from town since he's apparently so influential.

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017

D clearly doesn't want to be there (especially now that she knows Rachel blatantly lied to her about F),
and the MC is in her country at the moment, which is several hours flight away from his own home.

And he still has his apartment back there to consider. Plus if you're on the Georgina or Jennifer paths, there's that as well. He can't just up and leave everything just to wait things out for six months for D to turn 19.
That makes no sense to me at all. I'd want to figure out a way to get her out asap too if I were F!
It would well and truly put an end to things where Rachel (and Brad) wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Just my two cents.

K

Kharnadon

I have a felling that Rachels secret lover is going to be D's ex (unless there is something I missed) E will catch them at it and record it and the MC will use a leverage to get custody.

Prexis

May 10, 2018
Is there any update in progress ? The last is from May 5th.... (?)
Chapter 2 v0.18 is latest version. Since patreon tried to kill this game MrDots has switch to a schedule of releasing every 3 months, with the 2 other months being releases of Melody. Next release should be End of August for DMD.

Reactions: estebu
Jul 3, 2017
Chapter 2 v0.18 is latest version. Since patreon tried to kill this game MrDots has switch to a schedule of releasing every 3 months, with the 2 other months being releases of Melody. Next release should be End of August for DMD.
Is it worth adding a "Next updated expected in/on..." to the OP?

It probably is, not that many will actually read it. Or they will just complain when/if it's late....

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is it worth adding a "Next updated expected in/on..." to the OP?

It probably is, not that many will actually read it. Or they will just complain when/if it's late....
Well, there's supposed to be an official announcement around the end of this month on when v.19 is expected to be released.

Reactions: JJsworld

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I thought that too.. like, just wait. Have Dad stick around and just chill. But then again, Mother could get her husband to drive MC off from town since he's apparently so influential.
Even if F and D ran away together the mother only has control for 6 months, after that point D could call her and tell her to suck it.
And since most places in the Western World consider you an adult at 18 and it would probably take Rachel more than 6 months of litigation to get custody of D all she could really do is be a annoying bitch. Of course if the mother finds out about the sex then its a different story.
So D better get on birth control, because you would think D showing up in court pregnant could be bad for her case. lol

monk61

Dec 4, 2017
I think Dad, the sick bastard all us MC's are, are gonna have to get serious, go back to the carnival and run yer dick thru the cotton candy machine

Reactions: Seriosha

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think Dad, the sick bastard all us MC's are, are gonna have to get serious, go back to the carnival and run yer dick thru the cotton candy machine
If you think about it (as was previously discussed) in a real life setting the father IS a sick bastard. Even considering F had no memories of dearest D as a little kid and only has had a relationship with delightful D since they met as adults.
Who else would think, "Hey this is my long lost daughter!", then "Nice tits! Look at that hot little ass!", then "Man I wanna hit that!", then "Okay! Looks like she's into this.", and then "I'm going to pop my daughter's cherry!"

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Well you do have a point, the game isn't called Banging My Daughter. lol
Sex will happen eventually, keep in mind that the entire scheduled of DMD was upended by Patreon.
This seems to be a trend in the US, let someone start a business then change the rules and regulate the shit out of them till the business fails.
Very sad indeed. I think it is legit to worry about a rushed ending. The few games here that did get finished usually end after the girl loses her v-card, then a brief wrap up. So precedent isn't good, I'd say.

Reactions: Seriosha

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
I think there's plans for more after the cherry pop because wasn't there a setup for a MMF with the black coworker? (I forgot his name)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I think there's plans for more after the cherry pop because wasn't there a setup for a MMF with the black coworker? (I forgot his name)
Martin?

Well, the walkthrough wasn't specific, but it did give you the option to open a MMF route if you accepted Martin's compliment in F's office. So it could either be Martin or Graham (though he didn't seem "interested").

Hopefully not with that pervy bartender.. lol

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
Ugh, I forgot about the peeping bartender. Game does need a DP scene with F, Graham and his D. (I forgot her name too, I'm terrible:()

Reactions: Sycho
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes