Mod Dating my Daughter [v0.12] Ikarumod (v03)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

How will you like the mod

• Just give us everything

Votes: 828 77.5%
  • Just give informations

Votes: 80 7.5%
  • Why do we have to chose ?

Votes: 160 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
I know, i already modded that ;)
I'm modding the ends of the game, got all forks ;)
You'll love it

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hahaha, this is very funny, roulette has number 1-18 19-38!!!!!! Where 37,38 come from???x'D

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
can someone explain to me how to apply the mod
Just read the whole Original Post (OP)

1. Download the 2 files
  2. Extract the RPA extractor to your game directory
  3. Lunch Extract.bat
  4. Then extract the second zip to your game directory too, and replace the file
  5. Lunch the game, have fun

FHDani

Nov 3, 2016
Hello there!
For RPA extract I use this.
Extract this to any folder and open it. So here is the extractor. Copy here ANY RPA file,what you want to extract and while you are in the folder,open CMD. Write this command into the CMD window
For exaple

rpaextractor -x archive.rpa -o Something

Something --- Folder where it will extract your stufs
archive.rpa --- rpa file name

FHDani

Nov 3, 2016
Hello there!
For RPA extract I use this.
Extract this to any folder and open it. So here is the extractor. Copy here ANY RPA file,what you want to extract and while you are in the folder,open CMD. Write this command into the CMD window
For exaple

rpaextractor -x archive.rpa -o Something

Something --- Folder where it will extract your stufs
archive.rpa --- rpa file name
I made 2 pictures,hope it will help and sorry,I'M in hurry..

f95mam

May 26, 2017
you should really check your phrasing
by "game directory" i thought you meant the actual "game" folder lol

edit: or im just really tired

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I put together a simple mod, that 'restores' autosave and quicksave, and also 'restores' rollback options. See link below:

I say 'restore' because that functionality is already ingame, but the appropriate buttons were excluded so that you couldn't access these features.

If I packaged the .7z correctly, you should simply need to drag the game folder contained within the .zip into the extracted DMD 0.10 folder (you did that when you installed Ikaruga's mod). It should automatically place these files in the proper folders.

It does replace two files (/game/gui/config_ground.jpg and /game/screens.rpy, so you may want to back those two files up first.

I did my best to match the game artwork. You can see what was added in the attached screenshot
autosaverollbackmod.jpg

Can somebody test this and see if I did everything right/included everything?

Note: you may want to increase the autosave frequency in the config.py file. It's currently set at 200. Look for these lines (note that I changed 200 to 10, that sounded about right to me, might be too low, haven't double checked the autosave frequency ingame yet):

# How often do we autosave. (Number of interactions, sort of.)
autosave_frequency = int(os.environ.get("RENPY_AUTOSAVE_FREQUENCY", "10"))
While you are tinkering with config.py, you may want to double check this:
# Should rollback_side be enabled?
enable_rollback_side = True
And this (set hard_rollback to whatever you think is appropriate. 100 may be default).
# The maximum number of steps the user can rollback the game,
# interactively.
hard_rollback_limit = 100

Note: Updated Information on this mod, with updated features, can now be found in this thread:

@ Ikaruga

If you like this (assuming that everything works properly), feel free to include this in your mod!

Edit: I created a separate thread for this mod, so added a link to that thread, and crossed out the relevant text that is now talked about in the new thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: seden

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks!

BTW, the quicksave 'page' is really just another page to save stuff on (at least that's what it seems like to me). I've been looking into assigning a hotkey to allow you to quicksave ingame without pulling up a menu, bumping the quicksave slots similarly to how autosave works, but python isn't my jam so it's hurting my brain.

Also, setting autosave frequency to 10 seems a little excessive/too frequent, so I'm trying 20 now...

And FYI, the 'rollback' feature in DMD (for those that might not be aware) is set up to only take you as far back the previous dialogue choice, should that appear before you hit your rollback limit. One you've entered a dialogue choice instance, you can't roll back from there. It'd be nice if you could go back one or two farther (in case you were rapidly skipping through dialogue and missed something), but at least the restored autosave feature may help you out there, assuming that you haven't had a lot of basic dialogue instances since that choice was made.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes