Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

BellNL

Jul 29, 2018
yea also 5 dollars a month seems a bit steep for just DMD part2...

I would consider doing it as a once off but actually having to subscribe for a year to get each update until DMD is finished is f*cking crazy. thats 60 dollars for 80 changes. thats nuts.

Reactions: Echoic and Tisi

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
It appears that I can only download it if I pay you $5/mo on Patreon? Must be the most amazing mod ever. Congrats.

Reactions: Echoic

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Lure people in with free part 1, then make a locked part 2, lmao n1
But the chapter 1 mod has been on here for almost two weeks, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If you think working hard on something for a long time then giving it away for free like I did for the chapter 1 mod is a bad thing though, I can delete it if that's what people want.

I would consider doing it as a once off but actually having to subscribe for a year to get each update until DMD is finished is f*cking crazy.
You forgot that DMD only gets updated 4 times a year though so if this is the only mod you want, then it'd only be 4 times. But it also comes with a lot of other mods and I'm adding more. You can check out my page to see everything else I've made.

Last edited:

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
It appears that I can only download it if I pay you $5/mo on Patreon? Must be the most amazing mod ever. Congrats.
Missed the couple comments above. I sponsor a bunch of folks on Patreon - like I said, this has got to be an amazing mod. I think Netflix is only $5 more a month. Let's compare value.

Reactions: Echoic

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
But the chapter 1 mod has been on here for almost two weeks, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If you think working hard on something for a long time then giving it away for free like I did for the chapter 1 mod is a bad thing though, I can delete it if that's what people want.

You forgot that DMD only gets updated 4 times a year though so if this is the only mod you want, then it'd only be 4 times. But it also comes with a lot of other mods and I'm adding more. You can check out my page to see everything else I've made.

Thanks. It appears your dabuzzkiller t-shirts are all about $40, they must be the most amazing t-shirts ever. Congrats.
haha - good one. I apologize for coming across like a jerk. Just dissapointed that I couldn't try the mod. I like to do a test drive before signing a lease, but no big.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
haha - good one. I apologize for coming across like a jerk. Just dissapointed that I couldn't try the mod. I like to do a test drive before signing a lease, but no big.
No problem, I get a lot of mean comments so I was just assuming you were being sarcastic so my bad too aha. You can download the mod for chapter 1 if you want, but if you've already played chapter 1 I don't think it's really worth the time to replay though.

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018
No problem, I get a lot of mean comments so I was just assuming you were being sarcastic so my bad too aha. You can download the mod for chapter 1 if you want, but if you've already played chapter 1 I don't think it's really worth the time to replay though.
cool. Yeah, I wish I did try for chapter 1. I assume you have a following, which is great. In all seriousness, I wish you much success. I would love to see coding mods a viable way to make a living.

BTW, I think you must checked out a hoodie, not a t-shirt...they are super high-quality, but $40 a bit pricey for a tee, so gotta file a edit. :)

Reactions: Maid Lain

fuzzyballz

Nov 29, 2018
On another note @Maim Lain I tried to launch Ch2 after copying the "game" folder from Ch2 Mod over to the main game folder and the following error occurred. Do you know how I can fix it, and why it's happening?

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load file E:\Torrent\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.19-pc/game/ch2_day0.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Torrent\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.19-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Torrent\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.19-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\Torrent\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.19-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\Torrent\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.19-pc\renpy\script.py", line 749, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn)
Exception: Could not load file E:\Torrent\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.19-pc/game/ch2_day0.rpyc.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
On another note @Maim Lain I tried to launch Ch2 after copying the "game" folder from Ch2 Mod over to the main game folder and the following error occurred. Do you know how I can fix it, and why it's happening?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not really sure if this is your problem but it looks as if you haven't updated to the latest version of DMD
DMD Chapter 2 is at version 0.20 now it seems as though you have 0.19

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Thank you for your efforts @Maim Lain you have my support and gratitude. The mod made the game more enjoyable.
Thanks! And yep Hones is right, the new update was released yesterday and it looks like you're using the old version. v0.20 is the new update.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
scam we paid $ 5 and we can not download the file, you are a thief
Your card was declined or you signed up and tried to immediately cancel your payment. Either way, your card was never charged and you never paid $5. I think you live in Portugal or Brazil if I'm not mistaken, so your card was probably declined.

Last edited:

krollmeister

Aug 9, 2017
my only issue with the chapter 1 mod was that rejecting Elena in the café(was going for a daughter-only route) didn't seem to do anything, the game still went on as if id accepted her advances. is that supposed to happen or did I just not do something right?

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
my only issue with the chapter 1 mod was that rejecting Elena in the café(was going for a daughter-only route) didn't seem to do anything, the game still went on as if id accepted her advances. is that supposed to happen or did I just not do something right?
Ah, at one point in the game I had to turn on Elena's path even if you rejected her, and a couple scenes of Elena will always play regardless if you have her path on or off, so sorry about that. I forget at what point her path gets turned on again, but you can click the image of the daughter in the top right and set Elena's path to off again. You'll still always get all the content/scenes from the daughter only route though even if you don't do a daughter only route.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes