Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@Jeff Steel I'm nearly to the end of the latest update and I must say, "nicely done" in regards to the law that the lawyer informed F and D about. Well played, sir, well played.
Thanks, my friend. As an attorney, the concept of “reactionary laws” made this a plausible concept. In addition, we had a writer discussion in the similarity between “Rachel” and “Mrs. Robinson” from The Graduate. — A prima facie winning case for MC and D was also important, because I didn’t want the story to get bogged down in the details of the “escape from Rachel” since that would slow the story down and pull from the more important story bits: relationship building among characters, the expansion of D’s personal agency, and the expansion of D’s sexual experiences.

Reactions: OzBrit and RustyV

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
Did any of you played Daughter for Dessert? if so, is that any good, should I try it?
I mean if I love DMD, will DFD be any decent?

Reactions: Endrju

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
living with mia/my sister mia has sexscenes with sister (and others) and later few with mommy dearest, good graphics but downside is that 16-32 GB ram is kinda must since stuffs loaded to memory aren't unloaded which leads to crashes (on 1.3 onwards).

BigDDom

Jul 21, 2018
Hi Anyone else having this problem - I can't save progress. I have gone back and trimmed older saves as I thought maybe there was a finite number of saves the game allowed, I have deleted older files and consolidated ALL saves in latest (V20) game and deleted even more saves but still the game crashes everytime I try to make a save. :(

The Error report follows - Anyone help ??

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "game/screens.rpy", line 282, in __call__
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while pickling an object

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 882, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3467, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 995, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 995, in event
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 241, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 241, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 907, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 842, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 282, in __call__
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 404, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "F:\Martin Stuff\Downloads\saves\AIF Games - Emily\DMD\DMD.CH2-0.20-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 48, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while pickling an object

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
DMD Chapter 2 0.20
Sat Dec 08 17:47:55 2018
That seems to be a bug that appears the further you get into the game. Try typing sys.setrecursionlimit(2000) in the console prior to saving. I even had to bump the number up to 3000 by the end of the game.

Reactions: OzBrit

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
That seems to be a bug that appears the further you get into the game. Try typing sys.setrecursionlimit(2000) in the console prior to saving. I even had to bump the number up to 3000 by the end of the game.
Thanks - Appreciate your help - I have no idea how to do that though - are you saying to open game load file then type "sys.setrecursionlimit(2000)" or is there a command I am missing prior to this to get to a game based or Dos command or something??

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Know about them yes, know how to use them, no, never figured it out.
Not so hard, just select "spoiler" from the menu, then name it and lastly enter your text, pic... etc in the middle, after the name of the spoiler. ;)
Head to the 'Insert' menu on the right of the smileys then to the 'Spoiler' menu or put in [spoiler']enter your text in here[/spoiler'] (Remove the ' at the end of the spoiler to get it to work. I had to put them in to show you how to use it) :)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
10 days after release and you ask for spoiler tags?

Stay out of the thread if you are so concerned
So true! We will still spoiler her popped cherry at least until midth of next year because someone didn't play ch.2 until then?!

If I would write something about the fantastic ending of Infinity War and what Thanos did, that has to be simply put in spoiler tags, don't get me wrong.
But spoiler tags for a common knowledge in a discussion thread about this certain topic is quite ridiculous!

BigDDom

Jul 21, 2018
Thanks - Appreciate your help - I have no idea how to do that though - are you saying to open game load file then type "sys.setrecursionlimit(2000)" or is there a command I am missing prior to this to get to a game based or Dos command or something??
Basically if you want to save and the error pops up just hit rollback, then press Shift+O to open up the console and type that command in. If the console doesn't open then you need to first enable it. Just google how to enable renpy console. Once you input the command try and save the game. If the error still appears just change the 2000 to a larger number. Also as an FYI the command only works while the game is open. If you close the game and open it again you will have to enter the command again after you load a save.

Reactions: OzBrit
3.80 star(s) 319 Votes