Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I hope he turns evil at the end and brags to his ex-wife that he brainwashed their daughter into being his wife
After Rachel has lost everything.. ;)

Though I don't see that happening (F bragging to Rachel). He's trying to do this without her blessing (so far as we know). Not to mention, should F and Rachel end up in court to fight for custody, having him bragging in any way would most certainly go against him and he'd most likely lose D for good.

Just my two wooden nickles..

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not nit-picking,... But "M" does not necessarily relate to Rachel, especially considering there is a Margo, Maria, and Martin in the game.
Sure, that's fine. I was typing fast and briefly realized I wasn't aware of a shorthand for Rachel, but figured it might be obvious that "M" = "Mother" from my context, so threw it out there while thinking of a larger point to offer. It wasn't intended to define a new representation for Rachel, though.

As for the "non-starter" point, I was simply offering that there are parallels that can be identified for some players of this game, IMHO - in this case, I perceived that as adding an element of emotional familiarity to the game, helping to up the entertainment value.

Reactions: virtuvoid

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
For anybody who doesn't know DMD doesn't use Patreon to fund the continuation of the game. If you want to see it continue please use the option "buy me a coffee"

Keep DMD going, I know they probably don't care but I really hope DMD turns into the game Patreon couldn't kill.

Mar 7, 2018
For anybody who doesn't know DMD doesn't use Patreon to fund the continuation of the game. If you want to see it continue please use the option "buy me a coffee"

Keep DMD going, I know they probably don't care but I really hope DMD turns into the game Patreon couldn't kill.
Fully agree, now Mrdots has said they will finish no matter what, but I saw earlier that loads of people were buying coffee ;) so they get alot of money from that. Now I think it is a bit unfair treatment of DMD, we should have it 1 month Melody next month DMD etc. :D But I guess they are afraid of losing Patreons that way maybe... they know the DMD fans are loyal :winkytongue:

Reactions: T-dog

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
I saw earlier that loads of people were buying coffee ;) so they get alot of money from that.
My guess is that the coffees don't amount to much of his income. By employing the highly scientific Stetson-method (i.e. I pulled it out of a hat) the reasons he won't abandon DmD are:

1. He really doesn't want to. It's his first game and it's important to him. He seemed to take all the BS with Patreon quite personally and won't give up now.

2. A lot of his Patrons are supporting Melody in name only. If DmD wasn't a part of the deal my guesstimate is that anything from 40% to 80% of Patrons would leave. That's a lot of money. Like you said:

But I guess they are afraid of losing Patreons that way maybe... they know the DMD fans are loyal :winkytongue:
3. A reputation as someone who doesn't finish his projects is really toxic for a developer and would drive away a lot of potential Patrons/customers in the future. However, if DmD gets finished even with all the difficulties and drop in revenue, he could earn a lot of respect and trust. Becoming that one Magical Unicorn™ and the Saviour of all Adult Game Devs© (Hallelujah!) would mean more customers in the future and therefore more money again. Depends a lot on how long-term he is thinking about this.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I just found a GREAT way F and D can slip out of Donutistan without anybody noticing...

If it could work on those cans, surely it can work for F and D. :D
Nah man, I tried that stuff before. It tasted horrible. it put me in the hospital for a week. The doctors tried figuring out what caused it but they couldn't SEE the problem. ~bu dum tsss~

Reactions: Sycho

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The similarity to RL is very shallow. The players WANT to believe that these games are at least semi-plausible. They're not. . . .
I never asserted that this game represented plausible, real life situations, so I find your point misguided.

Perhaps you have a position to prove on this in a more general sense, but I was only noting that the parallels to how intimacy in a relationship accelerates as soon as the physical contact genie is loosed from the bottle is reminiscent of real life experiences, IMHO.

That's only one aspect of the game ... addressing the suddenly faster pacing of sexual acts and openly stated longings during the infatuation stage of a relationship. That parallelism with thematic aspects of some real-life relationships could help to further suspend disbelief during the play of an otherwise unrealistic game, allowing the gamer an opportunity to deepen their involvement with the storyline. And, nothing more.

I have not seen anybody claiming that this game accurately represents real life relationships from beginning towards imagined end, so again, perhaps you are trying to make a case against some strawman in this thread which I have not seen? It's hopefully obvious that II would agree with such a point, btw.

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
there is no textbox.png, young padawan
some code you must add
Code:
init:
    $ style.window.background = "#00000020"
number is html color code + opacity value
AHAHA omg This is one of the BEST online comunities i have ever seen, everyone is soo nice and helping each other. We should be at the head of the countries and there would be never war. Sure there would be other things but still... Cant winn em all eii

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm not knocking anybody's belief system as far as DMD is concerned. Everyone has their own personal take on the game (fantasy vs reality) and that's cool. So a difference of opinion is welcomed regardless how far-fetched it may sound, IMHO. We see what we want to see which is why there are many different views on what we would all like to see happen in the game.

Though, I digress, for me, this game couldn't be more personal if MrDots and his development team hadn't tried... Without going into a TL;DR story from my own personal experience some 25+ years ago (I'm 49 now), it had more an impact on me that I imagined. Suffice it to say, some of what happened in the game happened in RL as well. That is to say, some aspects of the game mirrored what I went through.. the hell, the struggle, the lying and conniving, the deceit, the back stabbing and the helpless feeling you get because you have no one to turn to for moral support and finally in the end get what you fought so hard for and losing a lot along the way.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I REALLY do like D's eyes best. I'm an ass man and her boobs really are "slightly" too big.
Visually, what sets DMD as special (Dreams of Desire as well) is that each character's eyes are truly beautiful.
But it was D's eyes that first attracted me, and has held me, to this game...
I gotta admit, her eyes are magnetic.

Reactions: virtuvoid

Red469

May 18, 2018
Yeah, and those "other eyes" too. :D

And I agree with F (from the hospital scene). HELL NO on the augmentation. D's baby feeders are just perfect. lol
I have to agree as well... her eyes and breasts Really Are PERFECT...

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
When I was a child, it was common for a young mother to openly (sitting alone, head bowed, not conversational) breast-feed her infant. Baby-food, indeed!
I wanted to see and touch the parts of female bodies that remained hidden. A few decades later, boobs are still far down my to-do list. I do make a huge exception for prominent, and sensitive, nipples!
D need to wear something so we can see POKIES!!! :D Don't we get any love?

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
When I was a child, it was common for a young mother to openly (sitting alone, head bowed, not conversational) breast-feed her infant. Baby-food, indeed!
I wanted to see and touch the parts of female bodies that remained hidden. A few decades later, boobs are still far down my to-do list. I do make a huge exception for prominent, and sensitive, nipples!
already as a child you were the little pervert you are today, eh?

Reactions: asgardtipar

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yup! Went around openly sniffing chairs that any female bottoms had just recently vacated, too.
Of the many, many interests I've taken up, then discontinued, in my life, being a pervert was ALWAYS a must...
A "pervert" is if you're starting out. Methinks you've graduated to "provert" (as in professional pervert). I too am also a card carrying member. :)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
That scene where she fell into the fountain. F helped her to her feet. Pokie Paradise...
Not really much in the way of rock hard nips that can cut glass in that scene, but most definitely a great wet T shirt shot! :)

THAT'S the shot I was looking for.. Nips that can cut glass and a face that can melt the coldest of hearts..

Reactions: RustyV

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017

It feels like this game is close to being finished

We are already on third base with D not much further to go with that

E has presumably found out about the current relationship between F and D

We found out that EX is banging some dude on the side so that will be our proof to get D back from her.

Shit be ending

My wish for an ending would be a gangbang between F,J,E,and D.

3.80 star(s) 320 Votes