Johnny-Doe

Her Sugar™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
The photo shoot above is along every path. Elena of course is in the next release, but, when compared to the last release, the focus will shift MUCH more toward F/D, and Elena will be reduced. Sorry super Elena fans!
You just made my day ~ !
More Dee less Elena thank you.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The photo shoot above is along every path. Elena of course is in the next release, but, when compared to the last release, the focus will shift MUCH more toward F/D, and Elena will be reduced. Sorry super Elena fans!
OK,that is strange.The day MC will spend with Elena will have less Elena?

Aioden

Aug 27, 2018
ok. i realy need help since i dont understand what i do wrong. i have set up settings all in favour for D, i followed walkthrouth but i have game ending in hotel when Elena wakes up and find me in bed with D. whats the crucial point to avoid it?
you cant avoid it. It happens no matter what choices you make, the only difference is if you are also in a relationship with Elena, or if Elena and D are playing together, Elena views what she saw differently.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
OK,that is strange.The day MC will spend with Elena will have less Elena?
Are you referring to Elena’s statement - “hey, I’ll let you have him now, but then I get him to myself” - D “why to yourself?” - E “you know, so I can work out your issues with him.”

I think that dialogue happened in the last release. Is that what you are referring to?

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Can anyone share a save package from version 0.1 to 14.5?
pack with the best scenes saved
I lost all my saves from version 0.1 to 14.5 :'(

megacct

May 15, 2017
One of the better Ren'py games in terms of dialogue, and takes a satisfyingly realistic amount of time to "get there", which is unique in a sea of "hey mom wanna bang lol" "okay son you've convinced me" titles.

Modeling, unfortunately, I feel is a bit lazy. One of the biggest characters is literally just the stock Daz Genesis 3 model with a bit of morphing to make her skinny.

I suppose with so many renders it must be hard to prioritize that, just some thoughts.
Agreed – many may complain about the slow burn, but I think it's great because that's how I imagine it would be were this really happening, but – for a while I've wished the character models/figures were.. better, more realistic. It's especially noticeable when jumping back and forth between DMD and Melody, where I believe Mr. Dots' artistry took good steps foward.

This is a topic which has been discussed before.. the characters in DMD were created quite a while ago (mid-late 2016?), with older versions of assets & DAZ than what is available today. I think it was said that it's not possible to improve the asset w/o scrapping it and upgrading to another, but changing the physical appearance of a beloved character this far along in the story would be quite jarring for users.

Maybe renderings could be remastered with more-modern figure assets when the game is finished? Even that would be asking a lot – at this point there are likely thousands of renderings/poses that would have to be re-done. I've no experience with DAZ, but imagine it's not as simple as upgrading what Genesis (et al) model is plugged into your scene.. you'd then likely have to reconsider clothing and how it conforms to figures, hair clipping, lighting, camera angles, and so on. It's no small task.

So, what does that leave us? Story. And so long as they focus on maintaining/improving the quality of this story we're on, I'm in, because that's what I'm here for.

Just my two cents.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Don't loo at the DMD page...Look at the Mr. Dots page and read. PayPal owns Patreon and placed the rules in place for removal of certain content games...If you actually go back a few hundred pages, this was all discussed before
Yeah, we're all very well aware of that history, thanks.

But, that wasn't even the point you were making - you made some weird connection with Paypal and Patreon in managing MrDots' content off-site of Patreon, it seemed. I am willing to bet a reasonable sum of money that Patreon is not monitoring MrDots' off-site activities and that the use of Paypal by HumbleBundle has no connection with Patreon's desire to monitor MrDots or not. Why would Patreon go to such lengths when MrDots is already bringing in paying supporters for Melody, which they apparently find acceptable?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Agreed – many may complain about the slow burn, but I think it's great because that's how I imagine it would be were this really happening, but – for a while I've wished the character models/figures were.. better, more realistic. It's especially noticeable when jumping back and forth between DMD and Melody, where I believe Mr. Dots' artistry took good steps foward.

This is a topic which has been discussed before.. the characters in DMD were created quite a while ago (mid-late 2016?), with older versions of assets & DAZ than what is available today. I think it was said that it's not possible to improve the asset w/o scrapping it and upgrading to another, but changing the physical appearance of a beloved character this far along in the story would be quite jarring for users.
It's interesting: I decided to go back and create a new set of saves for Chapter 1 recently, instantly noticing the modeling+posing differences compared to the evolution we've seen in Melody thus far. At first it was obvious . . . but as I played deeper into the story, that all went away and I was swept up in the fantasy relationship(s) again.

Agreed that if the 3D assets or rendering were markedly changed in DMD for potentially improved effects, we'd all notice and possibly get caught up in what was superficially unfamiliar + new (without being part of the storyline) from our well-known characters.

Reactions: megacct

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Are they paying someone to monitor MrDots specifically? Probably not. Would they respond to complaints that an artist on their platform was violating their ToS? We've seen them do so.
If someone was cranky enough to submit a complaint to Patreon that DMD was being surreptitiously funded by MrDots' Patreon channel - which currently advertises only Melody game support - then I'd imagine there would need to be some open analysis of where the funding has flowed. MrDots clearly advertises a different funding path for DMD and I think Patreon would have a difficult time finding a smoking gun of Patreon money being siphoned off to buttress DMD's existence, if such evidence exists.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
"F" as in the MC? If so, that probably matches my previously stated expectations that they are going for a serious heart and body melding, but I'd still expect Elena to be involved in a manner which either helps get at the dirt they need on D's mother or (for one reason or another) Elena's picture is seen by the wrong pair of eyes.

That is, unless you say otherwise ... *hint* *hint*

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Are you referring to Elena’s statement - “hey, I’ll let you have him now, but then I get him to myself” - D “why to yourself?” - E “you know, so I can work out your issues with him.”

I think that dialogue happened in the last release. Is that what you are referring to?
Yeah that dialog states that Elena expects 1 on 1 time sexy with F the next day

E- But if I do this for you I need you to do something for me as well.
D -Sure name it!
E -I want you to let me spend some time of my own with <> too
D -(What?)
D -Huh? Why would you want to do that?
E- So I can learn more about him, which I think will help you both in your relationship
E- ( I hate lying to D but I still want to have some fun with F as well why should I miss out)
A- How about you hang out with F tomorrow after we get back home?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

I am talking about this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ZedTheZedder

Apr 8, 2018
Hey guys! can someone give me a day 10 save file? i only saved after it so i am getting a game over, when Jacob attacks the daughter.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
EB262780-723A-4296-91C8-E5B9703A134D.jpeg
I am talking about this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I’m sorry, my friend. Sometimes Rick Blaine wants to get on the train to Marseille with Ilsa Lund, but the Germans march into Paris and Ilsa learns her dead husband is no longer dead...and Rick stands at the doorway of a train car pulling out of the city in the pouring rain.

Events are in motion and you find that sometimes the the desires of one Elena does not amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. But she’ll get her day in the sun - maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day, and for the rest of her life...if you are on the harem path.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
View attachment 173495
I’m sorry, my friend. Sometimes Rick Blaine wants to get on the train to Marseille with Ilsa Lund, but the Germans march into Paris and Ilsa learns her dead husband is no longer dead...and Rick stands at the doorway of a train car pulling out of the city in the pouring rain.

Events are in motion and you find that sometimes the the desires of one Elena does not amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. But she’ll get her day in the sun - maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day, and for the rest of her life...if you are on the harem path.

Reactions: fried and GizmoDuck

yuyu2008

May 17, 2017
Good news : big update for the v0.20.
Bad news : last update for this year :
DMD v0.20 release date and new previews
We’ve set the release date for DMD v.20, which will be Friday, November 30th. We are working hard to see if we can release the game on November 24th, but for now, we’ll stick to the first date as to make sure that the update isn’t rushed, and we can include as much content as possible.

Plus, we’re well aware that this will be the last update of DMD for 2018, so we really want to go out on a high!

IMPORTANT: A LOT of important moments will happen in this update. So, make sure to tell everyone whom has an interest in DMD, that they definitely don’t want to miss this forthcoming release!

Reactions: flanby
3.80 star(s) 319 Votes