RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you want a game with sex scenes and very little plot there are many of them out there. Leaf on Fire is a good example, the art work is first rate and the main character has a personality, but the game is basically a hot blonde girl captures pokemon monsters and has sex with them. Each update for the most part is just what new creature will Leaf fuck. It's a fun game but there is no emotional connection like DMD generates.

Reactions: fried

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
If you want a game with sex scenes and very little plot there are many of them out there. Leaf on Fire is a good example, the art work is first rate and the main character has a personality, but the game is basically a hot blonde girl captures pokemon monsters and has sex with them. Each update for the most part is just what new creature will Leaf fuck. It's a fun game but there is no emotional connection like DMD generates.
Yeah I'm actually more about the story than anything else, sure I appreciate sex, but it's always better when you've connected with the characters, like, you feel a certain type of way about the character the MC (you) is courting. Two people gradually, bit by bit falling for one another. And different kinds of drama that can either ruin them or make their love and relationship stronger. All that kind of stuff just makes it all that all the more special. And especially when the story is so good that it feels like you're right there with the characters, that's a making of a great story :)
And yes, I'm a hopeless romantic type of person, that's why stories like this appeals to me. I also love dark noir thriller crime VNs like Depraved Awakening, that one has it all, same with His Legacy (unfortunately last night that VN got "Abandoned" tag slapped on it :( ), haha :p

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Solved, thanks: it was a problem of maximum save allowance.
This sounds like the same error I mentioned earlier in this thread and reported via the DMD Discord in #bug-reports. I suspected a possible maximum saves being reached, but my symptom is:

• After making a choice for who rides the mechanical bull, I cannot save the game for any step in v0.19 after that point.
  • However, if I load a save from before that point, I can still make multiple saves with no problem.

So, it didn't seem as if I was reaching a maximum save limit. Do you have more information, perhaps?

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
Accurate synopsis of what this game has become. It seems more of us are playing this game to see how the story develops than for gratuitous sex scenes. DMD has become a true VN in that story is as important to the fans as the sex aspects.
Personally, I'm still in it for the gratuitous sex scenes.

enise

Sep 16, 2017
It's obvious that you don't understand the story AT ALL. First of all, the father hasn't failed at all, and secondly, it's the daughter that has the control. The dad isn't putting any pressure on her, he lets her set the pace. And thirdly, it isn't even about sex, it's about their relationship growing stronger and how they overcome the obstacles thrown at them so that they can finally be together without anybody trying to ruin it, least of all Rachel, daughter's mom.
Thanks for your explanation...actualy you didn't get my pov! the author knows after the climax nobody will follow his/her story! So everybody has to wait till he fucks his daughter, right. Everything (fingers, thoung) was in her vagina except his dick!

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Thanks for your explanation...actualy you didn't get my pov! the author knows after the climax nobody will follow his/her story! So everybody has to wait till he fucks his daughter, right. Everything (fingers, thoung) was in her vagina except his dick!
At this point even those people that started following this VN purely for the sex, have gotten used to what this VN and story REALLY is about, they'll stick around, maybe not all but most. And the story won't go on for too much longer, heard from someone that it might go for maybe 6-8 more updates or something like that and then it's done, and Melody will end shortly before that.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
That's not true. For me I can say I will follow the story after popping D's cherry to satisfy my more "extreme" fetishes :heartcoveredeyes: Ooh, look how this puppy has grown, good boy ...

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That's not true. For me I can say I will follow the story after popping D's cherry to satisfy my more "extreme" fetishes :)
Well, I'm definitely staying tuned in just for the story, but even in the more sexual manner, I'll stay tuned in and see if after cherry-popping they'll even get steamier, though doubtful it will get too kinky, well, nothing "extreme", most likely in a certain route it may be threesome (M/F/F) and maybe exhibitionism (which they have already done, you know, oral and groping in public), but that's as far as I see D doing even in her most "corrupt" form. The more extreme fetishes might come with different ladies, Elena might even be into BDSM, kinda get that vibe from her, haha.

Sum FΑggott

Mar 8, 2017
so photoshoot is only on D path? that sucks. doesn't say "D only" in the walkthrough

edit: i tried the D only path and i still didn't see the photoshoot event. is this a bug?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
You're just repeating a doomsday theory, essentially. They've been having all manner of sexual contact for some installments, now - PinV (in the DMD universe) is likely to represent a deepening love/romance that becomes more directly a part of their daily lives, by most guesses. It's not an end to a story, but a launching point for the next part of the story - much of which is still open.

Sure, they could wait for PinV until the end, but that would be more a stylistic choice than anything else and doesn't seem likely given the characters and their thoughts+expressions up to this point.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How do you get the photo shoot with D in the red dress?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
This sounds like the same error I mentioned earlier in this thread and reported via the DMD Discord in #bug-reports. I suspected a possible maximum saves being reached, but my symptom is:

• After making a choice for who rides the mechanical bull, I cannot save the game for any step in v0.19 after that point.
  • However, if I load a save from before that point, I can still make multiple saves with no problem.

So, it didn't seem as if I was reaching a maximum save limit. Do you have more information, perhaps?
Quoting my above post for context and since I have seen a few others mention this same problem in the thread . . .

I experimented with the Ren'Py Save Editor and with the save files, themselves ( located in C:\Users\<Windows ID>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy ) and it seems that only after deleting all auto-<x>-LT1.save files, was then able to save the game beyond the prior error point mentioned above.

Will continue testing to see if that was a complete fix or simply staving off the error until later in the game progression, but this seems positive thus far.

FYI.

Krizalid

Nov 24, 2017
I'm sorry for my stupidity but is the update on the main post a new chapter of the game or just the preview? Because it says "updated 26th august" and on the official site of the game it says "DMD V.19 Image Previews (August 26th, 2018)"

Unk99

Aug 3, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Dating my Daughter Ch.2 v0.19
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )
@bossapplesauce would you be so kind...
Thank you for making it to the Android port.
because I can only use Android ports. because I don't have a home computer.

Reactions: JJsworld

whiteboyyy

Mar 24, 2018
Guys! I'm using the compressed version...Does anybody know why I can't get any of photoshoot scene? I chose yellow color, Stamp 1 and I was on D' path only too. But after mechanical bull ride scene it automatically jump to the last scene in hotel (bedroom). I'm using the compressed version...

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016

I can only report what worked for me, my friend. Here is the solution I found:

Ingame open the console and type in:

import sys
sys.getrecursionlimit()
it should return 1000 (renpy default value)

To increase this value:

sys.setrecursionlimit(n)
n being a higher value like 1500 or 100000.

Reactions: fried
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes