Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

Jeancul

Mar 17, 2017
I don t know if someone need to know that. But a long time ago i read somewhere that Mr.dots use photoshop for finish the render of is image (It is true, i don t know). I just tell that if someone have the idea to have the same render. Maybe check why. So i don t know anymore but i have think is good to share this information here.

Jeancul

Mar 17, 2017
Yeah, that's possible. The only problem when making the characters lighting softer in PS is that it will effect the entire image. The characters have to be composed in DAZ over a pre-rendered background. Rendering out a character in DAZ with transparency and then composting it in PS will give you different results as far as the transition between model and BG is concerned. It looks much more organic when done in DAZ.
This is how I created the 2 images above btw.

This here was lit with HDRI, a mesh sphere for the eye lights and a distant light to soften the shadows.
Personaly i know PS can cosume a lot of time and i never use it. I use LightRoom because is realy good when you work in a serie of pictures taken whit the same light in same condition. Whit LR i can easy chose a preselection to keep the model unchange (or whit some modification if i need) And change the environement whit more/less light or contrast. There is different Tools to get around the model. But you can show here on this video at 0s39 what i mean more easy . Whit LR when you have done the job on a picture after you can use the same options in all the series.

zendrox

Sep 28, 2017
The dark hair & makeup in the promo pics disguise it a bit, but FW Ella HD (Daz 43723 - sorry, can't link yet) might not be a bad baseline to start from.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hey all, I re-read a lot of the thread but didn't see where the main character model was discussed. If it's already listed, can somebody point me to the one with his daz DNA?

If not, any guesses or ideas on what model is used for the main character?

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Well, just depends on how much continuity you want in the fan art ;) I did a mini-fan "thing," a while back (forget exactly where it's posted) and was considering doing another one. But, not really as interested without using something that could pass for "authentic."

What I've tried so far:
New Gens G7 male;
Stock G7 male Aiden model / standard G3 model
G2 male (forget the model I tried) with some manual adjustments.

So far, I don't believe it's one of those specific assets, or I'm setting them up wrong.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Update, seems to be dicktator:

However, I'm still not sure the male model used, given there are some scenes with partial face, stubble, etc, I'm still curious about which Daz model & skin might be used to texture.

If anybody is wondering, I'm reasonably certain Dreams of Desire also uses this same male prop.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Update, seems to be dicktator:

However, I'm still not sure the male model used, given there are some scenes with partial face, stubble, etc, I'm still curious about which Daz model & skin might be used to texture.

If anybody is wondering, I'm reasonably certain Dreams of Desire also uses this same male prop.
Jill,

I don't remember any shots that might reveal the MC model's face. Do you have a good example we can go off of? Besides the penis of course, we've seen lots of that.

And yeah, I'd concur that it's the Dicktator being used.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
The chapter 18 seems to have a few close ups during some of the ... action ...with F and D; it seems he has dark stubble on the face. The default gen 3 male I tried seems to be close for skin, but, the facial scruff looks a bit reddish to me so not a great match for the F in the game.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I haven't been following DMD for a bit now (I still do fan art here and there though), so without examples I can't be of much assistance.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Those are only materials. You need a geoshell or a similar prop, that fits the MATs, first. Like "GoldenPalace", "New Genetials for Victoria 8" or "Genesis 8 Female Genitalia".

Reactions: vivabender

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
@livingskull1 the app is called Daz3d and it's free. Runs best on Windows with a GPU.

They have a lot of included content, tutorials on youtube, etc, if you're computer savvy, the basics are easy to pick up. Four years ago I had never used a 3d animation or rendering tool, then, I found Daz. Fell in love. Now I'm trying to make my hobby of creating adult games something I could use to build a stable business.

Changed my life. I highly recommend if you have an interest or curiosity.

MobiusXTR

Jun 8, 2018
what apps did u use to render those?
Yes, DAZ 3d is a great app to use and, like jillgates says, it's free. How they make their money is through all of the models and tools they sell.
What I like about the app is that it is easy to learn and there are tutorials all over the net if you need any help.

Reactions: livingskull1