Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I kind of learned Daz3D just for this game :) .

Taking the prior work from przewodo, I am still tweaking things - her head needs slight adjustments and so do her hair and skin tones. I am making her butt bigger to match the game, but I think the shape Mr. Dots uses is artificial and would rather keep it like this or at least make it more naturally bigger.

Two different render environments, trying to get the hang of this.
I like the 1st pic the most!

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I like the 1st pic the most!
Thanks! I kind of like hair in the first and skin+clothes in the second, but am still experimenting.

Thinking on the 3D program side for those trying to develop D models...

I am not using typical Daz3D environments or even Iray HDR lighting, but trying out emissive meshes from "primitive" objects (like, planes and spheres) to see what that does for different renderers. So, am learning the program and practicing other 3D concepts for fun. But it seems standard Daz3D lights are being used in the game, so will try that too. What lighting and sets are people using that seems to work out for you? I would be interested to learn what kind of scene is being used for F's apartment and bed.

Also, I am trying to check modelling proportions by measuring RELATIVE size and distance between areas of D's face in the game and comparing that to the G3F model. We don't know what settings are being used by Mr. Dots in his own G3F model of D, but making comparisons of nose size and position to other elements of her face can tell us if our developing model needs to be tweaked or not. Like, if D's tip of her nose in the game is 60% of the distance from middle of her pupil to bottom of her chin, then our model should have the same proportions.

Attached is an early template using przewodo's post as a starting point to make measurements, which have already helped me find what seem to be nose/nostril and face width differences from his great model he shared.

Reactions: Jeancul

przewodo

May 10, 2017
Does any one have the email for contact MrDots? I really need to speach with him! Please send inbox message to me!

przewodo

May 10, 2017
Thanks! I kind of like hair in the first and skin+clothes in the second, but am still experimenting.

Thinking on the 3D program side for those trying to develop D models...

I am not using typical Daz3D environments or even Iray HDR lighting, but trying out emissive meshes from "primitive" objects (like, planes and spheres) to see what that does for different renderers. So, am learning the program and practicing other 3D concepts for fun. But it seems standard Daz3D lights are being used in the game, so will try that too. What lighting and sets are people using that seems to work out for you? I would be interested to learn what kind of scene is being used for F's apartment and bed.

Also, I am trying to check modelling proportions by measuring RELATIVE size and distance between areas of D's face in the game and comparing that to the G3F model. We don't know what settings are being used by Mr. Dots in his own G3F model of D, but making comparisons of nose size and position to other elements of her face can tell us if our developing model needs to be tweaked or not. Like, if D's tip of her nose in the game is 60% of the distance from middle of her pupil to bottom of her chin, then our model should have the same proportions.

Attached is an early template using przewodo's post as a starting point to make measurements, which have already helped me find what seem to be nose/nostril and face width differences from his great model he shared.
Amazing! I´m struggling to make her perfect. What I have sure is that D is a GF3 model with Growing Up morphs , Teen Josie and some other tweaks using other character´s textures. I know that because if you apply her textures to GF3 and set youth morph between 40%~50% you almost get her face. I can assure that he is not using Lilja or Filia because of her nose and body, specially her nose.

Elena and Jenifer are also GF3 Standard (even textures) with just little adjusts. Going with logic, he also may be did her this way.

I´m not at home now, but I will share again my 4th attempt do make her.

sandmansdust

Oct 31, 2017
If anyone is interested in taking DMD commissions, I'm looking to commission some Elena pieces and maybe some D pieces if you model looks close enough. Interested in finding out what you'd charge. Message me. Thanks.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
since i don't think Mr. Dots is here on f95.. will be asking in the in the game thread again as well.. anyone able to help me with and asset's list for Koko, Margo & Cassandra as well as the photo studio stuff?

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Following Rich's Steps on Page two I tried to rebuild D. Not sure whether I followed correctly since I'm new to DAZ and coming from Blender.

I ended up changing some morphs in an attempt to round that jawline.
  • "Face Round" 10% instead of 50%
  • "Face Square" -75% (limits off I think)
  • "Jaw Corner Width" towards negative also helps, but its default in the screenshot
What bugs me the most is the eyebrows. Not sure whether it's the texture or the head-shape over the eyes, but they just don't look like the original. Which then again makes me question whether the materials are actually the right ones because the Eyebrows are baked into "FRLilja_FaceMU08_1001.jpg". hmm

But overall I have the feeling that this route is a deadend. Would love to try out other .duf files.

I will make a new attempt now by following this route (starting with Teen Josie):
What I have sure is that D is a GF3 model with Growing Up morphs , Teen Josie and some other tweaks using other character´s textures. I know that because if you apply her textures to GF3 and set youth morph between 40%~50% you almost get her face. I can assure that he is not using Lilja or Filia because of her nose and body, specially her nose
Overall D is hard to recreate. Damn. Attached .zip contains .duf-file with D from screenshot.

Billy54321

Feb 24, 2018
I was wondering if this game will be finished the only problem i have with the game is that it makes the girls look younger than they are supposed by making them shorter that the adults they are all supposed to be adults

GaretJax

Jun 25, 2017
Rendering questions:

Some of the backgrounds in DMD are straight DAZ assets, but other BG's look like they're clipped together
images, like the park scene when they're playing frisbee.
Does anyone know why MrDots didn't just use DAZ assets for that, and how he may have created those BG's
so that they fit the cameras perspective?
Rendering times are obviously an issue, so keeping the BG geometry simple is really important.
But I can't figure out how those non DAZ BG's are created.
The characters are probably to 90% composited over an environment BG to keep render times low.
But even rendering just the character over a BG takes several minutes on a dual 1080 rig.
The more I look into this, the more respect I have for the DMD dev team.

And secondly - how did he manage to light D so evenly and flat?
Putting 3 mesh lights (just outside of the cameras view) around her works OK, but it's not as even as what I
see in DMD's renders. I wonder if this is mostly done in Photoshop? Which would be a lot of work, considering
how many images are in DMD.

Any thoughts?

Here is a sample of my renders:
They're probably using HDR images projected on a sphere for lighting the characters. Some of the backgrounds, especially outdoors, may be mocked up and rendered with other 3D software (like Carrara 8) with the same camera angle. Then the camera setup is exported to/duplicated inside DAZ for the addition of rendered characters which are used to make a composite image with the pre rendered background.

Reactions: Mt78 and DrGonzo