Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

panzerj

Jun 9, 2021
Not one to turn down a challenge. The idea that G8 clothes don't fit on a G3 bugged me, so... after some experimentation I managed to fit a G8 necklace, G8 dress and G8 high heels, all of which would not autofit, to my G3 model, and it didn't take me much time either. Here is the result...

View attachment 2880702

To do this...
- make sure NOTHING is selected in the scene
- load in your G8 clothes, again, DO NOT select the G3F, you don't want them to auto fit!
- Now select the clothing you wish to fit
- Right click the Scene tab and select EDIT and then Scene Identification (it should be the only selection with an icon next to it)
- Select Preferred Base and change it to /Genesis 3/Female. Note, that option will probably not be there, you will need to click the ... and add it.
- Now right click your clothing and select Fit To.... and it should fit to the character.

I spent my weekend runnin into the autofit thing...

Reactions: Night Hacker

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Not one to turn down a challenge. The idea that G8 clothes don't fit on a G3 bugged me, so... after some experimentation I managed to fit a G8 necklace, G8 dress and G8 high heels, all of which would not autofit, to my G3 model, and it didn't take me much time either. Here is the result...

View attachment 2880702

To do this...
- make sure NOTHING is selected in the scene
- load in your G8 clothes, again, DO NOT select the G3F, you don't want them to auto fit!
- Now select the clothing you wish to fit
- Right click the Scene tab and select EDIT and then Scene Identification (it should be the only selection with an icon next to it)
- Select Preferred Base and change it to /Genesis 3/Female. Note, that option will probably not be there, you will need to click the ... and add it.
- Now right click your clothing and select Fit To.... and it should fit to the character.
Works in the other direction too, this is the way I "fit" G3/V7 hair to G8 models, none of the conversion bagage or Auto-fit nonsense adding to the mix.

• Red Heart

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Works in the other direction too, this is the way I "fit" G3/V7 hair to G8 models, none of the conversion bagage or Auto-fit nonsense adding to the mix.
I took it to a greater extreme and I created a female character that uses a G8M skin, eyes and eyebrows. :) I found a script that makes it possible. I love to experiment. :)

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
I tried creating the daughter today and this is what I came up with, using the assets mentioned. I also used the G3F Growing Up to set her age to Older Teen and then done some of my own adjustments. I didn't use any special breast morph addons, I honestly dislike them. I just used the "Real World" section of the breast morphs. I think I came fairly close. Close enough for my liking anyhow. I got the size from closely examining in game screenshots from different angles and it appeared very close.

View attachment 2879377
Great work again. You want share maybe the subset for it? Would be great :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RustyV

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Great work again. You want share maybe the subset for it? Would be great :)
I seriously did not take down any notes on how I did her... which is STRANGE for me! But I'll look at her and figure out what I used and post something for you ASAP... I am surprised I didn't, as I usually share everything I make anyhow.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Okay, as requested by scooman, this is the scene subset for my version of the daughter.

Dating my Daughter - Daughter Assets
Character body:
Skin:
Hair:
The hair may or may not need the expansion for it, I don't recall, but it can't hurt to have it:
Genitals:

My Scene Subset requiring the above listed assets (hopefully I didn't miss anything)...
View attachment Dating My Daughter.zip

DMD Daughter (G3F).png

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
Okay, as requested by scooman, this is the scene subset for my version of the daughter.

Dating my Daughter - Daughter Assets
Character body:
Skin:
Hair:
The hair may or may not need the expansion for it, I don't recall, but it can't hurt to have it:
Genitals:

My Scene Subset requiring the above listed assets (hopefully I didn't miss anything)...
View attachment 3087650

View attachment 3087652
You made my Day NightHacker. Thank You so much.

• Red Heart

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Update this thanks to The Japanese for correcting me on my choice of skin. My skin was almost identical, but the original is Joyce Yung as well. I'm not sure why I tried out another one, by the same author so it looked similar... anyhow, updated this. This is simpler with just the one anyhow.

Cassandra (G3F) Assets
Body/Head/Skin:
Hair:
Genitals:

Note: There is a bug in some OOT hair shaders which can cause Daz to crash. I altered the hair slightly which seems to have fixed it, at least in my own scene subset I am posting below. You have to remove any file for the "Transmitted Color" setting in the Surface properties for the hair. That worked for me anyhow with this. I guess the hair is updated in the Daz store if you paid for it.

My scene subset requiring the above assets...

View attachment Cassandra (G3F) Scene Subset.zip Cassandra (G3F) - Centerfold.png

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
I haven't done many of the characters for this game yet, only two really. I'll post my second scene subset as well.

I also done Cassandra (G3F). I may do some of the other characters, not sure.

Cassandra (G3F) Assets
Body/Head:
Skin:
Hair:
Genitals:

Note: There is a bug in some OOT hair shaders which can cause Daz to crash. I altered the hair slightly which seems to have fixed it, at least in my own scene subset I am posting below. You have to remove any file for the "Transmitted Color" setting in the Surface properties for the hair. That worked for me anyhow with this. I guess the hair is updated in the Daz store if you paid for it.

View attachment 3090229

View attachment 3090230
The Joyce Yung skin has a very prominent eye fold discoloration, I like this asset's, skin more.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Nice render. One comment, though. I don't know if you deliberately took an artistic liberty, but Cassandra's original skin is Joyce Yung.

EDIT: about the hair, you just have to put this attached file in the folder [drive]://[path to your library]/data/outoftouch/OOT Hairblending 2/OOT Hairblending 2 Hair/
This is a common file to all OOT Hairblending 2.0, thus, if you install a hair that's not updated, it will overwrite the correct file, and Daz will start to crash again. So, keep a copy of this file if this starts happening again. (Of course, this is for everyone who's having the same problem.)

EDIT2: put the file inside the zip, of course... I just zipped it because I can't upload the original file here (or, at least, I don't know how).
Thanks for the file.

As for my render, the skin I used matches the game's renders from all I see... here's an image from in game, compare her skin/nipples etc... to the one I used <shrug> looks fine to me... but I will double check just to be certain...

Edit: I think you're right... her lips and eyebrow colours are closer. Maybe I was staring at her nipples too much LOL... they are the same. Thanks for the heads up, I'll update it. :)

Edit2: I tried your fix for the hair, it didn't work, crashed DAZ again. The best fix I found was to simply set "Transmitted Color" in the hair's surface settings to NONE (click whatever file it has and select NONE). I also set the colour to all black, zero, just to be certain and it renders okay.

screenshot0093.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pumpkin1984

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Update this thanks to The Japanese for correcting me on my choice of skin. My skin was almost identical, but the original is Joyce Yung as well. I'm not sure why I tried out another one, by the same author so it looked similar... anyhow, updated this. This is simpler with just the one anyhow.

Cassandra (G3F) Assets
Body/Head/Skin:
Hair:
Genitals:

View attachment 3107408 View attachment 3107410
Okay, updated this. New render using the correct skin (you can see how they were both close, but her eyebrows are darker and lips redder) and updated the scene subset zip (which also contains the asset listing and note about eliminating that crash bug).

If you grabbed the last one, you'll want to replace it with this.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
About the skin. Yeah... Color changes a lot according to light and other factors. Some guy posted in the BaDIK forum the characters through the years, with every main girl with an image of every episode: in each shot the tone of the skin changed a bit not only in color but also in glossiness and other characteristics. But I'm quite sure not only Cassandra's skin is from Joyce Yang but also Xianne (or Xiane, can't remember...) from Melody -- the shape of the eyebrows was the tell for me. (I don't know Xianne's morphs though... Maybe it's even Joyce Yung with mixed with some youth morph or a young character, but I've never tried it myself.)

About the fix for OOT it's weird, because I found this solution in the Daz Forum and it's working for me... I've even discovered the bug trying to do this render of Jennifer (with D, but it was Jennifer's hair causing the problem):

View attachment 3110407

Mind that you have to put the .dsf file inside the zip and not the zip itself. And, if you have multiple libraries, check if there's a copy of that file somewhere else. Libraries may vary, but mine is D://Daz 3D/Applications/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/outoftouch/OOT Hairblending 2/OOT Hairblending 2 Hair/OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf. The file is from an official update because I happen to own the Linda Ponytail from where I took the file.

B.T.W., I'm having a problem with Cathy Hair (the Jennifer's one)... When I load it in the scene, it's ok (like in the render above), but if I save the scene and load it again, the texture gets bugged like in this scene below (and it's not the lighting because I've tested it):

View attachment 3110413

I don't know if you or someone else here is also having this problem and, also, if found the solution... If someone can help me, I'll be glad.
R.E. the hair.

So, when I see 'jaggies' on textures, my first 'go to' is Resolution Level (parameters tab). See if it's set to 'base', if so, try setting it to 'high resolution'.

Increasing the SubD level can help too, but check Resolution Level first.

My third thought would be that the geometry tiling has been shifted somehow, you could try to re-apply the textures to the hair to see if it lines things back up, but this looks more like a resolution thing...

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Except for shoes (not all, but high-heels are a drag), autofit works wonders for either G3 on G8 or G8 on G3 (you have to make or install clones for that). But accessories are another story... Even when they're made for the generation I'm using, I usually prop them instead of applying them as wearables. Most of 'em get distorted when fitted (of course, you have test each one of 'em to see if it works).

But, if you wanna do the procedure above, you also have to fix the rigging. After loading the item you want to fit and the target figure (do this with the base shapes):
- select Joint Editor (tools menu or Alt+Shift+J);
- adjust the angles of the bones of the clothing item (for G8 wearable to G3 -- Right Thigh Bend Side-side: 6; Left Thigh Bend Side-Side: -6; Right Shoulder Bend Bend: -45; Right Shoulder Bend Bend: 45; for G3 wearable to G8, just to the opposite, that is, multiply the values by -1; if any of this parameters don't show up, you have to click Preferences::Show Hidden Properties on the parameters menu; if some of those bones are missing, don't worry -- you don't need to adjust 'em);
- with the Joint Editor still active, right-click anywhere on the scene and select Edit::Bake Joint Rotations;
- now, do what you did in the Scene Identification: Scene menu -- Edit::Scene Identification and in the Preferred Base, select the appropriate figure (and gender) by clicking on the three little dots;
- before fitting, select -- in that specific order -- the target figure and, then, the clothing item;
- still with Joint Editor active, right-click anywhere on the scene and select Edit::Transfer Rigging (Figure Space);
- now you can select the clothing item and, right-clicking on it, fit it to your target figure;
- you can save the wearable as a preset by clicking on the target figure, and File::Save As::Wearable Preset (it will open a menu, so, select the appropriate item, but there'll be probably only an already-selected one if you're doing this in a blank scene);
- if you wanna test it, delete the item, and go to your Content tab where you saved the preset; if your figure isn't selected yet, select it, and load the preset -- it should perfectly (you can also try with different morphs and poses to check if they fit all, but everything should be ok).
Except... I added an accessory and shoes, all from G3... look at my render again.

Reactions: The Japanese

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
About the skin. Yeah... Color changes a lot according to light and other factors. Some guy posted in the BaDIK forum the characters through the years, with every main girl with an image of every episode: in each shot the tone of the skin changed a bit not only in color but also in glossiness and other characteristics. But I'm quite sure not only Cassandra's skin is from Joyce Yang but also Xianne (or Xiane, can't remember...) from Melody -- the shape of the eyebrows was the tell for me. (I don't know Xianne's morphs though... Maybe it's even Joyce Yung with mixed with some youth morph or a young character, but I've never tried it myself.)

About the fix for OOT it's weird, because I found this solution in the Daz Forum and it's working for me... I've even discovered the bug trying to do this render of Jennifer (with D, but it was Jennifer's hair causing the problem):

View attachment 3110407

Mind that you have to put the .dsf file inside the zip and not the zip itself. And, if you have multiple libraries, check if there's a copy of that file somewhere else. Libraries may vary, but mine is D://Daz 3D/Applications/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/outoftouch/OOT Hairblending 2/OOT Hairblending 2 Hair/OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf. The file is from an official update because I happen to own the Linda Ponytail from where I took the file.

B.T.W., I'm having a problem with Cathy Hair (the Jennifer's one)... When I load it in the scene, it's ok (like in the render above), but if I save the scene and load it again, the texture gets bugged like in this scene below (and it's not the lighting because I've tested it):

View attachment 3110413

I don't know if you or someone else here is also having this problem and, also, if found the solution... If someone can help me, I'll be glad.

It's strange as I normally use the eyebrow shape and colour as my first clue... HOW I managed to pick the wrong texture is anyone's guess as the eyebrows are the MAIN difference between the two. It was probably late. My brain starts to shut down if it is too late it seems! hehehe Glad you mentioned my mistake anyhow.

Not sure about that hair issue. I would do as someone else suggested, check the mesh resolution settings, make sure you don't accidentally have TWO copies of the hair on her as well. Otherwise, not sure, never had that problem.

Reactions: The Japanese

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful... :p But you're right... Sometimes you don't have to go through all that hassle... In fact, in the case of shoes, it seems you don't need to, so thanks for leading me to this discovery (I've been testing a few items since I saw your post and they all worked fine). Sometimes, though, you have to do all that (for some pants and shirts); and, sometimes, even if you do all this, it won't work for all characters... But, in fact, I use autofit like 99.9% for clothes and, for accessories, when they don't work, I prop them. I was just reporting something I learned in case someday you need it.
Well, the good news is there's plenty of G3 clothes for G3, and G8 clothes for G8. ;) This is a situation I simply have only run across once... and that was for my example in my post! hehehe

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did the guy have to be anatomically correct? Barbie's Ken would have done the same job.
GI Joe with the kung-fu grip.

Reactions: samson125

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
In case anyone wants Graham for G8: there is a conversion included in .
You can delete any other content if you only want the G8 guy. It doesn't need the other files/assets to work.

This is what G8 Graham looks like (with some edits/additions of body hair, gens, skin details and the like):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: samson125