[Ren'Py] [Mod] Dating My Daughter: And Her Friends [v0.14.5-AHF3][T.Geiger]

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
DMD: And Her Friends is a mod that implements a hint system, multipathing, and more to CH1 of this visual novel. Read Features for details.

Updated: 2018-08-30
Version: 0.14.5-AHF3
Platforms: As this is a code-only release, I expect it will work on any platform.
License: Public Domain. Do what you want with it. I would appreciate, but do not require, a credit in any release you make.

• Hint System
    • Suggests a choice when it matters.
    • Off - no choice suggestion
    • Daughter - focuses on loyalty to D. Directs toward Dating My Daughter achievement.
    • Polyamory - focuses on getting all the girls. Directs toward We Like To Party! achievement.
    • Independently configurable to show Friend, Love, and Fetish points.
    • Does not provide a hint when the choice is required, obvious (do help/don't help), or personal preference.
    • Does not provide unhints (what not to do).
  • MultiPath
    • Allows for seeing multiple paths that would otherwise be exclusive
    • A choice is always given when multiple paths are available. (Not mandatory.)
    • Lightly worked into the story with mild dialogue changes. Duplicated conversations only occur once.
    • Due to the above not obviously outing a new choice, a setting is also provided to cut them out entirely.
    • Only where it would make sense in the story. So still only one photoshoot (but a choice as to which one). Cannot have dinner with Georgina after spending the night with the girls at the hotel. Etc.
    • Allows for a way out of the most egregious game over.
  • Claim Achievement
    • Most achievements (48 of 69) will prompt a choice to claim if they were not earned.
    • Remaining achievements are automatic, hinted, or the immediate result of simple choices.
  • NTR Reduction
    • Setting to reduce NTR.
    • Still has Lucas' appearance at the night club and restaurant (due to the start of Day 5), and also the guys at the beach (since Dad can chase them off).
    • With setting on, you won't see Lucas' adventures and he won't appear again in the story. No content with Richard outside of photo-shoots.
    • Setting also removes a significant amount of dialogue referencing Lucas' final appearance. However, D seems to feel especially traumatized by her experience in the jacuzzi that morning and will feel down about it the rest of the day. (Hey, the game gave me a natural out and I took it.)
  • Day 5: Spend the night with the girls after having dinner with Georgina.
  • Day 8: Relax by the pool and go for a run in the park.
  • Day 10:
    • D can go back to sleep after waking first.
    • Elena and Jennifer both get off.
    • Shower with D while Elena sleeps on the couch.
  • Day 11: Fuck Elena after having fucked Olivia.
  • Day 12:
    • D can go back to sleep after waking first.
    • Choice of available photo-shoots.
  • Day 13:
    • Way out of game over that was decided 3 days ago.
    • Go on both rides at the Carnival.

0.14.5-AHF3 (2018.08.30)
  • Renamed "Roosters" setting to "NTR"
0.14.5-AHF2 (2018.07.31)
  • Added a missing hint on Day 4 concerning D's hair. (Already had points.)

0.14.5-AHF1 (2018.07.20)
  • Hint System
    • Suggests a choice when it matters.
    • Off - no choice suggestion
    • Daughter - focuses on loyalty to D. Directs toward Dating My Daughter achievement.
    • Polyamory - focuses on getting all the girls. Directs toward We Like To Party! achievement.
    • Independently configurable to show Friend, Love, and Fetish points.
    • Does not provide a hint when the choice is required, obvious (do help/don't help), or personal preference.
    • Does not provide unhints (what not to do).
  • MultiPath
    • Allows for seeing multiple paths that would otherwise be exclusive
    • A choice is always given when multiple paths are available. (Not mandatory.)
    • Lightly worked into the story with mild dialogue changes. Duplicated conversations only occur once.
    • Due to the above not obviously outing a new choice, a setting is also provided to cut them out entirely.
    • Only where it would make sense in the story. So still only one photoshoot (but a choice as to which one). Cannot have dinner with Georgina after spending the night with the girls at the hotel. Etc.
    • Allows for a way out of the most egregious game over.
  • Claim Achievement
    • Most achievements (48 of 69) will prompt a choice to claim if they were not earned.
    • Remaining achievements are automatic, hinted, or the immediate result of simple choices.
  • Roosters
    • Setting to reduce NTR.
    • Still has Lucas' appearance at the night club and restaurant (due to the start of Day 5), and also the guys at the beach (since Dad can chase them off).
    • With setting on, you won't see Lucas' adventures and he won't appear again in the story. No content with Richard outside of photo-shoots.
    • Setting also removes a significant amount of dialogue referencing Lucas' final appearance. However, D seems to feel especially traumatized by her experience in the jacuzzi that morning and will feel down about it the rest of the day. (Hey, the game gave me a natural out and I took it.)

This mod alters core code files. It will be incompatible with any future versions of the game.

• Install a 10,000% clean copy of from the main thread.
  • Extract the attached archive to DMD's main directory. Overwrite files, if prompted.
  • You may get an error the first time you run the game after installing a mod. This is because RenPy isn't specifically designed for modding and sometimes gets confused when it compiles new source files. The game should run fine the second time though, since the source will already be compiled.

Finally, if you encounter any bugs while using this mod, please post here first. Do not pester the main thread with problems I probably caused. (And as the main thread is rather toxic, I don't read it.)

If you find this mod useful, please Like this post to show your appreciation.

settings.jpg hints.jpg multipath.jpg achievements.jpg

Attachments

Cmonkeez

May 18, 2018
Everything runs nicely except on Day 8, can't get full Cupid Night points no matter how i play through it with mod installed. Even ran through it with all mod options off.

Edit: This was user error, started having other issues farther into the game. Re-downloaded everything (game+mod) and started over. Not sure what caused it but it's fixed and working properly now.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
can't get full Cupid Night points no matter how i play through it with mod installed. Even ran through it with all mod options off.
It can certainly be achieved with this mod, as I've tested it several times myself (and again, just now). None of the requirements for it have been changed. Did you tease her at the start of Day 8 so you could learn her favorite singer? (This is hinted on both paths.) You'll also need a minimum love score of 15 and friend score of 40 (which should be relatively easy). 18 of the 46 points you need ride on those requirements before you arrive at Cupid's Night. Pretty much everything else is just picking the right answers. And you need a perfect score, can't miss anything.

Edit: While using Hints, if the Polyamory path is followed with MultiPath turned off (which should provide the lowest score of the possible settings), you should be able to wind up with 51 Fr and 26 Lv at the start of Cupid's Night.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Great mod! Now I can play the game without constantly changing the variables and without consulting with the walkthrough. I hope that you will create such mod for Chapter 2 when it is complete. Great mod again! Thanks!

Warboy

Sep 24, 2018
Dumb question, but I gotta ask....You answered one (actually two) question(s) I had.....We like to party = get all girls, and I kinda figured that Dating my Daughter = Being totally faithful to the Daughter, judging from that, I'm assuming that My New Mom = Just Georgina, and BFF = Just Elena? And knowing that you can't get with Olivia while on the Elena path (without your mod), just curious, but does having sex with Olivia ruin the My new Mom reward?

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
  • My New Mom - Reject Elena, Accept Georgina
  • BFF - Accept Elena, Reject Georgina

Can't get with Olivia while on the Elena path
You can, you'll just have fewer options with Elena on Day 11 (no condom). In AHF, you can see this by choosing "Save Condom".

does having sex with Olivia ruin the My new Mom reward?
No. Literally only the two conditions above. We Like To Party! is accepting both, and DMD is a whole litany of requirements that requires F to be dead to all other women and perfect to D. :)

pim0

Donor
Sep 20, 2018
Hi,Help please:
I successfully played Chapter 1 - then unpacked Chapter 2 - now I do not start both parts. The exe.files 1 & 2 do not work ...
Sorry for my English - is from Translator

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I successfully played Chapter 1 - then unpacked Chapter 2 - now I do not start both parts. The exe.files 1 & 2 do not work ...
This mod is only for chapter 1. And you should install the chapters into separate directories.

pim0

Donor
Sep 20, 2018
@
Thank you.
I installed the both into separate directories. I think, I must both uninstall and start again.
2 questions:
At the successful end of Chapter 1 comes the message: it will continue without any loss of content - please install Part 2 ...
(unfortunately I can not upload screens - is that possible? - with URL I do not know anything ...)
This changes the start exe - saves are gone - only rewards remain - game does not start. Also the start exe of chapter 2 (in other Ditrectory) works not.
I want to delete everything - but I do not know -
whether there are terminal data on the PC?
Directory of this?