Ren'Py Completed Darkness Falls [v1.1] [Tora Productions]

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
OK, the thing I have with Tora games is that they tend to lose me at some point. I'm not quite sure why, whether it's the supernatural aspect of the Elsa-verse that I don't like, or that the text is right at the top of the screen which becomes tiresome to read after a while.

This one, however, I really enjoyed. Despite not seeing any lewd content.

Blake and Won are superbly written, the dynamics between them are so great that I would just turn down any other girl. The story itself is also more up my alley thanks to the detective point of view. I'm definitely interested in the next season.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Blake and Won are superbly written, the dynamics between them are so great that I would just turn down any other girl. The story itself is also more up my alley thanks to the detective point of view. I'm definitely interested in the next season.
Totally agree! I chose the respectful/supportive route with Won, and the senpai/kohai relationship is totally awesome.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
Love the game as all Tora games. However, I can't get three achievements for episodes 3, 4 and detective one in fifth. Can somebody help me? I tried different ways but still can get them.

MeiLing

Oct 22, 2017
3 don't go to Won directly. Talk with the woman on the picture
4 Any reason to be bad with a prostitute?

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Nice avatar pic, Petro!

Most of the achievements in Darkness Falls want you to do two things. At least the things is related in some way to the case or being a detective. Maybe the way you question a witness or how thorough you are at an investigation, etc. Sometimes the other thing is also case related, and sometimes it's related to how you interact with other people (Eve, for instance). If you're stuck, when you get to a spot with 2 choices, save the game (there are 9 extra saves in the menu, as well as the ability to export and import them). Usually when you make the right choices, Won will say something to let you know you did it right. Sometimes it's a few choices later that you get the nod, though.

A few other things to note.
1) If there is something to click on the picture, the picture is outlined in yellow. There are places in my games where there is a dialog choice at the bottom, but also an action choice (hit target on the picture). And, in those cases, it's often better to do the action than the dialog.

2) In many cases, there are 3 dialog choices with how you respond to Won. For the most part, these are "Roleplaying" choices and don't directly impact the story. If you want to be a hard nose, go for it. If you'd rather be mysterious or respectful, those are valid too. The game doesn't punish you for choosing one or the other. It DOES prefer that you be consistent, though...

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Maaaaaybe.

Both the scene where he watches them and the bonus 4some at the end are really good, I wouldn't say no to seeing her have her own game.
Hey Avaron, just curious. What did you think of Claryce (the book store employee) in CtGwC?

Tlaero

Reactions: Krull

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hey Avaron, just curious. What did you think of Claryce (the book store employee) in CtGwC?

Tlaero
I think she's gorgeous. I do try not to get to drawn into side characters, it's not often they make another appearance and even less likely to land a larger role.

She's the closest to my own taste in women. Bit of lesbian cliche but I do like my partners to be a bit less girly than I am. I like shorter hair, piercings, tattoo's and a bit of a toned body but 3 out 4 aint bad ... the song would go ... if he had a 4th thing.

She seemed pretty nice too so that was an added bonus. Usually when I see a character along those lines they are given shitty attitudes and that's a bit of a turn off.

Although I am starting to think you have a thing for hot bookstore workers :p

Reactions: Krull

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
Nice avatar pic, Petro!

Most of the achievements in Darkness Falls want you to do two things. At least the things is related in some way to the case or being a detective. Maybe the way you question a witness or how thorough you are at an investigation, etc. Sometimes the other thing is also case related, and sometimes it's related to how you interact with other people (Eve, for instance). If you're stuck, when you get to a spot with 2 choices, save the game (there are 9 extra saves in the menu, as well as the ability to export and import them). Usually when you make the right choices, Won will say something to let you know you did it right. Sometimes it's a few choices later that you get the nod, though.

A few other things to note.
1) If there is something to click on the picture, the picture is outlined in yellow. There are places in my games where there is a dialog choice at the bottom, but also an action choice (hit target on the picture). And, in those cases, it's often better to do the action than the dialog.

2) In many cases, there are 3 dialog choices with how you respond to Won. For the most part, these are "Roleplaying" choices and don't directly impact the story. If you want to be a hard nose, go for it. If you'd rather be mysterious or respectful, those are valid too. The game doesn't punish you for choosing one or the other. It DOES prefer that you be consistent, though...

Tlaero
Thank you for your information and suggestions. I did not try with the others yet but I tried everything (I think) with the third achievement, I will keep trying, always enjoyed yours bonus scenes. Regarding my avatar, Sahara is my number one.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
There are a lot of things on the docket beforehand, but I will say that I have long term plans for Claryce.

Tlaero
I'm nothing if not patient and i'm certainly not going to complain at more stories from you guys.

I do like the thought of her getting more air time though. I've been interested to see what new characters would pop up after that story arch was finished.

On the one hand it's sad it's over, we've spent so long with those characters especially Elsa but on the other you've never let us down with good characters and interesting stories so it exciting what comes next.

I will be looking forward to seeing more of Claryce in the future though.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

dave888

Jul 19, 2018
anyone knows the ep5 detective achievment?
Edit: Scrolled through every comment since tlaero released the last eps and as it turns out, noone has foudn it :c

dave888

Jul 19, 2018
I have to say that achievements and especially the ep5 detective, were a nice idea, but in reality having to replay the game from the start just to figure it out, especially after having played each ep the time it came out, so many months ago, just tired me out to the point that i just went and reversed the if clause on the achievement checker, which i have never done in another tora game.

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes