Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

TOMGP61

Feb 10, 2018
I am uploading my modded files. Use them at your own risk. I will not be responsible if you mess up your game. I recommend making a backup of your old files, and testing these before replacing them. The changes I made: Made pregnancy time shorter, Increased daily attention, and made girls available to adventure even if they have the "mother" trait.
do these take care of the [child_gender] crash when you heirs are born?

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
anyone knows what erish anklet does??
I just had the same question, but it appears no-one answered you. So, I looked into the game code, and it seems to give sadism, a combat bonus on sexuality (I don't know how it works) and...saves from death while restoring the girl's HP to the max. But it's a one-shot and the anklet is then lost (and I don't think you can get it again).

Reactions: Evergrey

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Hello again,

I have restarted a game, to perfect my roster (I had two Druids in my first game), and I wanted to point out that there is definitely a problem with the mana the brothel is supposed to earn:

I checked the code and, unless badly mistaken, there is one line missing in script.rpy: mana_gain is defined on line 111...and only used to be displayed in the text. There should be another line with mana += mana_gain just below. :)

Also, honestly, the amount should be higher: We get more points (4 or 5) from two girls fucking each other once (the "Play with someone else" or "Maitraya" actions, which earn 4 or 5) than from one girl fucking several guys (and girls) over the day? That's not logical. I'd suggest to use the complete "whore_proficiency" value (and yes, this could be important, if my suggestion about a spell to accelerate pregnancies for mana is implemented... ;-) ).

The bondage, sadism and masochism traits should also have an impact, the same way they have when fucking the girls directly (though not as much, only one or two points depending on whether there is only one or several of those traits).

The same goes for the whores: they should earn us more than two miserable points (on odd days, only one point on even days) for all three of them. And probably more money. The brothel manager's efficiency and traits should also have an impact here.

Oh, and completely apart from that: could there be a way to have Carly LIKE being a pain slave? Maybe by sending her to the school or dungeon (or both) to be trained?

Reactions: Amaraine

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hello again,

I have restarted a game, to perfect my roster (I had two Druids in my first game), and I wanted to point out that there is definitely a problem with the mana the brothel is supposed to earn:

I checked the code and, unless badly mistaken, there is one line missing in script.rpy: mana_gain is defined on line 111...and only used to be displayed in the text. There should be another line with mana += mana_gain just below. :)

Also, honestly, the amount should be higher: We get more points (4 or 5) from two girls fucking each other once (the "Play with someone else" or "Maitraya" actions, which earn 4 or 5) than from one girl fucking several guys (and girls) over the day? That's not logical. I'd suggest to use the complete "whore_proficiency" value (and yes, this could be important, if my suggestion about a spell to accelerate pregnancies for mana is implemented... ;-) )

The bondage, sadism and masochism traits should also have an impact, the same way they have when fucking the girls directly (though not as much, only one or two points depending on whether there is only one or several of those traits).

The same goes for the whores: they should earn us more than two miserable points (on odd days, only one point on even days) for all three of them. And probably more money. The brothel manager's efficiency and traits should also have an impact here.

Oh, and completely apart from that: could there be a way to have Carly LIKE being a pain slave? Maybe by sending her to the school or dungeon (or both) to be trained?
Hi there. I want to re-work the way the Brothel works in general, to make it more interesting, in the next release, so your suggestions are timely. I'm not arguing your logic about money and mana gain, but at the same time, people find the money and mana flow in the game to already be at the point where they don't care about either in the late game. Having enough pregnant girls modifies that, I imagine -- I always intended that to be kind of the end (once you have a ton of kids on the way, you retire) but clearly people are playing past that point.

There's a benefit to making the brothel feel like an optional part of the game, for the sake of those who have a strong dislike for NTR elements.

Thank you for the pain slave suggestion. There could be an interesting interaction there.

Reactions: Shardoom

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Chains = Heavy Armor? Okayyyy... I can understand. I don't have the same definition (for me, chainmail is medium armor, and studded leather would be too.... plates would definitely be into heavy armor, though), but I can understand.

Thank you for the clarification.

Oh, by the way, curious to see the Chain mention, I just launched the game and decided to send a party into the desert (to see how far they can go), and I just happened upon a bug: after a fight against some nomads, I got the message "Your party gets some drinking done at the oasis and is somewhat refreshed." But the panel just after that said "The party loses hit points due to lack of water."

There is a problem here. They should have be reset at the initial "non-thirsty" status, instead of losing hit points.

I don't know if the save could help with that, but I attach it just in case. I saved just after the first panel cited above.
Thank you for the report. Key here is "somewhat" refreshed. The oasis decreases the counter for how many days the party has been wandering in the desert -- it does *not* reset it to zero.

Reactions: Daulas

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
II want to re-work the way the Brothel works in general, to make it more interesting, in the next release, so your suggestions are timely. I'm not arguing your logic about money and mana gain, but at the same time, people find the money and mana flow in the game to already be at the point where they don't care about either in the late game.
I can understand that. On the other hand, with the pregnancies dropping money earnings down quickly, and/or mana (if you follow my idea about a spell that would accelerate it), they could come handy again, at least once.

Besides...
I always intended that to be kind of the end (once you have a ton of kids on the way, you retire) but clearly people are playing past that point.
Well, it's true that having this point being the end of the game could make my comments almost completely irrevelant. And it would male sense anyway.

On the other hand, the game is indeed quite interesting to play and it would be fun to have it expanded. In that case, the brothel could become a part of the kingdom's economy to sustain a war effort.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's a benefit to making the brothel feel like an optional part of the game, for the sake of those who have a strong dislike for NTR elements.
Well, the brothel would still remain optional. It would only mean that those players would have to manage more carefully the pregnancies to not get too low in gold and/or mana (the same goes even with my expansion suggestions: having all the roster working in the brothel would make things easier, but it would not be mandatory either).

Ah, just one more quick note:
There is a problem with Carly. After a while, the fact she is randomly choosing the girls (in addition to doing so only once per week) means that some of them are not cured for a veeeeeeery long time. I think that, if a girl has no negative traits, Carly should check another one, and then another, until she finds one with a trait to cure. Maybe a counter could be used to define a limited number of checked girls (say, 4) at first, then more so that only three or four weeks could pass without any cure.

Also, I think the managers are not checked out.

Reactions: Amaraine

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
how to unlock last building (Sanctuary)? i miss somethink? i don see any quest from Raphaelle
First quest: give a girl to the temple of Inanna in the Blood Plains. You must have at least 9 girls in your roster to trigger the quest option. You need to complete this quest before getting the second one.

Dante22

Apr 22, 2018
First time player in this game and i really like it so far!

I'm not sure why you chose Renpy as a platform for this type of game, but i'm pleasantly surprised you made it work lol

From my first impressions the only suggestions that i have are adding a quest list, since you can forget the tasks you got sometimes, and the option to buy fertility potions and keep then stocked, instead of having to choose a target at the moment you buy.

I do have a few questions tho if anyone can help me:
-What does the buildings do? The brothel and the smithy are obvious, and i noticed that you can leave girls chained in the dungeon(but i'm not sure if it is just that). But I have no idea about the temple and the school.
-Once i send a cocunbine/slave to a building i can no longer have sex with her on the day end is that intended? Can't seem to choose her for fertility potion either or remove her from the building.
-And finally is there an ending to the desert? Or does it just go on forever?

Jul 17, 2018
First time player in this game and i really like it so far!

I'm not sure why you chose Renpy as a platform for this type of game, but i'm pleasantly surprised you made it work lol

From my first impressions the only suggestions that i have are adding a quest list, since you can forget the tasks you got sometimes, and the option to buy fertility potions and keep then stocked, instead of having to choose a target at the moment you buy.

I do have a few questions tho if anyone can help me:
-What does the buildings do? The brothel and the smithy are obvious, and i noticed that you can leave girls chained in the dungeon(but i'm not sure if it is just that). But I have no idea about the temple and the school.
-Once i send a cocunbine/slave to a building i can no longer have sex with her on the day end is that intended? Can't seem to choose her for fertility potion either or remove her from the building.
-And finally is there an ending to the desert? Or does it just go on forever?
I also don't know what the temple is for, but in the school, your girls learn new fetishes and perversions. However, you do need all the buildings for Maytreya's harem quest. Once you put one of your girls in charge of a building, she can no longer fight, and cannot be removed, and you can only have sex with her once per day. You can give them a fertility potion by selecting the option to buy a fertility potion for a building manager when the merchant appears.

Reactions: Dante22

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Building the sanctuary gives a chance to increase girls' sexuality, if they have fewer than 3 fetishes (with a greater chance the fewer fetishes they have.) I'm going to be increasing the chance of the event happening in the next version.

Eric123456789

Jan 2, 2018
Building the sanctuary gives a chance to increase girls' sexuality, if they have fewer than 3 fetishes (with a greater chance the fewer fetishes they have.) I'm going to be increasing the chance of the event happening in the next version.
Will there be pregnant content in the next version?

Jul 17, 2018
Everytime one of my girls gives birth, the mother trait gets added. Some of my girls have a long list of the mother trait, and I can no longer see some of their stats. So I suggest some kind of +1 counter for sons and daughters, depending on which. Instead of adding the mother trait everytime a girl gives birth. Also, it would be nice to actually see your girls pregnant, and impregnate all the other characters, like Azielle, Carly, Felicity, Lucretia, and Raphaelle, and will there be any sex scenes with the dragon lady from the desert?

Reactions: Eric123456789

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Everytime one of my girls gives birth, the mother trait gets added. Some of my girls have a long list of the mother trait, and I can no longer see some of their stats. So I suggest some kind of +1 counter for sons and daughters, depending on which. Instead of adding the mother trait everytime a girl gives birth. Also, it would be nice to actually see your girls pregnant, and impregnate all the other characters, like Azielle, Carly, Felicity, Lucretia, and Raphaelle, and will there be any sex scenes with the dragon lady from the desert?
While I agree about the "Mother" counter, I would like to add that it could be nice to have somewhere an indication of how many children have been born, if possible with both genders' distribution. You will need to add some simple formula to estabilish that for an update: using the number of "Mother" traits, you get the total number of children in previous saves (since the value would not be defined yet) and then...well, probably something like 50/50, or 40/40 and the rest distributed randomly...nobody will remember how many boys and girls have actually been announced. ;-)

Also, could there be a way to remove the fertile trait? Now that all the girls are fertile, the only ones I would dare sleep with would be the managers, since they cannot be "incapacitated" due to their pregnancies... My Harbinger (definitely among the raiders) came with the Fertile trait and has already been pregnant twice, thus stopping her party from adventuring the same number of times (I changed the code to allow Mothers to go on adventures). Which leads to the strange situation that I don't want to sleep with her anymore to make sure I don't take her out of the roster for a time. Since she is my queen too, this is even worse. :)

And, I don't know if you will use my ideas about the "conquest" orientation of further developments, but getting an alliance with the dragon (and a new sex partner) could be a motivation to invade neighbouring kingdoms and territories.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
As I currently have the code, there is no longer a repeat of the Mother trait; and women lose the Fertile trait when they become pregnant, so you have to buy Fertility potions for them all over again. Presumably those who you've bought potions for are ones you want to become pregnant. As for the girls who come naturally Fertile, they are intended to present you with an interesting choice. :)

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes