VN Unity Abandoned Dakota: The Subway [Act 1] [Darkwoodtales]

Doruna

Jul 3, 2018
I have to say, after "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Lyla's curse" and "Life of Kiki", hand drawn art-style / female protagonist games are becoming my fetish. Will definitely try this.

PoisonJames

May 6, 2017
The MC actress overdid it by a lot, she sounds like a filthy nympho whore. Would be much better if she played an innocent, naive girl who got raped on the train. That spoiled the entire game for me.
Would assume she's reading the cheesy script and not improvising on her own.

JohnnyMarco

Jun 18, 2017
Dakota It is a visual novel, done by a team of professionals in different areas. I highly recommend to play it with sound, because voice actress did amazing work here as well
It seems there was no writer ammong these excelent professionals...

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
The art is from the same guy who does the cg for Seeds of Chaos. That alone is enough to make me curious

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I won't give a actual rating for the game yet, since I feel like they'll change a lot of things very soon. But I'll give my first impression of the game at least. Just note that these are my personal opinions, and some of the criticism I give are merely my subjective view:

--------------------------------------------

The Bad:
The UI is horrible. You have every single social media icon taking up a big portion of the left side of the screen, then you have the options for the game on the right side of the screen. I don't want to constantly have the options and social media referrals displayed on the screen while I'm playing the game. The actual game screen, where the CG happens is like 50% of the screen. The title of the game is permanently displayed in the upper left corner, and half of it goes into the game screen.

The save/load works, but it's poorly implemented. When you press save, nothing happens. No confirmation or anything. But it actually does save in the background. Then when you press load you instantly jump to where you save. So there's no multiple save feature (which is kinda crucial if you want to have a choice based game), and there's no confirmation for loading a save, so if you click it by mistake then too bad.

The Neutral:
The story is nothing special. But since it hasn't developed so far, then it's understandable.

The girl is overly slutty. That's probably what you're going for, but damn, she's so over the top slutty. I mean take this line of dialogue from her waking up in the morning:
"The day's starting and my pussy's already wet.".
And when she's getting dressed:
"These silk panties give me goosebumps. They're so sheer and feel so good against my skin, against my pussy, up into my butt, but not too much."
It feels like every line of dialogue she has to communicate to the player just how slutty she is.

The voice actress is fine. I couldn't really tell the difference between a average voice actress and a really good one. But how she delivers her line just made me want to mute it entirely. It sounds like she's reading directly from a script and they told her to sound as sexy as possible even if the dialogue itself wasn't sexual. I can foresee in the future where she's shopping for apples and is like "Ohhhhhh, this apple feels soooooo goooood in my hand. The round and smooth shape of it makes my pussy twitch. Ahhhhhhhhhh".

The Good:
The CG is amazing. I can see people playing this game just for its amazing CG. So props to the person doing the art for the game.

Having a voice actress at all is a big plus. If you don't like her, then you can just mute it. So it adds some additional optional flavor to the game. It's also really unique, since I don't really know that many games that uses voice actors.

--------------------------------------------
I have some questions/tips for the developers:
First off, instead of talking about how you have a team of professionals, why not actually explain what the game is about and maybe show some screenshots of the game. Since neither here nor on the Patreon page does it say anything about the actual game. Just that you are a team of professional creating a game. Saying that you are a team of professionals creates a higher standard, and thus making it easier for people to not have their expectations met.

Why is this developed in Unity instead of Ren'Py? I don't see a reason for it. Every feature you've implemented is something that Ren'Py can do for you, and it can do it so much better. If you want to customize it in ways that Ren'Py doesn't allow, then I would understand it. But from playing this first version of the game, I really don't see anything you've implemented that's better in Unity rather than Ren'Py.

Having absolutely no information about the game on your Patreon, and then paywalling the absolute first (and only) post your Patreon has, seems like a really weird decision to me. How are people that visit your Patreon supposed to find anything of interest there if they aren't Patrons?

Last edited:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
PROS: Very nice art. CONS: The MC actress overdid it by a lot, she sounds like a filthy nympho whore. Would be much better if she played an innocent, naive girl who got raped on the train. That spoiled the entire game for me.
Pretty sure the character is a nympho and personally I like that, it's a breath of fresh air. The only part that bothers me a bit is the beginning when she talks to herself about how much her own underwear turns her on while getting dressed alone in her home... That's just silly.

Reactions: Danjuro83

ImJustThatKinky

Game Developer
May 25, 2018
I like the concept my. My only real problem is how if the text finish the audio just get cut off, since audio is one of it's big selling point they really need to fix up on that. Unless there's an option I'm missing.

esamuna80

Nov 1, 2017
I like the concept my. My only real problem is how if the text finish the audio just get cut off, since audio is one of it's big selling point they really need to fix up on that. Unless there's an option I'm missing.
I noticed the same thing : / . Just had to put text speed on slow ...

Bartlett

Jan 21, 2018
This is fundamentally broken and really should be on Ren'py, not Unity. Especially since it's obvious the dev can't even program a UI correctly. The art looks nice though, I guess.

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Can we find a MAC version out there in the intra-webs? That way I can bash the AI as well? :p

gwarmin

Jun 5, 2017
definitely added to watch list

if updates and content become consistent in the future, then might add it to my patreon tab

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Art is nice I guess. I'd offer an opinion on the writing, but the gray font on that background is a nightmare to try to read.

DarkWolf2055

"Acknowledge Me"
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 3, 2017
frozen project maybe the game will die soon i do not know for now onhold