3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Try waiting for a few minutes. The game starts off on black screen and takes almost a minute to load if not more.

Its good to know that this is TyranoBuilder. When I opened it, I thought it was nwjs. So was confused when i saw all the JS files made from non-readable characters.

Is there any way of decoding those files ? To maybe make an emulator for it in RenPy.
The answer to decrypting those files is in . I had thought about maybe doing the same thing but I would probably get bored part of the way through and not finish it so hopefully someone does!

Estomac

Jul 6, 2018
Try waiting for a few minutes. The game starts off on black screen and takes almost a minute to load if not more.
Thank you! Sadly, the Mac version display a black screen indefinitely on my computer. After one hour it made no difference.

xMentat

Apr 14, 2018
The game freezes for me after a few minutes, I suspect it's trying to do a scene transition or something. I ran it in Firefox on Ubuntu. I give up!

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I didn't read the OP before playing so I was pleasantly surprised when I realized it was a sequel to Sister*3.
Very pleasantly surprised. Good stuff.

cager

Aug 2, 2017
Game would not start.
5 minutes after clicking game still no screen and very little activity. A dud.
Images not accessable by any image viewer I have.
For me not worth the download time will not try again.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Game would not start.
5 minutes after clicking game still no screen and very little activity. A dud.
Images not accessable by any image viewer I have.
For me not worth the download time will not try again.
Game runs fine for me and others so it's not a dud
The images are encrypted that's why you can't view them outside of the game.
You can view them if they are decrypted.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: crugh2112

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
The game looks great but the engine is horrifying. Saves don't work and I have to repeat the game from the beginning again and again. I think if they switched to Ren'Py, they could really get some people to pledge. I know I would if I could play the game in any meaningful way

Reactions: CSNRC

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, the font used is still utter crap, and the game identifies who is speaking with a gray name above the text box that blends in with a good number of the images. When you go to visit your mom with Gwen and Dahlia, you can't see who is speaking pretty much the entire time due to Mom's gray/back shirt.

The quality of this so so far below the game author's normal work, it's sad.

Reactions: Nightphysics

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Took quite a few attempts but I've managed to finish the current version. Great to see a continuation of the SSS story. Engine problems aside, (as annoying as they are, no point in beating a dead horse) I look forward to future updates.

Reactions: JJsworld

NIKI87

Jun 3, 2017
Why the hell does this keep freezing? Dialogue just stops mid sentence and i can't do anything, clicking anything does not work the only way is to close the game.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Why the hell does this keep freezing? Dialogue just stops mid sentence and i can't do anything, clicking anything does not work the only way is to close the game.
The engine is crap. In the main folder there is a file called index.html. Open that file in your favorite browser (I tried in Firefox and it ran well). It does not seem to follow your saves but the browser handles the scripting better than the game itself and it runs smoother with less problems and should let you at least play the game. I am still hoping the author switches over to renpy or somebody creates an unauthorized version because this is almost unplayable on some systems.

U

User_23654

Here is a compressed win version of Chapter 3!

Win (111MB): - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I was about to ask if it had become playable by now, but I see it is just the same buggy shit.
I have absolutely no idea what the dev is thinking.
His ren'py game was a mess as well, but at least we had great people here that made it play- and enjoy-able for all of us, with visual novel maker, that's just not possible.

I know VNM games that run halfway decent, but the dev insists on using an inferior machine AND doesn't manage to let the game run smoothly (or at all), that's just a bad joke.
I'm really glad I stopped supporting after Sisterx3 ended.

Reactions: john_smith98

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
To the people calling this Tyrannobuilder... I don't think it is... It's . (Decoding tool in ).
Edit: No need to decode chapter 3... it hasn't been encoded. :unsure:

The engine is crap. [...] I am still hoping the author switches over to renpy or somebody creates an unauthorized version because this is almost unplayable on some systems.
The main issue is that NVM handle variables in a really odd way. I'm sure in it's own editor... it's perfectly sensible. But in the json files (once they're decoded)... I've found it almost impossible. It's pretty easy to get a list of variables, but figuring out if it's doing +1 / -1 / set True / set False ... Well, if it's possible... I'm clearly missing something fundamental. Anyone trying to convert the game would need to be able to play-test the game enough to guess how the variables are being updated... or alternatively, the author would need to collaborate.

Edit: I'm getting closer. Turns out variables are stored in generic arrays. Each variable has an associated "index" which tells it which array element to use. So one of the reasons I couldn't follow things was that I was looking for the variable name and not it's index. There appears to be 3 arrays (integers, strings and booleans). Each array has what it calls a domain, which appears to be a unique name. I'm not sure if that's changeable because I've only looked at this one game. Anyway... this is just my way of putting an explanation out there, if anyone goes deep delving into VNM code.

Based on 3rd hand information... I do know the author has found using VNM a lot easier to write with than RenPy. And whilst I too wish he'd migrate back to RenPy, my general advice to any developer is to write your game for yourself and ignore those whining gits on the internet. Realistically, swapping back to RenPy would be a lot of work - though given the huge dip in his Patreon numbers... maybe it would be worth it.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes