virusito

May 12, 2018
I think I have this same error.
I tried the patch, and it's still broken, just broken slightly differently.
Try starting the quest again with an old savefile and then loading that save file back

If you don't have an old savefile you can rush to the start of quest E pretty fast losing on purpose

syralic

Jul 23, 2018
Try starting the quest again with an old savefile and then loading that save file back

If you don't have an old savefile you can rush to the start of quest E pretty fast losing on purpose
Confirmed old save files with patch seem to work, saving once and loading too, it seems like it's saving multiple times during the mission that corrupts the save.
Try to level up and go for the boss with a lot of angel stones to secure revives.
Mind that, going to 0 MP with a lust / estrus state consume an Angel Stone, if you aim to kill the boss try to level up close to the church to clear status aliments.

Reactions: Eicosa

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
Trying to play through again. I had saves at each quest selection, but I loaded older ones, and then loaded the newer one, and it still didn't work.

Anyway, what's with "Sword Arts"? I've been intentionally losing to the bosses. Is that where you get them?
The guide on ULMF also mentions using magic. I'm not sure if that's Sword Arts or something else. If something else, how/where to get that?

(Side note: For folks who think the game is hard, that "Battle" button isn't for show. Follow the guide, play efficiently, and use your extra turns on battles. The extra levels make the game a lot easier.)

Last edited:

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
anybody know similar games like this ?
Subjectively speaking, I'd say there are none; it's truly one of a kind. Even other games by the same developer aren't the really the same—the same gameplay, the same content, themes or styles, etc.
Anyway, what's with "Sword Arts"? I've been intentionally losing to the bosses. Is that where you get them?
The guide on ULMF also mentions using magic. I'm not sure if that's Sword Arts or something else. If something else, how/where to get that?
They are the "magic," yeah. Aren't they unlocked by acquiring subweapons/doing side quests? :unsure: Starter subweapon has nothing, because reasons; the silver sword on the first quest came paired with one, out of the box.

Gugino

May 18, 2017
Subjectively speaking, I'd say there are none; it's truly one of a kind. Even other games by the same developer aren't the really the same—the same gameplay, the same content, themes or styles, etc.

They are the "magic," yeah. Aren't they unlocked by acquiring subweapons/doing side quests? :unsure: Starter subweapon has nothing, because reasons; the silver sword on the first quest came paired with one, out of the box.
thats a shame it is really one of a kind

Jax_01

Feb 1, 2024
Went through the game on one save, still got issues when trying to fight the higher demons in mission E.
1716338330054.png
No issues with unzipping or localization, any ideas?

Sp0tlight0

Jul 23, 2018
For anyone that is getting this type of japanese locale (ansi error) on win 10 or 11 you need A) add japanese locale in the system settings B) add the language pack in the advanced settings of the locale (thats not active by default) and C) change your system to japanese locale from the bottom windows app bar.

I also changed my region temporary to japanese and activated Japanese Unicode language in administrative language settings and all together fixed this very same error for me.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020

Something seems off. I have played through the game to quest 5/e once, doing every side mission, getting the paired swords and fixing the broken sword. I have done a few attempts at getting back there, playing a decent amount, and I have yet to find any time or way to interact with the Sword Arts or the thing under the second weapon. That thing makes my pointer indicate its clickable, but nothing happens.
I even checked the tutorial, which says Sword Arts are ONLY used with the main weapon.
At this point... if beating a boss doesn't unlock them, I have no idea what does. Oh, I guess they might instead have to do with some of the sexual content.
I'm also not sure what you mean by a silver sword. In the first quest, there's a broken sword and a slime (slime-killer) dagger. You also start with a knight sword. If you can use a Sword Art at any of those points, then something might be going wrong with my game.
Edit: Okay, beat the Slime King (or whatever) and got a Sword Art.

Last edited:

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Edit: Okay, beat the Slime King (or whatever) and got a Sword Art.
The Slimekiller says something about "silver poison" when you use the Sword Art. :ROFLMAO: In both versions of the game, I tried changing Sword Arts (while cycling through subweapons of course), but it never did anything, so if there are any wizards in the thread, please explain to us. :) This game deserves to be understood, it's just missing a few, little pieces.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
Perhaps fate was so unkind to him because of that name, holy fucking shit is Weldien Grif Jeremy a fucking mouthful and also I ain't thought of the name Griff since Mission's worthless ass brother in KOTOR

• Haha
Reactions: Kuroihanakoe

Jjjorougumo

Dec 10, 2017
i vaguely remember hearing about this before but not looking into it-- glad there's an english release now because this looks fucking awesome. gonna see if it works on kirikiroid

Durville

Nov 30, 2017
So liked the game till Level E the same error as other people here. The patch people linked before doesn't seem to work. I have tried all this with both overwriting and having 2 patches in the folder:

Load save before level E and start level E after
Load save before level E and after that load a save for level E

Full replay
Full replay without saving (Lose everything to get to level E fast)

Still crashes everytime. Can someone who got it working explain it in better detail? Maybe I'm missing something.

Eicosa

Jun 1, 2018
Still crashes everytime. Can someone who got it working explain it in better detail? Maybe I'm missing something.
For me what worked was loading the save before the quest zone loads, and making not sure not to save in town until i've beat all the devils. It seemed fine after that.

But now i'm past the Quest E bug, i have the Quest F bug :cry:
this one happens oocasionally after combat with random encounters
1716969113689.png

why is this so buggy, and is this fakku's fault?

edit:
another Quest F bug, after defeating The nun in church
1716972636688.png

edit:
another bug in an ending after Quest F.
Glad i didnt buy the game yet :cautious:

1716973981851.png

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes