Unreal Engine Crimson Lust [Development Thread]

Mar 28, 2018
Screenshot (6743).png
Welcome to the Crimson Lust Development Thread
I'm currently somewhat close to releasing my game that has been in development for 4 years. It's a modern game that is supposed to be released with a fantasy game world in tandem.

Setting Overview:
The game is set in an alternative universe where sorcery/combat magic are somewhat common in the modern age. As someone who is blessed enough to be able to learn sorcery fairly easily due to your family's background as sorcerers, you have a head start you can choose to take if you want, However, you do have the ability to take any lifepath you want.

Overview:
While my game has changed genres and main ideas for the past 4 years of development, I plan on releasing it as an open world game with life sim and RPG mechanics. The game's main objective is to let the player roleplay a Sorcerer or any type of character he/she wants to be in very basic, but fulfilling ways. Whether that be a Sorcerer, a CEO, a regular worker, a music star, a King, Queen, or General. Like the Sims 4 but as a 3D RPG.
On release, you will be able to join a guild or career field by going to an Establishment and applying for a Job, as you go to work, you get promoted and earn more money. As you get promoted, people in the Establishment will treat you differently depending on your rank. The more fame you gain, the more people will recognize you everywhere you go. This is especially true if you get promoted in places like Castles or the Military.
Don't expect much from Jobs on release. It just fades into a rabbit hole black screen, time progresses, and you get an event at the end.
You will also have the ability to talk and build a relationship with every and any NPC in the game. While this mechanic is already set up, I plan on doing a pretty basic pregnancy and birth system that allows you to start a family. You will also be able to create and switch between characters, like in Black Desert Online, so that you will be able to create and set up a family or just a group of player characters that can be companions.
It also prevents you from having to make new saves, and you can also recruit your other player characters to go around with you.
For this reason, the game is set up so that you can switch with any character in the game, and your entire experience changes with it. For example, if you switch characters with a King, everyone will treat you like one. If you switch characters with someone with 2 brothers, those NPCs will talk to you like siblings.

Reason For Starting This Thread:
These past 4 years I've had very few people to share the game's progress with so I thought it may give me motivation if I started sharing here. I don't know if I'll be posting on here often yet. I'm not very consistent with updating people on the status of the game since some weeks are spent just trying to fix things that may go wrong.
If this thread gains interest, I'll start uploading screenshots of the game and it's progress and the stuff I've implemented.

Updates:
Future Updates will focus on Establishment Management, the Exorcist Academy, Guilds, Expanding the City and Map Size, Adding Events, Adult Animations, Dialogue, and Scenarios.

Gameplay & Gameloop:
For the gameplay, you can play it as a combat based rpg, or a life sim.
As a combat based RPG, which would be the preferred way to play, you start at your family's house, apply at a guild so that you can earn money killing enemies around the map, then you farm enemies, return to the guild and get paid for how many enemies you have killed.
you start at your family's house, go to an establishment, apply to work there, start working there, as you work there daily, you get money to buy clothes, eventually as you get promoted, you're able to buy things like a House, a Yacht or an Establishment.
In between, you manage your hunger, thirst, and energy, build relationships with NPCs, or travel and do things with them.

Other Settings:
Other than the Modern Setting, if everything goes smoothly, I have everything set up and game ready for most fantasy settings.
Fantasy settings would include Medieval, Arabian, Japanese, Viking, Tribal, and Pirate.

Customization:
For now, the game allows your player to customize a characters, face, body, hair, race, and much more. It also includes a modular clothing system so you can wear a different shirt, pants, gloves, etc. for maximum customization in mind. There are over 150 clothes and 400 pieces of clothing in the game. Half of them I wouldn't consider to be really game ready yet, but they are there for future updates. The game will probably release with 50 clothes and 150+ pieces if everything goes smoothly.
Race Attachments allow the player to be a Demon, Half Demon, Furry, Cat, Dog, Fox, Dragon, etc.

Combat:
The game has over 50 spells and abilities, and over 50 weapons. The player will be able to go to fight enemies in abandoned buildings/points of interest as well as join a guild, which gives the player money for defeating enemies around the open world, while also giving the player access to useful followers if you boost your affinity to them.
I plan on implementing a deflection and parry system, mainly for katanas and sword fighting to make combat a little more engaging and fun.
I also plan on changing my enemy animation system so that enemy move sets are procedurally generated making human enemies more unpredictable and unique.

Sailing:
The game's only form of transportation will be sailing. You can recruit NPCs to sail with you and there will be many different Islands to visit. Though you won't be able to swim on release, but swimming will be there in the first few updates. I'm just trying to release as soon as possible.

Player Housing:
The player has a limited inventory so housing is crucial for extra inventory slots. You will be able to buy any house to live in. I'm planning on having every NPC having a house or apartment to go back to as well, but the implementation would be fairly limited on release.
Since the game focuses on roleplay, the player can live in an apartment, a small house, or a big house, in a modern setting, a tropical setting, a rural setting, or a fantasy setting.
Fantasy settings include Medieval, Arabian, Japanese,

Planned Tags:
3D Game, Male Protagonist, Female Protagonist, Customization, Animated, Simulator, Sex

What Will Be Missing on Release:
Everything that I mentioned above has either already been finished, or will definitely be doable by me. The things below are things that are probably necessary, but will be absent, at least on the initial demo release.
Cars and Vehicles, Vehicles on Streets, Horses, Swimming, a Main Menu, possibly a Character Menu.

What It Wont Have:
Quests, Extreme Fetishes.

What It Will Avoid:
Handcrafted Content for Now.

Future Plans:
Colosseums, More Cyberpunk /Sci Fi Island, Elven Island, Western Island.

Current Status:
Base Systems: 100% Complete
Additional Systems: 70% Complete
Environments Setup: 90% Complete
Fantasy Environments Setup: 90% Complete
Character Customization: 100% Complete
Dialogue and NPCs: 20% Complete
Events: 0% Complete
Est. Demo Release Date: May 2024

Influences:
The Sims 4, Lifeplay, Skyrim, Elden Ring, AC Black Flag, Wildlife, Carnal Instinct, Sunbay City, Black Desert Online, Various Anime, etc.

Screenshots:
Screenshot (6742).png Screenshot (6770).png Screenshot (6741).png Screenshot (6830).png Screenshot_6563.jpg IMG_9442.png

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
Here are the Different Islands/Fantasy Environments I have Set Up:
Screenshot (6930).png Screenshot (6931).png Screenshot (6932).png Screenshot (6933).png Screenshot (6934).png Screenshot (6935).png Screenshot (6937).png Screenshot (6938).png Screenshot (6939).png Screenshot (6940).png Screenshot (6941).png Screenshot (6942).png Screenshot (6943).png Screenshot (6944).png Screenshot (6945).png Screenshot (6946).png Screenshot (6947).png
Screenshot (6948).png

Extra Info:
All Buildings have Interiors and are already set up with configurations to easily spawn NPC inside. All buildings should also be able to be purchasable and have the player live inside and transport NPCs between Houses.

Additional Modern Map Screenshots:
Screenshot (6949).png Screenshot (6950).png Screenshot (6951).png Screenshot (6952).png Screenshot (6953).png Screenshot (6954).png Screenshot (6955).png Screenshot (6956).png Screenshot (6957).png