Ren'Py Creating a new game, need some suggestions

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
@Volta I like the ghost girl idea, it has a lot of potential. I had a somewhat similiar idea with some kind of otherworldly beeing, that's able to shapeshift, go through walls and possess people, but I'm still not sure about it because I wanted the story to be somewhat more realistic. Hmm.... maybe I should make a poll?^^

@carnalcardinal I never tried your game, but it looks interesting. I think I'll have to give it a go :)
As for the characters, they dont really fit to any of the main chars I have in mind, but I could use them as one of the side chars (yes there are more than just the 5 main gals^^). The stuff I bought is also for gen3, so it would fit perfectly :)

Actually I could use some hairs if you happen to have some unused ones and are willing to share :coldsweat:

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@recreation I highly recommend any of the hairs by . They are very easily customizable, come in a wide range of colours, and don't take up a lot of space when rendering (will speed up your render times)

Reactions: La_Pucelle

La_Pucelle

Pending Deletion
Jun 6, 2018
@Volta I like the ghost girl idea, it has a lot of potential. I had a somewhat similiar idea with some kind of otherworldly beeing, that's able to shapeshift, go through walls and possess people, but I'm still not sure about it because I wanted the story to be somewhat more realistic. Hmm.... maybe I should make a poll?^^

@carnalcardinal I never tried your game, but it looks interesting. I think I'll have to give it a go :)
As for the characters, they dont really fit to any of the main chars I have in mind, but I could use them as one of the side chars (yes there are more than just the 5 main gals^^). The stuff I bought is also for gen3, so it would fit perfectly :)

Actually I could use some hairs if you happen to have some unused ones and are willing to share :coldsweat:

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Save your files in a proper structure would be my recommendation to do with Daz.

I've got a hard-drive full of dggfddd.duf and ghgkdkd.duf and it's not fun.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Save your files in a proper structure would be my recommendation to do with Daz.

I've got a hard-drive full of dggfddd.duf and ghgkdkd.duf and it's not fun.
Outch, I totally know what you mean. I've learned it the hard way with sfm, ps, ck and several other programs, naming my files all the same "just for the moment"^^"
Lesson learned xD

dunhill

May 3, 2017
Thx alot!
Honestly, I'm not in for the money and this game will only partially be about incest (you can avoid it completely).

The reason for my decision to make a game is:
I played some of these games you mentioned (loved DoD), but i always felt like something is missing.
Most of the games are only focused on one thing (incest or no incest), one character (or all caracters at the same time), rape, love, or what ever (DoD is actually a good example of how to do it right, Parental Love is a good example too, but still...).
I played a lot games where I wished I could do something else then what I was supposed to do.
Also when you finish most of the games story, then thats it. Maybe you can play again and have a little bit different story, but still, thats it.
There are not many games where you can play around and do stuff after you finished the story.
That's why I decided to make my own game (well, atleast I try). Not to make a cash cow XD
thats a huge project and would take not only alot of time but skills, the only games i know like that is "Peasant Quest" and "Good Girl Gone Bad" (i think that "Love and Submission" is also like that but i never played that route) there is also "Tyrant"..... idk if any you'll be able to play after the story is done... but you shouldn't let this discourage you, you should make your game but really take your time and do a small demo to show what your game is about...

i'm sure everyone here will give you positive feed back and constructive criticism....

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
@dunhill Sounds like you know what you are talking about... good!
I know this will take some time and effort, but to be honest, this project is more or less a releave...
I've been working on a skyrim mod for more than 2 years and believe me, even though it sounds crazy, but making a mod for skyrim is by far more complex then making a game with ren-py or making chars with Daz (I know, sounds crazy).
The creation engine and the nessecary tools like nifscope, blender and so on are far more complex and the creation engine is a pain in the ass... to put it mildly.
Anyway, what I meant to say is: I know what I got myself into.

I dont plan to release a demo but there will be an alpha (more or less to get feedback and maybe some more inspiration) and a beta (to find bugs).
But thats for the future, at the moment I'm taking my time to write the first story scripts and get some more resources for Daz gen3.

I'm also open to any feedback - good, or bad doesn't matter - as long as it's constructive.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
@Agent HK47 did or will beat you to it? xD
I could beat myself for not seeing the assets section here earlier. Anyway the stuff I bought earlier is still usefull :)

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
@Agent HK47 did or will beat you to it? XD
I could beat myself for not seeing the assets section here earlier. Anyway the stuff I bought earlier is still usefull :)
Depends on the view I guess. Anyway, I am also preparing for a game of my own, but I am buying every asset the legit way. Only buy stuff when it is at a 50% or higher discount, so that helps bring down costs a fair bit, but I have still spent several hundred bucks already, and it will be in the thousands before I am done -_-

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Well if I had that much money I would gladly buy more stuff. I mean I'm happy with what I bought and the creators put time and effort into this, so thats something I happily support... but lets be honest, there is a lot stuff that is heavily overpriced and I dont want to support that too :/
I`d rather create my own stuff and put it for free.
Live and let live.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Well if I had that much money I would gladly buy more stuff. I mean I'm happy with what I bought and the creators put time and effort into this, so thats something I happily support... but lets be honest, there is a lot stuff that is heavily overpriced and I dont want to support that too :/
I`d rather create my own stuff and put it for free.
Live and let live.
I pirate and buy stuff, offer game for free but have a Patreon.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Btw is anyone willing to check my spelling in the script from time to time?
As I said english is not my native language and I dont want a game full of spelling errors or weird sounding sentences :/
This would also be a good opportunity to get some inside into the story and game mechanics way before anybody else.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Btw is anyone willing to check my spelling in the script from time to time?
As I said english is not my native language and I dont want a game full of spelling errors or weird sounding sentences :/
This would also be a good opportunity to get some inside into the story and game mechanics way before anybody else.
I'd be willing to be spelling and grammar checker so i'#ll throw my hat in for that if you'd like. I don't know what your native language is but to be honest it's hard to tell you aren't a native speaker, normally you can pick up stuff from grammar, German and verb placement and word concatenation, stuff like that but if you'd be more comfortable with a proof reader throw me a message.

dirtiedawg

Jun 21, 2018
I am also trying to create a game and would love to get any feedback that I can. The story I am thinking about thus far is a Halloween party and some supernatural elements. I know it soulds cliche but this is my first try and I am not sure how to get started. I have Ren'Py and i have no idea how to begin any ideas.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I am also trying to create a game and would love to get any feedback that I can. The story I am thinking about thus far is a Halloween party and some supernatural elements. I know it soulds cliche but this is my first try and I am not sure how to get started. I have Ren'Py and i have no idea how to begin any ideas.
The most important thing you should do if you have no idea... start simple.
Many people (me included) started with great ideas and ended up with nothing but a mess because the scope was simply unrealistic. Try something small at first. Try to get the things working that YOU like, and if you can make these work, then you can start to think about what others like to see.

Reactions: dirtiedawg

dirtiedawg

Jun 21, 2018
The most important thing you should do if you have no idea... start simple.
Many people (me included) started with great ideas and ended up with nothing but a mess because the scope was simply unrealistic. Try something small at first. Try to get the things working that YOU like, and if you can make these work, then you can start to think about what others like to see.
Thank you for the feedback and I do suffer from "lofty ideas" also so going slow is great. I am also looking for artwork and sites where I can get them.

Apr 25, 2019
I am probably way to late for the party here, but anyways.
I personally have a soft spot for incest games, and like what you said so far (y)

But a element that could be fun in a game like this, was a "Desperate meter" witch would need to be high enough for the main character to actually start acting on hes sexual ergs with hes own family. I do not know if this mechanic is possible in renpy.

A bit more of teasing scenarios would be nice, instead of all thous "this is my mother.....and then they fuck" kind of games.
Seeing the characters you are working forwards to nude from the start is a big no no in my book.

So since its a incest game, characters like: Mother, little and/or big sister, aunt, grandmother and cousin would be nice.
Even thou the ntr tag never was my style i always liked the idea of a father that would like to see hes wife, sister and/or daughter(s) being with hes son, in a voyeur kind of way. Maybe he would even encourage the family to do so in a silent sneaky kind of way.

Sleeping scenarios and any kind of voyeur always hit me in the right spot.

Please don´t make a grind fest out of it (a little grind is ok).

And yes small titted twins would be awesome :cool:

A sandbox type of game would be fun.

I would love to help you out with the spell/grammar but English is not my native language either :confused: so i do not know if my segment here is full of errors :unsure:

I wish you the best of luck with your game, and i look forward to the day you release it :)