Creating a game named Your Choice

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Welcome to Your Choice
welcome.jpg
Hi guys!,

I'm creating a game for the community with unity, I want to do it with a system of days / hours and the truth is that I'm close to getting the first version. I made lots of images for the game but it did not convince me the result, so I started rendering everything with new lighting. For now you will only be able to interact with the bonus and with your cat, but if the game likes the community I will add more mini stories and content. Probably i will do a localization for spanish users.

Some renders of the game.
Julie_masturbating_2.jpg presentation_friendcousin5.jpg presentation_kitchen_friendcousin3.jpg

Harard

Aug 23, 2016
Good luck with your game!
I think gameplay, writing and story is much more important than the images. Many games out there have great images, but awful mechanics and story. It's also much easier to update text, so do the images when you know how everything will come together.

Here are some things many games do wrong in my opinion:
  1. Don't go overboard with dialogue and text. Having less means you can do it properly and the players are less likely to miss it. Bad dialogue is one of the worst things that can happen to a sex scene.
  2. Make interesting characters. The girls shouldn't just differ visually, but also have different personalities. Maybe the slut is disappointed in your sex-ability or a girl is actually a lesbian and competes with you for other girls?
  3. Make the characters consistent. When she catches you peeking she might start locking the door. But when she already has given you a blowjob she probably doesn't mind anymore.
  4. Give the player information. When your sister is in the Bathroom put an icon there. If a dialogue option is new highlight it. If you got a date in a week mark it in the calendar. If a girl is terrified of you have her tell you that or show it in your notes.
  5. Make the interface efficient and intuitive. I don't want to click four times to go from the kitchen to my room if I do it twice per day.
  6. Be very careful with events you can only try once. I don't want to save the game before every decision and reload if I don't like the outcome, but I will do that rather than start over.

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
Also having girls with a variety of body types is good. Throw in petite characters (with small breasts) and tan skin to mix things up. I like that the game is called choices, I hope that it truly always the player to tailor the story with the decisions they have made.

Reactions: yourchoice1

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Good luck with your game!
I think gameplay, writing and story is much more important than the images. Many games out there have great images, but awful mechanics and story. It's also much easier to update text, so do the images when you know how everything will come together.

Here are some things many games do wrong in my opinion:
  1. Don't go overboard with dialogue and text. Having less means you can do it properly and the players are less likely to miss it. Bad dialogue is one of the worst things that can happen to a sex scene.
  2. Make interesting characters. The girls shouldn't just differ visually, but also have different personalities. Maybe the slut is disappointed in your sex-ability or a girl is actually a lesbian and competes with you for other girls?
  3. Make the characters consistent. When she catches you peeking she might start locking the door. But when she already has given you a blowjob she probably doesn't mind anymore.
  4. Give the player information. When your sister is in the Bathroom put an icon there. If a dialogue option is new highlight it. If you got a date in a week mark it in the calendar. If a girl is terrified of you have her tell you that or show it in your notes.
  5. Make the interface efficient and intuitive. I don't want to click four times to go from the kitchen to my room if I do it twice per day.
  6. Be very careful with events you can only try once. I don't want to save the game before every decision and reload if I don't like the outcome, but I will do that rather than start over.
Thanks a lot for this tips, i will keep in my mind for my game.
Also having girls with a variety of body types is good. Throw in petite characters (with small breasts) and tan skin to mix things up. I like that the game is called choices, I hope that it truly always the player to tailor the story with the decisions they have made.
Yep, first i want to make a consistent history and then for some events will be a butterfly effect on future events.

Thanks for your comment!

Reactions: revan335

killstrike25

Jun 3, 2017
I would consider adding

1. Animations* "Possibly Interactive" Similar to Hack&Stalk
2. Good quality sound* "if you add any"
3. Flashback or Recaps like "ikarumod for Dating My Daughter 0.10"
4. Dynamic events/photos try not to overuse the same scene without any changes in dialogue or character reactions
5. Clickable items - Could be a dresser, bear, laptop, clothes
6. Immersion "Allow toggle keys for overlay"
7. Achievements "Different endings good or bad"
8. Character Thoughts "Allow the player to influence or temporarily play as another character"
9. Hidden Items, and Easter Eggs "For instance a key to a room, or hidden camera"
10. Ability to Pan & Tilt camera in 180/360 "Not many games use this appropriately"

Depending on the type of game your making here is a short list of game references that are good but could be improved
Big Brother
Dating My Daughter
Dreams of Desire
Teachers Pet
Hack&Stalk
The Gift Reloaded
Dual Family
BabySitter

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
All of you are awesomes, thanks for the tips i appreciate a lot.

The only thing that has done until now is that they renew comments so that they do not become repetitive. I also plan to do a drag sprite as playwithus with his sister but in other releases.

Bit by bit i will add all of the tips (those i can xD)

The UI until now. I want to put an icon for stats and maybe for notes.

Untitled-1.jpg

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
i dont know how to edit my first post lol XD

I put some info here:

My nickname is Lusi, since I was little I was curious about the 3D world, either in video games or in the movies. I recently discovered this genre of video games and I have enjoyed it so far. My goal is to create content for the community and in this way to be able to learn. I started a game recently called "Your Choice", is based on the story of a boy who after the death of his parents (often cliché!) is alone and begins to question his life. After this his cousin decides to invite to his house the time that he wants to be able to move away from the day to day that made him remember the death of his parents. I have sought to focus on it as a "sandbox" for the player to decide to do and will be limited by his relationship with his cousin (and his cat XD).

For the moment I have planned to play with only two characters, the cousin and the friend of the cousin. Little by little and seeing if the story / game likes then I will go incorporating more people, more mini stories and more content.

Reactions: revan335

yourchoice1

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Well a little update, i wanted to finish the first version this week but i prefer improve my quality images.

This is one of the renders im improved.
cousinwatchingtvv2.jpg

Reactions: Krull