Cover Art Dimensions

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Is there any recommendations for standard/optimal cover art dimensions for a game thread? In particular a max width to stay at or below. I was thinking I might start playing around with painting a cover art header for the text game I'm working on atm that I could use for both the development update thread I'm planning to start soon and eventually the game listing thread when the time comes. But I'd like to know what sort of limitations I should consider before I get too carried away with it.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Is there any recommendations for standard/optimal cover art dimensions for a game thread? In particular a max width to stay at or below. I was thinking I might start playing around with painting a cover art header for the text game I'm working on atm that I could use for both the development update thread I'm planning to start soon and eventually the game listing thread when the time comes. But I'd like to know what sort of limitations I should consider before I get too carried away with it.
Don't make it too small, don't make it A4 size. And don't make it needlessly large in terms of file size. Everything else is ok

Reactions: uradamus

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Ya, that's kinda what I was figuring too. One thing worth noting is that after looking at a dozen or so recent cover art images, the most commonly used has been 1600 x 400. Those that weren't that size were generally a fair bit smaller (width wise) and not even remotely standardized. Figured it would be worth tossing that out there in case anyone else ever finds themselves searching for this info down the line.