dinuguan42

Nov 18, 2021
Really great Dev Diary Post by Anthaum today

Hello friends! Dev diary time is upon us.

I've released version v0.4.27h today with another round of bugfixes. I don't think there's anything very critical in there, but if anything has been annoying you, download this one and see if it fixes it! If it doesn't, remember that you can always drop a message in the bug-reports channel in the Discord, or just DM me here.

I've been very busy since the last progress report! Over the weekend I finished the planned new events for the Admirer revision. When I was done, out of curiosity I did a word count and it was about 9,000, which is way more than I expected! Apparently it's very easy to underestimate how much writing goes into events.

Anyway, it was a very fun series of events to write and I hope you enjoy them!

Much of the week has been general playtesting, polishing, and fixing. Relationship logic is complicated and some issues can only be uncovered through playing a normal game.

For example, in order to not spam you with relationship events, they tend to get spaced out for you behind the scenes. This would be fine, except at a certain point in the game, you tend to start getting lots of people qualifying to be friends — and then you end up with other types of relationship events clogged up behind all these potential new friends! Obvious in retrospect, because a casual friendship is a relatively low bar, but it did need fixing, and this is accomplished by making new friendships less frequent as your number of friends grows. This gives room for other relationships to move forward.

Other than that, my focus has mainly been on beefing up the dating and romance aspect of this update, as there are certainly a lot of people looking for more of that. When planning this update early on, several dev diaries ago, I mentioned the idea of making romance less about grinding that Romance attitude and more about distinct events and thresholds.

I decided to lean into that idea and, well, basically build some dating sim mechanics into the game. But wait, hear me out! Instead of going on bunches of dates until you grind the Romance attitude to 60%, what if particular milestones represented progress toward a relationship? First date, third date, first kiss, and some dirtier milestones... these all move you along the path to snaring that person that's caught your interest.

And if you don't like the idea of keeping track of what you've done with whom, there's also an option to turn off the dating sim type mechanics. But I think most people will find them more engaging than the alternative.

One milestone I decided on was taking a person on their favorite type of date. What type of date is their favorite? That will depend on their interests and inclinations, and it's up to you to discover it!

Of course, to facilitate this, we need a few more date types than we have right now. For example, studious types may enjoy a one-on-one study session...

...though it's important to be on the same page about what exactly that entails!

We're also introducing the arcade date.

Of course, you can also do these things as platonic hangouts. I have a gym date in mind too that I want to get to, but as these event sets take some time to write, I decided to make sure the coding tasks were done before I came back to writing.

I'll be getting back to this milestone-driving dating system right after this dev diary, and I'll likely dip into weekend time too to make sure I can get everything done that I want to. I have in mind some sort of "dating card" to show what you know of an NPC's preferences and how many milestones you've gotten to — I haven't quite gotten to UI yet or I'd be showing it off here. :)

I'm quite close to being where I want to be and there is a very good chance that the next time you hear from me will be regarding early access. Do note that this will be a very "hot" early access, meaning far away from a code freeze — I'll continue adding in more things based on feedback and my own sense of what the update could still use. For this reason, it's entirely possible this early access will extend beyond the usual week. But nothing is set in stone!

That's all I've got to say for now, but you'll hear from me again soon! As always, thanks so much for your support. I couldn't do this without you!

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I can't wait for the relationships and what all they entail, especially to see all the variants in events depending on the type of people they are as well, hopefully! Seeing this peek, hearing so much about what's going into them AND to think it's getting closer and closer like this? I don't know if I'll be able to put this game down, to be honest!

Reactions: GokutheG

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Thank you, i did already a quick test and prepared a save for her yesterday, she got where the issue is (when your partner wearing the strap on the idea for fucking right now disappear as the strap on) and worked on it.. will probably be fixed in the next update (right now the version is 4.27g you can get it on Itchio page)
Today dinuguan42 posted a message saying version v0.4.27h was released today. Does that mean the bug will Not be fixed till at least v0.4.27K?
Also how far behind is F95 on Updates, 1 month 2 months or more?

Thanks

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Today dinuguan42 posted a message saying version v0.4.27h was released today. Does that mean the bug will Not be fixed till at least v0.4.27K?
Also how far behind is F95 on Updates, 1 month 2 months or more?

Thanks
She already solved the strap on bug.. for that and some others little changes she did the release..
You can get it from Itchio, dunno when F95 will be updated..

Taker seems interesting. How do I do the "dubious consent" stuff? Is it not in the game yet like the breeding kink/pregnancy stuff?
At this stage of the game is used only to control the behavior of the Forceful NPCs..
Not useful giving it to your MC (just asked to Anthaum)

Last edited:

MarxDraconis

Oct 29, 2021
Possible bug, not sure, need some help. I can't progress the BFF questline any further. I've solved the mystery of the milkshakes, and the next hint says "Visit her dorm and talk about sex." However, when I visit her dorm, the only two options are "Hang out" and "Watch a movie," even when the BFF's roommate isn't there.

Dimas78

Jan 16, 2021
I found a bug in the v0.4.27e. During sex if you are with a dominant partner and he is trying to insert, you have the option to struggle. But even if you "win" the struggle, the game doesn't recognize it and the text continues with insertion. After the "sex" the character is still a virgin, but if he came inside, you still get creampied.... It is sort of a mess :D I am playing on the Dangerzone seed, if that means anything :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Melmoth99

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Possible bug, not sure, need some help. I can't progress the BFF questline any further. I've solved the mystery of the milkshakes, and the next hint says "Visit her dorm and talk about sex." However, when I visit her dorm, the only two options are "Hang out" and "Watch a movie," even when the BFF's roommate isn't there.
You need to raise a bit Disinhibition and Exhibitionism (there's an hidden skillcheck, you need atleast lvl 2 in each)

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Thanks, Dandy. Always helpful and got the answers we need.
No need, i just share a bit of the knowledge that i managed to collect on Discord!
(Out of some naughty talk about the game is a safe place and all are welcome to join in it and give suggestions/report bug/just chat!)

I found a bug in the v0.4.27e. During sex if you are with a dominant partner and he is trying to insert, you have the option to struggle. But even if you "win" the struggle, the game doesn't recognize it and the text continues with insertion. After the "sex" the character is still a virgin, but if he came inside, you still get creampied.... It is sort of a mess :D I am playing on the Dangerzone seed, if that means anything :)
Yes and that is because there're update and bugfix..
You can get the updated version!
From

You can make a save and then play once updated the folder!

Last edited:

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
i like this game. what is bothering me pretty much is ability to customize mc in tiny details (skin, hair/hairstyle, eyes, body shape...), dress her, style her... but you cannot see your avatar on the left with stats. i tried several html/qsp games with customization of mc (in detail or minimum) and each of them is showing you what you did with mc.
i could understand if this is too much for dev, but why then you are offering us illusion of charachter creation. in current development,, customization is just wasting devs and our time.
maybe dev or some of you following game more intensive than me, can give me info is there any plan to add avatar or can advise dev to add it

Reactions: gds21

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
You need to raise a bit Disinhibition and Exhibitionism (there's an hidden skillcheck, you need atleast lvl 2 in each)
As an aside, there is a bit of a weird one with this.

One of the possible 'sex talks' you can get is talking about anal sex. Female BFF takes out a strap on to have your first anal be by her, no problem in itself... if i wasn't playing a straight guy.

1716037751237.png

So that felt kind of out of left field. I should also mention i've had sex with her a fair number of times:

Sex
You've gotten a handjob from her on two occasions.
You've fingered her on three occasions.
You've fucked her on nine occasions.
You've eaten her out on six occasions.
You've gotten a blowjob from her on three occasions.
You've been anally fingered by her on one occasion.

...So, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the other way around?

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
As an aside, there is a bit of a weird one with this.

One of the possible 'sex talks' you can get is talking about anal sex. Female BFF takes out a strap on to have your first anal be by her, no problem in itself... if i wasn't playing a straight guy.

View attachment 3646721

So that felt kind of out of left field. I should also mention i've had sex with her a fair number of times:

Sex
You've gotten a handjob from her on two occasions.
You've fingered her on three occasions.
You've fucked her on nine occasions.
You've eaten her out on six occasions.
You've gotten a blowjob from her on three occasions.
You've been anally fingered by her on one occasion.

...So, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the other way around?
Well.. no one is forcing you to do that scene :cool:
Once that thought reach your straight mind you can still refuse it..

Losing your virginity with BFF is just a little boost to romance, but you can just date/hangout/booty call as any other NPCs that is up for those at that point!
BFF can look shy in some manner, but isn't virgin!

Last edited:

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
i like this game. what is bothering me pretty much is ability to customize mc in tiny details (skin, hair/hairstyle, eyes, body shape...), dress her, style her... but you cannot see your avatar on the left with stats. i tried several html/qsp games with customization of mc (in detail or minimum) and each of them is showing you what you did with mc.
i could understand if this is too much for dev, but why then you are offering us illusion of charachter creation. in current development,, customization is just wasting devs and our time.
maybe dev or some of you following game more intensive than me, can give me info is there any plan to add avatar or can advise dev to add it
Many using the description to create their own MC as personal art on Discord, some naughty ones doing that also here!
(IT Person Dinuguan42 is attempting to gain more work!)

Is a text game, no sign in this direction i think..

Reactions: Melmoth99

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Well.. no one is forcing you to do that scene :cool:
Once that thought reach your straight mind you can still refuse it..

Losing your virginity with BFF is just a little boost to romance, but you can just date/hangout as any other NPCs at that point!
BFF can look shy in some manner, but isn't virgin!
It's not that, i mean in my game i sleep around with pretty much everyone, it just felt a bit out of place given that in the rest of the game it tracks gender and sexual preference just fine. Just not there, so it came across as a bug.

4.40 star(s) 68 Votes