smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
This hypothetical... doesn't make any sense. If a futa character is well-fleshed out they're obviously going to have more than one scene, even just having 2 or 3 invalidates this. I get what you're trying to say, but you're going about it wrong.
I'm saying that even taking an exaggerated worst case for female characters and an exaggerated best case for futa characters it still lands in favor of female characters in terms of total content and depth of content. Frankly though none of us here can be bothered to read through 200 ish characters to create a detailed comparison so either way it's always going to be somewhat nebulous claims for or against, the basic numbers are the best data we've got.

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
Just remember, this game is 8 years old. They do all this side content, but they have yet to finish the MSQ and you still can't put a baby in the main companion due to arbitrary and capricious developer attitudes... as if that is the one plot point that must stand, when all others are mutable. :>

May-ternity will be all the characters you least care about, like gender-swapped ones. Not because they can't touch the core NPCs, but because Savin farms out the work to inconsequential characters that have no baring on the plot because Savin doesn't want to wrap up any core plots.

Also featured: Plenty of missing gods. Any meaningful content resulting from trading away your soul to said gods. I mean damn, I know they worry about ending their revenue stream by "ending" the game, but there is so much post "ending" content (the gods) to explore, they can surely get another 6 years out of the epilogue.

I'll give the observer credit for his part in actually making the god thing start to become relevant. I wish the rest of the team had the foresight to lean into the gods.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Just remember, this game is 8 years old.
patreon milking game will go on milking forever
but they have yet to finish the MSQ and you still can't put a baby in the main companion
you need a vagina for a baby. the devs find vaginas gross and hate them.
devs like boobs, cocks, and assholes. but no vaginas.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I mean the foxes and Nina are both TOBS so they're instantly shit. I think that's the real issue, a fuckton of females in this game just aren't very appealing and the few who are, they're the ones that don't get updated a ton. I can't even remember the last time I jerked it to a female scene in this game outside of Brienne and her family because I can just get better and more varied female content in so many other games.

The only things this game really excels at is preg and futa content. If you're not looking at preg content, then there isn't really any stand-out female content outside of a few exceptions. I think that's where a lot of the frustration really lies.
That's not what's being said, though. People are complaining about sheer numbers and amount of content and attention given to specific characters, and factually, those numbers are all in favor of bog-standard female characters.

By a lot. A whole lot. It's not even a little close.

It's a bit annoying when the crowd who probably has 70% of the game geared towards their preferred gender/sexuality looks at the crowd who has maybe 10-15% of the game and is like "YOU GUYS HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF".

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
patreon milking game will go on milking forever

you need a vagina for a baby. the devs find vaginas gross and hate them.
devs like boobs, cocks, and assholes. but no vaginas.
Nah, it is literally just down to pettiness. People have been asking for it every update, for years, and somewhere along the way it became a case of "Fuck you" from Savin's end. Refusing to add that gives them joy at getting to refuse people who annoyed them personally.

I could understand "ew gross", but this is literally just pettiness. Exploding portals, taming and making waifu out of demons, reversing curses and time traveling / ghosts, planar traveling, all that you can fuck with. Cait's birth control? The one law of the universe so long as Savin is pissed off about annoying fans.

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
That's not what's being said, though. People are complaining about sheer numbers and amount of content and attention given to specific characters, and factually, those numbers are all in favor of bog-standard female characters.

By a lot. A whole lot. It's not even a little close.

It's a bit annoying when the crowd who probably has 70% of the game geared towards their preferred gender/sexuality looks at the crowd who has maybe 10-15% of the game and is like "YOU GUYS HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF".
I think there is a huge difference between a female character you fuck once as a "mook"/"goon"/"Minion"/"Trash" mob, and a companion with 20-30 odd pages of content. Yes, there are a lot of fuck-and-forget female monsters in CoC2.

Vari, Gwyneth and Zo? I imagine if you combined all the writing done for the three of them you would still have a smaller word count for all the shit you can do with Brienne/Brint and Berwyn, alone.

You find way more fleshed out work done on genderswaps and futa then you do most of the female companions. How long has Atugia been a part of the game? Since day 1 practically? And how much content does Atugia provide you with?

Then you get a ton of content with centaurs. How many of the "I like standard women" crowd do you think are really interested in that sort of thing? I guess the grown-up MLP fans are in for a treat, but I kinda think it is a bit off to count them among "standard" women. Honestly, I'd put tauric things into their own category.

It's not just about the raw count, it's about the depth and quality of the content. Everyone bitches about Tobs but at least he finishes out his characters. I'd rather play a game written by tobs alone then face another 6 months of Brint/Brienne and Brienne's family, content. If you don't like Brint, shocker, you wont like engaging with content orbiting that character.

j_ericson

Aug 28, 2021
I get needing to vent about stuff that annoys you but dear god. Theres 30k+ posts arguing amongst each other about what people who are not even present should be doing. At least confront them on the forum or discord instead of circlejerking eachother.

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
I get needing to vent about stuff that annoys you but dear god. Theres 30k+ posts arguing amongst each other about what people who are not even present should be doing. At least confront them on the forum or discord instead of circlejerking eachother.

What does it even hurt tho? It doesn't bump the topic up the game release list. It's not an imageboard. There's a wiki if you need tips/advice. So exactly why are you here? This is where you discuss the game. That's what is taking place. You don't gotta participate.

Jul 22, 2017
ok but arguing is fun, bitching is cathartic and trying to go talk to the devs will just get you banned probably so I say we need another 1655 pages of back and forth

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I think there is a huge difference between a female character you fuck once as a "mook"/"goon"/"Minion"/"Trash" mob, and a companion with 20-30 odd pages of content. Yes, there are a lot of fuck-and-forget female monsters in CoC2.
I agree but...females are equally ahead in both categories, so its not really relevant.

Vari, Gwyneth and Zo? I imagine if you combined all the writing done for the three of them you would still have a smaller word count for all the shit you can do with Brienne/Brint and Berwyn, alone.
...I mean...probably? You're comparing companions to side characters. Ideally, companions should have more content.

Also, none of those are futa. Berwyn (before the change) is one of the very few males with a decent amount of content, who are in an even worse position than futas.

You find way more fleshed out work done on genderswaps and futa then you do most of the female companions. How long has Atugia been a part of the game? Since day 1 practically? And how much content does Atugia provide you with?
Where did genderswaps come into anything?
And in any case, why bring up just Atugia?
If we're going companion for companion, do you think Cait/Brienne/Kiyoko/Atugia/Agni/Azzy/Viv (7 female companions) have less or more content than the ONE futa companion? Heck, throw in Ryn if you want to, the huge content disparity is still obvious.

How much content has Arona gotten? Any big updates for her I don't know about?

Again: who are these hugely fleshed out futas?

Then you get a ton of content with centaurs. How many of the "I like standard women" crowd do you think are really interested in that sort of thing? I guess the grown-up MLP fans are in for a treat, but I kinda think it is a bit off to count them among "standard" women. Honestly, I'd put tauric things into their own category.
In fact, there are more futa centaurs than anything, so if you're talking centaurs out of the counts, the disparity grows even more in favor of pure female characters.

It's not just about the raw count, it's about the depth and quality of the content. Everyone bitches about Tobs but at least he finishes out his characters. I'd rather play a game written by tobs alone then face another 6 months of Brint/Brienne and Brienne's family, content. If you don't like Brint, shocker, you wont like engaging with content orbiting that character.
I mean...yeah? Thats goes for anything, thats neither here nor there. Any content might be disliked by anyone, regardless of their orientation. People who want female characters arent going to like all the female characters, and people who want futa characters arent going to like all the futa characters. Same for anyone.

But what futa characters has gotten a content drop as large as Brienne's, which included her and two more female family members? With, remember, more still to come.

Yet again, I ask who are these in depth, lots of content futa characters we're talking about?

Because so far, in this entire conversation, the only one who got name dropped is Evelyn - a character whose plotline still hasn't finished and got a grand total of ONE major update in 4 and a half years.

Last edited:

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
Im just a pirate now. Just noting that you're riling yourselves up for no reason. If you enjoy being angry knock yourselves out, but I'd recommend a healthier pass time. It did wonders for me.
Enjoying arguing =/= enjoying anger. Pretty normal wanting to debate and argue with people, even over seemingly pointless things. There's no big drama going on here, just discussion about the proper amount of chicks with dicks in a game.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
May-ternity will be all the characters you least care about, like gender-swapped ones. Not because they can't touch the core NPCs, but because Savin farms out the work to inconsequential characters that have no baring on the plot because Savin doesn't want to wrap up any core plots.
Dont remind me. They keep making up new inconsequential NPCs with the most shallow preg content possible ignore longer established ones who would benefit off more fleshed out content. Makes me think it's just so they don't have to try as hard to include the fetish.

I couldn't care less about the ratio amongst the genders. Just stop making so many unneccesary throwaway ones who only get a couple updates each.

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
I bring up Atugia because she's the prime example of what you can expect out of a female companion class character versus one like Berwyn. You yourself even tried to duck into this counter-argument that I wasn't comparing companion to companion.

At the same time, you're meshing together all non-companion females with companion females and while entirely ignoring the lack of depth and lack of creativity behind said characters. Sheer numbers alone is not telling us a total picture here. It's intellectually disingenuous. Something like Berwyn should not have the same weight in the count as something like Atugia. Hell, there are throw-away wild encounter trash monsters with more content than Atugia.

Now I get it. If you're going to give a character a default body, then give your player options to modify it, you're also going to have to write lore, scenes, conflicts and all that jazz, to facilitate it. Then that also means they'll get scenes impregnating the PC, or being able to be impregnated, so it is way easier to create content for the bisexual player who's into jungle-gym companions... but that completely validates the accusation hetrosexual players bring up when they say that the only-male love interest companions, or only-female love interest companions, lack the depth that the jungle-gym characters have. The kitsune den as a whole is proof you can have depth, quests, mechanics and interesting world fluff on vanilla characters. As is Brint's family.

I'd like to see all companions written to the level of Brint, Kiyoko, Berwyn, I'd like to see Atugia given the attention she deserves. They need to put the breaks on new characters, flesh out current ones, and finish the MSQ. That wont happen as long as they're just letting their paid writing staff continue to contribute whatever adhd new oc they come up with, and I say that as an adhd creative myself.

At this point they may as well just make CoCII a framework so people can add in random junk, because that's about how much unified creative vision this has. The only reason these body-morphing characters have so much content is precisely because they appeal to the creative type that gets bored easily. Which is their writing staff.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I bring up Atugia because she's the prime example of what you can expect out of a female companion class character versus one like Berwyn. You yourself even tried to duck into this counter-argument that I wasn't comparing companion to companion.

1.Berwyn is a DUDE. I didn't compare them, because in a futa vs female conversation, Berwyn doesn't even figure. I'm not sure why you're bringing up Berwyn.
Of course, you can change Berwyn into anything you want at the end...but that spread the content out equally between ALL genders, which makes it a moot point, and for most of his plotline he's still a dude.

2. Berwyn does NOT have a lot of content. He didn't get a content update for so long, he gotten given a single big update by B, then sidelined. Berwyn's a terrible standard.

At the same time, you're meshing together all non-companion females with companion females and while entirely ignoring the lack of depth and lack of creativity behind said characters. Sheer numbers alone is not telling us a total picture here. It's intellectually disingenuous. Something like Berwyn should not have the same weight in the count as something like Atugia. Hell, there are throw-away wild encounter trash monsters with more content than Atugia.
Again Berwyn doesn't count AT ALL. He isn't in this.

I'm saying it DOESN'T MATTER which metric you use.
Characters with little content? Mostly female.
Characters with lots of content? Mostly female.
Throwaway characters? Mostly female.
Characters with lots of plot relevance? Mostly female.

Now I get it. If you're going to give a character a default body, then give your player options to modify it, you're also going to have to write lore, scenes, conflicts and all that jazz, to facilitate it. Then that also means they'll get scenes impregnating the PC, or being able to be impregnated, so it is way easier to create content for the bisexual player who's into jungle-gym companions... but that completely validates the accusation hetrosexual players bring up when they say that the only-male love interest companions, or only-female love interest companions, lack the depth that the jungle-gym characters have. The kitsune den as a whole is prove you can have depth, quests, mechanics and interesting world fluff on vanilla characters. As is Brint's family.
..you just named a bunch of female characters with in depth content. Brints family and kitsune den is like....8 female characters.

And ZERO futas. You literally just went against your own point.

I'd like to see all companions written to the level of Brint, Kiyoko, Berwyn, I'd like to see Atugia given the attention she deserves. They need to put the breaks on new characters, flesh out current ones, and finish the MSQ. That wont happen as long as they're just letting their paid writing staff continue to contribute whatever adhd new oc they come up with, and I say that as an adhd creative myself.

At this point they may as well just make CoCII a framework so people can add in random junk, because that's about how much unified creative vision this has. The only reason these body-morphing characters have so much content is precisely because they appeal to the creative type that gets bored easily. Which is their writing staff.
Why are you focused on body morphing characters? Who are we even talking about besides Berwyn (not much content) and Brienne (whose content is overwhelmingly female)? WHy are they part of this conversation at all? Where did these goalposts suddenly come from?

Why are you bringing them up in a conversation about futa and female? If anything, it works against your argument, because both of them are taking a male character and turning them female, making even MORE female characters.

Why have you still not named all these in-depth, constantly updated, plenty of content futa characters?

2.90 star(s) 93 Votes